Heroes

I'm gonna say something and it'll either be obvious to you, or seem presumptuous. Either way, I've gotta say it . . . this show may very well end up to be just as good as Alias. Seriously.

yea it may we'll have to see
one thing i was a bit confused on is how peter could twist his foot back in place even though claire wasnt any where near him any more ane every time he's used some one elses powers theyve been in close contact with him

Warning,
SPOILER
if
you
haven't
watched
yet!

Another great show. Interesting to see that Professor Chandra Suresh was in contact with Mr. Bennet and 'Sylar'.

'Sylar' was a pseudonym taken by... I forget his name. He was creepy when he was asking the professor about when his power will manifest itself and about not wanting to be a watch maker like his father. He went ballistic when Chandra said that he may have been wrong about him having powers and wanted to study other people instead.

As I suspected, Sylar's ability is to steal the power of people that he kills. So his motivation is like Jet Li in movie called 'The One.' Both get the powers of the one that they kill. Sylar told the professor that he wants to meet everyone on the map so they can use their powers. No doubt that Sylar wants to kill them and take their abilities.

Nice revelation about Niki. So Jessica was her sister who died at the hands of their father's drunken rages. Niki blanked out what happened. But her alter-ego takes on Jessica's personality to protect her.

I like that Hiro fell in love with Charlie, the waitress. But then she told him that she was doomed to die from a brain aneurism. She admitted that she loved him and thanked him for giving her hope and joy again. When Hiro accidentally returned to the present, he knew that he couldn't save her. Very sad.

Yeah, I agree that HEROES is definitely the best new show on TV! I'm not sure it'll be as close to my heart (aww) as ALIAS, though, or LOST for that matter, but we'll just have to see how it goes.

Tonight's episode was awesome! Of course...oh, and does everyone know that there's going to be a six-week break after next week's episode? Just thought I'd bring it up...

I hope that everyone caught that 'Sylar' was the brand of watch that he was fixing. He took the alias 'Sylar' because he didn't want to be identified as the watchmaker's son. It was the beginning of his new life as someone special. Yeah, as a killer! :rolleyes:

holy cliffhanger :thud:

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
if you havent watched yet

ok so hiro says they have to save an exploding man.... and the peter is the one who 'splodes?!?!!?!? GAH! :thud:

that whole thing at the end was nuuuuts with peter's 'dream' that had all the heroes running away from him and then he looks down at his hands and... ka-boom... :blink: i dont get it - but i LOVE it

on to the other storylines for a moment...
- i feel so bad for claire that everyone's memory was wiped away :( but i love that crazy!silent!dude let her keep hers!!
- do we even fully understand sylar's power? i mean its clear that if he gets/eats? the brain of the person he kills he takes on their power... but did he have power to begin with? Bc that suresh guy said he wasn't specail enough or whatever which sorta caused his whole psychosis, but he had to have some sort of "power" to fix those watches... but eden killed herself :( sad
- the cop is so seriously going to pop a blood vessle if he does that thing again - that was scary/messed up...but now they know everyone knows/is after sylar
- hiro & the painter that was pretty cool...
- nikki/"jessica", DL, micha - yea i didnt quite expect her to turn herself in... at first i thought she might shoot herslef with that gun, but taht was definitely strange. She's obviously crazy though. but i don't think shes a "hero" she's just classic multiple personality distorder

wow. that was a great episode.

i thought peter's dream with all the heroes running around was really interesting. i can't believe that he's the one that's going to blow up. i hope that's he's going to be ok. i wonder what's happening to him. i don't really like his brother though. nathan seems to be more concerned about his campaign than his own brother.

i thought that was so funny when the cop read his partner's mind when she was thinking that he was cute. that was great.

it was really sad to see eden kill herself. i really liked her. but she's very smart for killing herself before sylar had the chance to take her power. he'd be even more unstoppable if he had the power of persuasion. i'm hoping that we'll learn more about what his powers are.

i felt really bad for claire too. she just lost a really good and loyal friend of hers. i still can't believe that her father knew about her power for years and kept it from her. yeah, that silent guy is really creepy. i wonder what he's got planned. he's got a pretty awesome power.

i'm glad that nikki was able to stop jessica temporarily when she noticed that she hurt micha. i don't think turning herself into the police will be very helpful though. jessica will probably come back and escape.

i'm glad that the painter (is his name isacc??) can use his power without having to get high. i thought that it was great when hiro saw the painting with the dinosaur and the sword and was like "i need to find that sword" i wondering why he's going to have to travel back in time to see the dinosaur.

i can't wait for more of the heroes to meet up. that should be interesting. especially when nathan meets up with nikki. yeah, that should be awkward.

My jaw hung open the last 10 minutes of the episode, and I had to lift it back up to get my mouth to close! Oh my! Oh my! OH MY!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I'm certain that we've experienced the best television has to offer. There is no way it gets better than this, again, we are talking Alias level greatness my friends, Alias level! Who knew that was even possible?!? And I don't say that lightly. Week after week I continue to be amazed. The Grand Canyon sized hole left in my heart after Alias is being filled, I can move on with my life now. I bet I can retire the red and blue wigs and go back to being a brunette . . . then maybe I can start adding color to my wardrobe . . . stop writting little <o>'s on my hand every morning . . . and I'm sure I could find a use for the grain bins I keep my parents in. I can't wait to tell Dr. Barnett all about my breakthrough, I'd better call her first thing in the morning! :woot: Sorry guys, must have forgotten to take my spy meds today.

And a thought from earlier in the week . . .

Okay, so I've figured it out! There's only one explanation for all of this, and I don't know why we didn't see it before . . . Claire's real father is none other than . . . drum roll please . . . Rambaldi! Or Sloane, take your pick. Just think about it . . . it's so clear, isn't it?

I'd always thought of JJ as some sort of puppet master, and now we know it's true! He probably pulled some strings to get JA on board at Heroes so he could work his magic! Genius. The man is a genius! :Ph34r:

I'm so glad that Isaac managed to use his powers without the drugs! And about the drawing he made of Hiro fithing a dinasour, does Hiro go back in time again?

And I really wonder if Claire's dad is telling the truth about her real parents, that they really died? is it true? Or could some of the heroes be her real parents?

No not yet, here in my country they still havent launched it while it is such a great serie :cry: wel if i ain't mistaken the new shows air dates will be continuing from 28 th of January ...

I haven't been able to see the show since it premiered ... since here in Aruba we have an NBC afilliate who shows whatever they want and Heroes wasn't one of them, until the time-change in November ... during December they had their christmas specials, so the show wasn't on, and now its Carnival season, so they won't be showing the new episodes either ... :(

I can only hope that NBC re-news the show, so it can be on for another season and once the DVD is out I will buy it ... ;)

When I met Greg Grunberg last year at the Alias Convention in the UK, we saw the trailer, and some footage ... and I was already interested in the show ... I promised Greg I would watch but I haven't been able to keep my promise :(

'Heroes' Gets Early Pickup

They have saved the cheerleader, and now "Heroes" will have a little longer to save the world.

NBC has given the first-year hit an early pickup for the 2007-08 season, network chief Kevin Reilly told reporters Wednesday at the Television Critics Association press tour. Three other series -- comedies "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" and long-running drama "Law & Order: SVU" -- also got the go-ahead for next season.

"These four series represent some of the best of what we consider to be the 'NBC brand' of quality shows," Reilly says. "It's a pleasure to give them an early renewal to develop more stories for next year, since we know they will remain both critical and commercial successes for a long time to come."

None of the four pickups is much of a surprise. "Heroes," after all, is the top new show of the season in both viewers and the coveted adults 18-49 demographic, drawing better than 15 million viewers per week. "SVU" is NBC's No. 2 drama at 12.9 million viewers per week, and "Earl" and "The Office" are both drawing solid numbers on Thursdays, particularly among younger viewers.

NBC hasn't made decisions yet on any of its other shows yet, but Reilly says that in the case of well-received but underperforming shows like "Friday Night Lights," "30 Rock" and "Studio 60," "I certainly think at least some of those shows will be back next season."

"Heroes," which returns from hiatus next week, has also added one more episode to its order for this season, bringing the total to 23.

I did it was insane... scary too... freaked me out.... i bet they are going to work together... and issac is going to seek vengence or soemthing....

well thats what i would like to see happen.... how scary is peter now that he can contral his powers!!

Back