Hero's Hall not a Guild?

E

Eric

when i first access to this site i thought Hero's Hall is a guild...
so, does Hero's Hall has a guild?

No, Hero's Hall is a community fan site dedicated to the upcoming mmorpg, Hero's Journey. We offer HJ News Updates, a library stockpiled with everything related to the game, and a forum for fans to discuss both the upcoming game and any of their own interests - in a family-friendly atmosphere. :D

There are a number of different guilds present here.

We have a listing of existing Hero's Journey guilds HERE

To all: Is your guild not on that list? Email Frosty from the link on the Guild List page to have him add you... Give that man something to do. ;) I think that list needs cleaning up anyway.

I wouldn't mind horribly, if Aini or myself started a guild. It's just a lot of work, and I guess I'm still deciding if I'm up for that, or if I just wanna sit back and relax in my time spent in HJ. I did lead a guild in WoW for a short time.... but we'll have to see what plays out

I do admit I have something in mind though

Guilds seem like they'd be a whole lot o' work. What with making a site, organizing events, making sure you don't eat that shrimp that's been sitting in the sun... So much work.

While that's the type of thing I'd love to do, it's also the type of thing I wouldn't do well. Therefore, it is the type of thing I shouldn't do... yes, yes.

Still, the possibilities...

I wouldn't mind horribly, if Aini or myself started a guild. It's just a lot of work, and I guess I'm still deciding if I'm up for that, or if I just wanna sit back and relax in my time spent in HJ. I did lead a guild in WoW for a short time.... but we'll have to see what plays out

I do admit I have something in mind though

I was thinking about it, and what I concluded that would probably give us the longest life possible and the most fun is that, if we were all to be in a guild, it shouldn't really be a guild with a "leader" right off. Leaders develope out of characters, for one thing. It could have an accountant, but it wouldn't need a leader, and it should be about a group following the same storyline whether or not they belong to some fantastic organisation. That would allow for more diversity than anything. Maybe icly they're just a "group" and mechanics wise they have a tag.

Either way, I've found actually that owning a guild that roleplays heavily is always asking for trouble somewhere down the line. There's always some sort of drama that unfolds and makes the entire group look bad. May as well not put that drama all one one person's shoulders and instead support it with the entire guild's backs so that it has a likelier chance of staying up against the pain.

Yeah, but do we really know enough about the world to decide a concept behind a guild? We really only have vague hints - just enough to get into trouble with.

Not that I wouldn't apply if you did decide to make one.

Considering the concept wouldn't really be all that guildy in the first place, it wouldn't matter as long as we worked out a way everyone could meet soon after release, and perhaps some meeting before release. It would be a small thing, but I rather enjoy small things the most.

Personally I was impressed by Tindome's guild in VG, Argentum Vex, a non-guild guild. They had a storyline for why they were all able to communicate ICly but they didn't recognize their guild flag in game. Meaning, the flag was a mechanic to gather RPers (In this case, friends who met in SWG and went on to other games, much like us VRPers) but held no in game lore or even existance. Everyone was free to make whatever character they liked and storyline progressed in a natural state without any confines of what the guild stood for. Then again, I also liked my other very storyline driven, heavy background guild as well. Each has it's place, but which do I prefer? *shrug* Heck if I know :smiley: I generally just end up RPing with close friends, no matter what guild we all do or don't belong to.

If anyone has played Chrono Cross, the idea of the guild I have in mind is the Radical Dreamers. As it's not very well known, and not very well touched on in the game, I'll try to find a little more info and see if some ideas can't be sparked.

I thought the Radical Dreamers were the group with Nikki and the other performer... "Mickey"? I don't know. I could never keep their names straight, and it's been years since I played that game.

Nah, the Radical Dreamers were the group of thieves that Kid belonged to. If such a guild ever gets off the drawing board, it wouldn't likely be a group of thieves though. Not entirely, that is

...if we were all to be in a guild, it shouldn't really be a guild with a "leader" right off. Leaders develope out of characters, for one thing. It could have an accountant, but it wouldn't need a leader...

Since I'll have an accounting degree before the game's released... sold. I like the whole concept, and I really do have a preference to be the power behind the throne... or at least, holder of the purse-strings, which is largely the same thing.

Then again, I don't really want to commit to anything until I have a better idea of what character I want to play and their place in the world. Some more info about the minor factions (i.e. Soulsingers) would be neat, since some combos I'm contemplating would ONLY work with a commitment to something other than the Big Three.

I actually love, love, love Momma's idea of us forming something that doesn't have a 'leader' per se... and then combining it with the other ideas presented here as something that ties people together somehow, but they can still BE anyone.

Vahsyl in Hero's Journey will basically be the Vahsyl you know in VG and the one some of you know in DR. Mainly because I just love the personality. Now, there will be differences, of course. The whole Rakash element changes him a tad... and he'll be molded to fit the Lore of the world sure in Hero's Journey, but I honestly think he'll always be a Jack of All Trades, and fit -almost- any guild concept.

So whatever is decided, I'm down with... I just really don't want to lead anything. I know SOMEONE has to, but it always ends up being me and I am kind of tried of it. ;)

I will of course contribute to web-site stuff, like paying fees or something, but also I don't usually take a hand in actualy website building. Except writing content on it, like welcome posts, backstories, and rules.

Honestly whatever we all decide here. Remember too there's always the chance when it comes out some OTHER bunch of people who have way more members will be starting a guild, and we all decide to jump over to their's.

Whatever happens, happens. Websites are key though. Let's people keep in touch in a community. Like this one, for instance! =D

I don't join a guild for numbers. In fact, I find that I've only ever been happy in small guilds. The just feel more personal, ya know?

Anyway, yeah... It might be a good idea, but that doesn't make it a Drizzle good idea. *blink* Or, like... I mean, sounds great, but I think we'd have to come up with a reason for everyone to be in a guild, ya know?

I don't join a guild for numbers. In fact, I find that I've only ever been happy in small guilds. The just feel more personal, ya know?

It probably depends on how the game ends up structured. In many games, numbers do matter - being small locks you out of alot of content.

I think Vahsyl's comment was probably based on the last game he played, where being in too small of a guild - even if it was awesome - was a handicap.

If the game ends up very solo-friendly, then numbers won't matter as much (until the content is eaten up and the devs put in raiding time sinks to slow people down - not that I've ever seen that happen before).

Since I'll have an accounting degree before the game's released... sold. I like the whole concept, and I really do have a preference to be the power behind the throne... or at least, holder of the purse-strings, which is largely the same thing.

Then again, I don't really want to commit to anything until I have a better idea of what character I want to play and their place in the world. Some more info about the minor factions (i.e. Soulsingers) would be neat, since some combos I'm contemplating would ONLY work with a commitment to something other than the Big Three.

I wasn't talking about an accountant in the real sense, but ic sense since. I suppose I always think of the outer structure before the inner..hmm..

It probably depends on how the game ends up structured. In many games, numbers do matter - being small locks you out of alot of content.

I think Vahsyl's comment was probably based on the last game he played, where being in too small of a guild - even if it was awesome - was a handicap.

If the game ends up very solo-friendly, then numbers won't matter as much (until the content is eaten up and the devs put in raiding time sinks to slow people down - not that I've ever seen that happen before).

Jeez, I hope this isn't the case. Personally, I like a guild to have about 10-20 members. It's big enough for grouping and small enough that running RP stories are not a daunting task. Besides, going beyond those numbers typically results in cliques within the guild which is effectively guilds within guilds.

There's a link that provided this stat but I read somewhere the median number of members in a guild in WoW is...nine (median is a better statistic in this case since the research included all guilds, excluding guilds with one member). If that's true, I can't understand why devs concentrate so much of their effort on content which the majority of the players will never experience or will not be able to without great effort.

In case anyone was interested in statistics, here is the link:
http://blogs.parc.com/playon/archives/data/wow_data/guilds/index.html

Besides, going beyond those numbers typically results in cliques within the guild which is effectively guilds within guilds.

Although HJ is pretty much setup for just that. With Families and Guilds, you have the chance for structured 2 tiered interactions in a guild.