Hero's Hall EQ2/EQ/SWG Chat Channel

Aen

Cadet
Alright, I will make a post on this. Since a lot of us do play EQ2, and some of you may play EQ or SWG so we will include you on this, this will be Hero's Hall in game chat channel.

What you need to do is To join a chat room on a different EQ server, type:
/join Kithicor.HerosHall

I will make the channel when i get home tonight from work. I am not sure if i have to make it first for others to join or if it just can be automatically created when someone just joins it.

more infomation on cross chat functionality:

Messaging from within EverQuest II or Star Wars Galaxies to other servers and other SOE games:

Sending mail uses the same syntax across EQ, SWG and EQII:

· To send mail to someone in the same game, but on another server, enter their name as servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend in EQ, enter their name as eq.servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend in EQII, enter their name as eq2.servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend in SWG, enter their name as swg.servername.charname

Sending Tells (instant messages) uses the same syntax across EQII and SWG:

· To send a tell to someone on another server, type /t servername.charname

· To send a tell from EQII or SWG to a friend playing EQ, type /t eq.servername.charname

· To send a tell from EQII or SWG to a friend playing SWG, type /t swg.servername.charname
Joining Chat Rooms (In EQII, joining these rooms is also possible from the Chat Options screen accessible by right-clicking a chat window):

· To join a chat room on another server in the same game, type /join servername.roomname

· To join a chat room from EQII to a SWG server, type / join swg. servername.roomname

· To join a chat room from SWG to an EQII server, type / join eq2. servername.roomname

· To join a chat room from SWG or EQII to an EQ server, type /join eq.servername.roomname

· If a room is under other rooms (this is common in SWG, for example), type /join swg.servername.grandparentroomname.parentroomname.roomname
Messaging from EverQuest to other EQ servers and other SOE games uses a slightly different syntax, [t instead of /t for tells, and [join instead of /joinchannel for joining chat rooms:

Sending mail uses the same syntax across EQ, SWG and EQII:

· To send mail to someone on another EQ server, enter their name as servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend in SWG, enter their name as swg.servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend in EQII, enter their name as eq2.servername.charname

Sending Tells (instant messages):

· To send a tell to someone on another EQ server, type [t servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend playing SWG, type [t swg.servername.charname

· To send mail to a friend playing EQII, type [t eq2.servername.charname

Joining Chat Rooms:

· To join a chat room on the same server, type [join roomname

· To join a chat room on a different EQ server, type [join servername.roomname

· To join a chat room in SWG, type [join swg.servername.roomname

· To join a chat room in EQII, type [join eq2.servername.roomname

· If a room is under other rooms (this is common in SWG, for example), type [join swg.servername.grandparentroomname.parentroomname.roomname

Sounds good I will join when I get back from work. My job is so boring I don't really have to do anything I just need to be here to help people at the computer center but hardly anyone is taking classes during the winter break! At least I will have enough money soon to buy a better laptop and play games at work. :P

Does it work with VG? I nearly didn't ask this, but then remember "Oh felgercarb, it is and SOE game, isn't it?"

I actually do not know yet. I remember there was talks of it. That info i had was fairly old back when EQ2 first came out 4 years ago? Has it been that long? *shrugs*

Anyways..i didnt get on last night. I was wiped out and went to bed last night instead of getting on my computer lol. Maybe tonight i will be on.

Code:
[B]Kaosdood:[/B] hay ne1 no wear 2 find mankriks wief
[B]Tokroth:[/B] If you check your quest log, it should have directions.
[B]Kaosdood:[/B] how do u do that
[B]Skrashlin:[/B] GTFO NOOB
[B]Arradas:[/B] Hey, leave him alone, -----.
[B]Skrashlin:[/B] LOL MAKE ME
[B]Dropka:[/B] WTB blues lvl 19 PST
[B]Likrob:[/B] use the trade channel moron!
[B]Kaosdood:[/B] hay wear is the wofe i need 2 find makrinkd wife
[B]Gubra:[/B] ALLIANCE AT XROADS LEVEL 60
[B]Breterallo:[/B] how many?
[B]Gubra:[/B] FIVE ON EPICS
[B]Kaosdood:[/B] i ned help with thjis quest
[B]Skylord:[/B] where r the alliance?!?
[B]Gubra:[/B] AT XROADS
~Barrens Chat~

I only see "barrens" type chat on AB in the 1-9. Chat on Lucan is pretty tame and helpful. You want barrens (foul language, disrespect, crude humor, total -------s) then try AB's 1-9 chat. Never tried the trade channel on any server but do like the crafting ones as they're usually helpful chatters not filth.

If you want a helpful channel for EQ2 stuff without the clutter, /join test.test. Our serverwide chat is often a majority of off-server people, and for the most part we're knowledgeable and friendly. We don't even try to drag people to the Test Server! (Well, not kicking and screaming anyway; the 75% bonus exp has been all the enticement we've needed lately.)

I'm halfway through 77 and not done with Kunzar Jungle yet. Of course, this was all done before the increase from +50% to +75%. Working on levelling up my tradeskillers so I can get some food at reasonable prices before continuing.

I'm halfway through 77 and not done with Kunzar Jungle yet. Of course, this was all done before the increase from +50% to +75%. Working on levelling up my tradeskillers so I can get some food at reasonable prices before continuing.

man, i am almost 74 and i did all the quests in fens and KP. I dont work on tradeskillers lol. I just play the market >< 155p right now hehe over 200p if i sell my investments :D

Well my gf and I just came back and I joined the kithicor channel may see about the test channel also, I am in way too many channels already :^O

I like some of the changes especially in the crafting field but have not gone that far as of yet.

Back