Hello!

Just a question, does this board allow for author book promotions? I've written some scifi novels and I was wondering if it was okay to promote them in the "Books" section?

Just a question, does this board allow for author book promotions? I've written some scifi novels and I was wondering if it was okay to promote them in the "Books" section?
Absolutely! Feel free to post and be sure to include a link to your book site and/or Amazon link. 😊

You mean the Dalek in my avatar? Yeah one of my friends used to build them before he moved to a different city. It was awesome! Or did you mean something else? :smiley:

Yeup, the Dalek, it looks great. Your friend did an excellent job creating the character that gave Tom Baker a interesting time during the series. The new flying ones are pretty cool too. Finding classic sci-fi collectables "small scale" is what me and some of my "bros" have fun doing. I found a cool Tardis electronic quiz game. Oh and I had the good luck of finding some rare Jelly Babies at a local classic store. It truly is good, mighty tasty. Welcome aboard ikennedy!:smiley::cool:I try to sneek in a lot, to say howdy, and see what the gang is up to.

Yeah my friend prided himself in making the mockups as accurate as possible. He used to ride around inside them with the proper voice and everything. I do like Dr Who. I've really only seen the "new" ones. It's not my favourite sci-fi tv, though, that falls to Farscape. I do love that show dearly.

That's cool, riding in a Dr. Who Dalek. It would be neet to do a skit and dress up like the actors and put it on u-tube. The original series was the best to me and my bro's, also. :dalek::tardis::whovsdalek:Very intense actors and scenes. I read your book clip, man that would be cool on the silver screen.

Yeah that would be cool. But he's moved to another city hundreds of kilometres away, so it's impossible.
As I said I've only really seen from Doctor 9 or 10 onwards and that's patchy at best.
I'm not sure I understand your last comment. Do you mean you read my book blurb and think it'd be a cool movie? If so I'm flattered. :smiley: If not...I'm confused lol.

Yeah that would be cool. But he's moved to another city hundreds of kilometres away, so it's impossible.
As I said I've only really seen from Doctor 9 or 10 onwards and that's patchy at best.
I'm not sure I understand your last comment. Do you mean you read my book blurb and think it'd be a cool movie? If so I'm flattered. :smiley: If not...I'm confused lol.
The broken Cosmos Trilagy, I skimmed it in your recent post. The silver screen comment, was saying it should be a movie, or a series on the Sy-fy channel on tv. Its unique and most of us sci-fi folks need more new stories on the big screen, as well as paper backs and I-net stories. Is the trilogy available at Barnes and Nobel book stores? It trilogy sounds pretty exciting and wild.:cool: The cover shot of the space craft in orbit looks pretty cool.:cool:

Ah I see. Cool. Thanks! That's a really nice compliment! No sorry due to the fact that I'm in Australia, we have trouble doing print copies for self publishing here. Amazon etc don't allow us to do print copies and those companies that do (and believe me, I'm looking around) make you jump through such hoops to get it done that it is either super expensive for me or just very difficult for whatever reason. The only way you can read it is either on a Kindle or through Kindle App. I'd love to have physical copies, but that is not really possible at the moment, sorry. I'm hoping that in the future, somehow, that changes. But at the moment it's either Kindle or Kindle App (which is free I think) because I've published on Amazon ebooks.
I just wish that Amazon KDP or CreateSpace made print books for Australia, then it would be so easy, but they do not.

I reckon Kindle is the way to go for now. Cool ikennedy, ill keep my eyes peeled for more cool stories. But you never can tell, someday It could be the next box office hit. Optimism is a good thing.:cool:

Last edited:
You can read on any phone or tablet with Kindle App if you don't have a Kindle. But I understand some people prefer not to read on a screen. I've heard that a number of times lately. :smiley:

Say kennedy, would you ever consider writing sequel short stories from cool movies? Example: war of the worlds2 , E.t 2, close encounters 2< I always wondered where the mother ship landed, and how the space critters would treat their new passenger. Do a cool alien space jockey planet the correct way, let em' be elephant critters instead of silly bald headed chrome domes running around in silly hoodies, LOL, Dang it Riddly Scott. LOL! Heavy Metal 2, wizards 2. Heck id love to see Space 1999 the return to earth. The posabilities are endless...:cool:

Back