Hello!

Cool. So how many cool stories have you written total?
Well I've published 3 full sci-fi novels on Amazon as part of the Broken Cosmos series. I've got another novel set in that universe that I'm editing now that's set 200 years after the end of the trilogy. I've got plans for another 3 novels after that set at different times in the same universe, but they're not written yet.

Say kennedy, would you ever consider writing sequel short stories from cool movies? Example: war of the worlds2 , E.t 2, close encounters 2< I always wondered where the mother ship landed, and how the space critters would treat their new passenger. Do a cool alien space jockey planet the correct way, let em' be elephant critters instead of silly bald headed chrome domes running around in silly hoodies, LOL, Dang it Riddly Scott. LOL! Heavy Metal 2, wizards 2. Heck id love to see Space 1999 the return to earth. The posabilities are endless...:cool:

Interesting idea. I've never really written that kind of thing. I've written short stories for university writers' journals and things, but they were not based on movies. I prefer working with my own intellectual property or in IP that's free like war stories or something. But it's an interesting idea! I've also written some Warhammer 40,000 fanfiction for games I play with friends. But for my main writing I try to avoid other people's IP

Interesting idea. I've never really written that kind of thing. I've written short stories for university writers' journals and things, but they were not based on movies. I prefer working with my own intellectual property or in IP that's free like war stories or something. But it's an interesting idea! I've also written some Warhammer 40,000 fanfiction for games I play with friends. But for my main writing I try to avoid other people's IP
Cool.

Why do you ask? Is it something you do? It'd be cool, I've just never done it.
I'm an old school sci-fi dude, my buds and I used to watch the best of films and tv series. But they some left us high and dry. I figured since you were a writer, you might finish what those gents started. But you are right about those stories being copy righted. There might be some issues if some one finished up those tales. Always something, lol! Holly weird is like a big child, you have to look out or it will wine like a lil' stinker! LOL!:rolleyes: Keep up the good work. At least Dr. Who is still going strong.

What about Trans-dimensional aliens. Now that would be cool, if it hasn't already been written. Folks in cities and country going about their daily lives being effected by strange occourences, ufo's coming out of no-where. Alien species that look human, but something about them seems odd. Every day folk accidently slipping in to the alien zone, like walking behind a curtain in a theater. Upon arrival they see some shocking things behind said dimensional curtain. That too would be cool.:cool:
5MillionYearsToEarth%20(82).jpg
cbd1b3bfbcc675079233e1e8c4937b29.jpg

Yeah that's cool. The film Annihilation could be something like that. I haven't seen it but it sounds something like that.

The thing is, almost everything has been told in one way or another before. You just have to find your own way of telling that same story. No one expects you to reinvent the wheel. They just expect you to put your own take on the situation so that it's different enough so as not to look like something someone else has done.

I did a law degree before I started writing novels, and in the subject Intellectual Property I remember one thing and that was you cannot "pass off" your product as someone else's or make your product look too similar to someone else's so that people would be confused as to whose is whose. And of course you cannot copy something that is under copyright.

So basically if you make it different enough to be yours, everything should be fine. Just don't go calling your main character Mickey Mouse.

Or Pluto, or Hank Hill, LOL! It seems true that every thing has been written and re-hashed too much. But there has got to be something someone hasn't written about in the sci-fi theater. How about Italian gangsters from mars? I'm part Italian,;) They fly to other worlds, wreck havoc, and just cause "comical" disarray.:cool:
galaxy_gift_saticons.jpg
I think that would be an interesting sci-comedy scenario, and people, they are called gangsters, not the stupid gangsta name, sheeze.:rolleyes:
clapping-crowd-applause.gif

Yeah that's cool. The film Annihilation could be something like that. I haven't seen it but it sounds something like that.

The thing is, almost everything has been told in one way or another before. You just have to find your own way of telling that same story. No one expects you to reinvent the wheel. They just expect you to put your own take on the situation so that it's different enough so as not to look like something someone else has done.

I did a law degree before I started writing novels, and in the subject Intellectual Property I remember one thing and that was you cannot "pass off" your product as someone else's or make your product look too similar to someone else's so that people would be confused as to whose is whose. And of course you cannot copy something that is under copyright.

So basically if you make it different enough to be yours, everything should be fine. Just don't go calling your main character Mickey Mouse.
Say ikennedy, do you have a sense of humor? I found this classic spoof of star wars on you tube, I used to watch it with my bud's back in the day, long before space balls came out.

Hahaha, that's great. Was that ever a full film or is there just that preview?
I do have a sense of humour. I particularly like British humour like the Goon Show or Monty Python, or in a more modern way, Black Books; stuff like that. None of them is sci-fi though. Space Balls is great too!
Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope is actually my favourite Star Wars film, so that spoof is wonderful!

Hahaha, that's great. Was that ever a full film or is there just that preview?
I do have a sense of humour. I particularly like British humour like the Goon Show or Monty Python, or in a more modern way, Black Books; stuff like that. None of them is sci-fi though. Space Balls is great too!
Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope is actually my favourite Star Wars film, so that spoof is wonderful!
It was a spoof of star wars, it a preview only clip. It came out in 1978 and it had a $8,000 budget but after its showing it made I believe a million or so dollars. It came out long before Space balls, and other spoofs, and it was very popular and funny. I love English comedy, we get it in Texas on PBS and BBC America. If I recall, Monty was a hoot!, Open all hours, The two Ronnies, The Kenny Everett video show<really wild! Benny Hill, who hasn't see that series, HA! Benny was truly the man! Are you being served, Yes minister, my Grand pappy looked like Prime minister Hacker, very close. Alo, alo, very charming comedy. Rene' lol! And many more, all faves of me and my bro's and family too. I think American humor is gone to the dogs since the 80's up so classic 70's back are good re-runs, and of course British comedy, and the Black Adder series, really wild bro!:cool:

Nice! I know most of those shows and they're all good. Yes, Minister is especially witty and applies to today as much as it did in the 1980s. Your grandfather looked like Paul Eddington? Amazing! That would have been cool!
Black Adder is also classic. Not wanting to be offensive but I don't find most modern American humour that funny. It's all cheap gags and not really well written. There are exceptions of course. I do prefer British humour though.

Nice! I know most of those shows and they're all good. Yes, Minister is especially witty and applies to today as much as it did in the 1980s. Your grandfather looked like Paul Eddington? Amazing! That would have been cool!
Black Adder is also classic. Not wanting to be offensive but I don't find most modern American humour that funny. It's all cheap gags and not really well written. There are exceptions of course. I do prefer British humour though.
My friend, modern humor is not at all funny, the humor ended in 1982. I think the writers who write comedy think being disrespectful to the extreme to others is funny. Nope. And our tonight show hosts are a joke. Johnny Carson and the 1970s cast if Saturday night live was the best. Dan Akroid, John Belushi< we lived in Chicago in the 70s, and my mother met John Belushi's mom at a hair salon at the Schaumburg mall, I was in the hobby store down stairs, collecting star wars models. Gilda Radner, Jane Curtain and the rest. All class acts. To me Saturday Night live ended in 1981, the humor was focused at a different crowd. Yeup my granddad looked very close to Paul, except gramps had red hair. Yeup. Ancestry . com says my pop is 75% English, 10% more than the folks that occupy UK today, his family arrived in the Carolinas back in the 1600's. Guess what side of the cival war we were on. LOL!;):DAnd as far as comedy today, uhhgggg, it truly stinks! Watching classic English humor is like a treat. Good neighbors, To the manor borne, etc. All good stuff.1413517809-Fawlty-Towers-1975___1979-quote.jpg,441c4ad1fef4a11fb0f2f253503e8ef5.jpg,father-ted-dvd.jpgMoira Foot from episodes of Are You Being Served.jpg<<<Man that dude Mr. Rumbold had some of the hottest secretarys of the series, as well as Mr.Grace's nurse and assistants, man o' man!

Ah yes, To the Manor Born is good too. Have you seen "The Irish RM"? It's another Peter Bowles light comedy about a resident magistrate in Ireland around the start of the 20th century or the end of the 19th century. It's good.
I don't really watch tonight shows. I know about them, I just don't watch them.
Ah yes Red Dwarf! How could I forget that! And Fawlty Towers. They're all so good.

Ah yes, To the Manor Born is good too. Have you seen "The Irish RM"? It's another Peter Bowles light comedy about a resident magistrate in Ireland around the start of the 20th century or the end of the 19th century. It's good.
I don't really watch tonight shows. I know about them, I just don't watch them.
Ah yes Red Dwarf! How could I forget that! And Fawlty Towers. They're all so good.
I have seen the funniest comedy I have seen in a while called Father Ted, and My Hero they totally are well written. Yeup, I have seen an episode or 2 of The Irish RM, that indeed as a well written series also. Peter Boyles was on To the Manor Born if memory serves me correctly. Wasn't he the fellow that was wealthy with his mom, with a chain of grocery stores? If I can remember correctly, Penelope Keith was the Manor owner, and the end of the series he helped her keep her home and its property and the two became an item. I think ill check out the Irish Rm series, I know I have seen a couple from the series. All classic English shows are great, its like enjoying a ice cream sunday and a mint julip on a hot southern nite with a purty filly on a swing in front of a house. Just nice you know.

Back