Help in Identifying a SciFi Movie

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could help me identify a sci fi movie that I saw when I was a kid. I don't remember the name of it and I would really like to watch it again. I remember the basic plot as well as specific images from the film so hopefully it will help. I was born in the late 1980s and watched this movie on tv anytime between 1991-1994ish.

It was a space sci fi movie where people were living on a spaceship or space station. I remember that there was some sort of alien attack and the human occupants of the ship escaped in pods. In the rush to leave the ship a boy was left behind. (I believe in this scene, the boy gets the to door just after it closes. Just in time to watch the escape pod with his mother in it leave the ship).

The movie skips forward when humans come back to the ship. The ship is still occupied by aliens, but somehow the boy was allowed to survive into adulthood.

I know this isnt much details to go on so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for the name of this movie on and off for several years.

thanks!

That's a tough one. Don't recognize the plot and nothing sounds familiar. You don't remember anything else about the movie? And ending, villains, something that might stand out.

Back