Sci-Fi Heroes Die Young (Aston West) - TM Hunter

astonwest

Writing Fool
I haven't been around much lately...trying to get work done on some more stories and novels...but I just got done with the Champagne Books annual awards ceremonies, and came out with my own special award. Heroes Die Young picked up Best-Selling Novel of 2008!

Thanks to everyone who made this award possible!

seller08.jpg

And for those who haven't yet picked up a copy, the Champagne Bookstore currently has copies on sale (for a discounted price)!

If you have been debating whether to pick up a copy or not, today's your lucky day! Champagne Books (and its new sci-fi imprint, Burst Books) are offering Heroes Die Young for the discounted price of 99 cents, but that's for TODAY ONLY, so make sure to hurry.

@astonwest is Champagne Books still around? I'm going back through the posts to pick up some new reading material for the collection and the Champagne Books link returns a 404 error message.
I might need to go back and look at the links. I know that they spun off their sci-fi titles to their BURST imprint several years back, but recently, I think I saw where they were going to be bringing those titles back into the main site.

I try to keep my main site's links up-to-date (including the ones for this book) when they change...so that's probably the best bet.

So apparently my buy from Amazon is not exactly working out. :( I placed an order for Heroes Die Young on April 26 (I'll do what & when I can to support our visiting authors). On April 29th I received an email that "due to a shipping error" the first tracking number I was given for USPS was not valid and they provided a new UPS tracking number. When I check the status of the UPS tracking number it shows an origin scan on April 28th with nothing after. Fast forward to May 7 and I still have no package from Amazon; I've contacted their support group this afternoon for assistance since "Package says it was shipped but never delivered" is not one of their automated options to choose from.

Obviously @astonwest has nothing to do with this :P but it does act as a good reminder for me why I enjoy my trips to the local bookstores for picking up new reading material. I think my "Someday when I retire..." wish is to open up a local bookstore that serves more for my own reading pleasure that just so happens to have the occasional customer as well.

:( Hopefully it's not related to any glitch with getting books from the publisher...

That said, let me know if things go south, and we can work out something toward a signed copy...

As I mentioned in another recent thread, I now have a new edition of my novel Heroes Die Young, available over at Amazon...hoping to get a paperback copy out later this year.

HDY_2014_Cover_med.jpg

Space pirate Aston West has come across derelict freighters many times before. But this latest catch, fresh out of a recent battle, proves to be a little more than he expected. He can’t fight the urge to pilfer a valuable cache of illegal contraband, but discovers one last stowaway who tries to kill Aston. Attack craft return to finish the ship off and Aston has no choice but to save her from certain destruction.

Who is she? What was this cargo he just took? Why was the freighter destroyed?

Surrounded by a host of old friends, new acquaintances, and desperate enemies, Aston travels from one system to another, getting the answers he wants, but revealing even more questions, and putting his life motto of never getting involved to the ultimate test. Climaxing in an ending for which even Aston is not prepared, the story will have you gasping for breath, and desperate to find out if heroes truly do die young.

It took a bit but I finally had a perfect Sunday afternoon to read the first part of the Aston West saga, Heroes Die Young. (y)

It was an enjoyable read with my only complaint being that it felt like the ending was cut pre-maturely. If you've ever watched a mini-series or a two-part TV show and at the end of the first episode you know that you won't get an ending just yet but you still yell at the TV "What, they can't stop it there!", then it'll be a familiar feeling. The Aston West character is intended to be a series and the action continues in Friends in Deed; you're just going to wish you had a copy of it handy after finishing up Heroes.

Since my preferred book reading is via physical copies I need to do a little shopping and wait for the deliveries. You Kindle owners, on the other hand, can load up all at once so I recommend picking as much of the Aston West titles as you can in one shot so you can read them in order as part of a continuous reading session instead of breaking things up. Think of it as "binge reading" instead of "binge watching" on Netflix. :P

Glad you enjoyed it!

(I'm a bit surprised that I didn't get a notification about your post, though, since I'm "watching" this thread...hmmm...)

Since my preferred book reading is via physical copies I need to do a little shopping and wait for the deliveries. You Kindle owners, on the other hand, can load up all at once so I recommend picking as much of the Aston West titles as you can in one shot so you can read them in order as part of a continuous reading session instead of breaking things up. Think of it as "binge reading" instead of "binge watching" on Netflix. :P
Now I know why you set up a Kindle app on your Android tablet (from the other thread)...heh. ;)

Back