Help! Friend troubles...

Kara

eternally nostalgic
Ok, well I have a very big problem, and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's sort of a long story, so here we go:

Ok, on Monday we went on our Music Trip to PEI, and everyone brings money because we go shopping. One of my friends (Courtney) brought $30 that, for some reason, she wasn't supposed to bring. She has a twin sister, (Brittany) and she gave it to her sister, and her sister gave it to me. On the day we came home, she wanted her money back, and I didn't realise she had given it to me, I guess I just forgot about it or something, since a lot of people did for me to put in my purse and I was 100% sure she didn't give hers to me. Anyways, my bag was in the back and I didn't want to go digging through it, so she said that I stole her money and started trying to dig through my bags. My other friends hid my things so she wouldn't, but she was mad and didn't talk to us for the rest of the trip. Brittany got really upset because apparently one girl said something about Courtney and she took it really seriously (I don't know what it was) and she got mad too. And then she said that the only reason she said that was because she was jealous because Courtney was skinny and this other girl was fat. So everyone got mad, because that's just mean. So then we got back and everything was ok for a few days, but there are new problems a' brewin'. We have our semi-formal dance coming up, and my friend Michelle has a HUGE crush on this guy Mike. She's liked him for 2 years or so and she wanted to go with semi with him. Courtney was flirting major with Mike, and Michelle got upset because she likes him a lot, and Michelle and Court are sposed to be real good friends. So she got mad at Court, and Katelyn got mad too because she agreed, and Courtney is just going behind everyone's backs saying all these things about everyone, how she wishes she never met us, we're a waste of time, she hates us, etc. etc. And then, there's the clincher- I was at the movies on Sat. rummaging in my purse for change, and I found $30 tucked away in a small pocket. :blush2: I was planning on giving it back, but I don't know what to do with it, I know it's not mine, but she got the money back from her sister, and she already thinks I stole it, so if I give it back it will be even worse, because she's a total drama queen and she'll milk it for everything it's worth. I was thinking of giving it away or something, because A) she really doesn't deserve it right now and B) she got paid back. But I don't know what to do. Any ideas on anything? What should I do about the money and/or what should I say to her about all this???

Well her sister thinks I stole it too, and she's kind of in with Courtney, since they're twins, it's all a big mess but it wouldn't work. I guess if I keep it then I did kinda steal it, but I didn't do it on purpose and I don't want to spend it.

well it seems like she's not a very good friend if she says those things... she should trust you more if you guys are friends. Hmm... about the money, if she was already paid back then give it to someone else. Her sister maybe? I dunno... I don't know how close you guys are, but if I were you I'd just forget about her... but that's just me :smiley:

Hmmm... also courtney was like one of my very BEST friends and now she hates me. COMPLETELY hates me. She sent me a hate email, and now shes moving out of the locker we share at school. Ugh, I can't bring myself to hate her though, I don't know why. I just can't I think its completely unfair she hates me though because ALL I said was that she flirted with Mike.

UGH!

Yea, everyone's pretty mad at her, and she obviously doesn't want to be friends... so I don't think we are anymore, but the money thing I still don't know what to do with it, thanks for the advice tho guys! :D

Kara said:
Yea, everyone's pretty mad at her, and she obviously doesn't want to be friends... so I don't think we are anymore, but the money thing I still don't know what to do with it, thanks for the advice tho guys! :D
hmm now I think you should just keep it. She's obviously not worth either of your guys' time, so just forget her. She's not good enough to be your friend :smiley:

If the money isn't yours, I wouldn't keep it. Just give it back to her and apologize for any misunderstanding. Just an idea. Hope it all works out.

Kara, I really don't know what to do. I can't bring my self to hate her even though she called me a terrible friend adn got mad at me for being friends with Mich. I'm trying to think about your money problem, and guys there is NO way she can give it to Courtney or Brittany or Ashley for that matter (Her older sister) because they will have a TOTAL pityfest trying to get everyone mad.

Well if this courtney... or is that her name that you owe the money too... if this courtney is mean or w/e then just forget about it... i would keep it if she's a drama queen and just get all mad over it!

oo.. i think you should give it, but have a close, personal discussion first. like how you guys started to fight, what the problem is, etc. then you can apologize and then hopefully she'll apologize and you can give her the money and everything will turn out fine

I know Kara, and she would feel really bad if she kept it... but Courtney and Brittany would FREAK if she gave it back. And courtney told everyone that Kara spent it.

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
Kara said:
hmm now I think you should just keep it. She's obviously not worth either of your guys' time, so just forget her. She's not good enough to be your friend :smiley:
:smiley: Thanks, I was starting to wonder, because Michelle was the only other person I told and she kept telling me to give it back. I thought I was a bad person for wanting to keep it a little bit. ;)

Back