Hero's Journey Cribs

Daax

Cadet
What sort of crib do you want in the game? Describe it for us. Personally, I would like to have small treehouse with a hammock....and a monkey:P

Tree houses are a pain just play morrowind. Without spells or potions to levitate, it takes forever to get to the top. Stick with holes in the ground. I wand a nice, cozy cave.

I want a wooden two story house, with stucco exterior and nice shingled roofing. A garden outside with a wading pool.

I'll have to think more on the exact look, but something along those lines. The DAoC "house" is my ideal personal house. I'd want a mansion for my guild ;)

~ Jaraeth

Depends on my character. For Rics I want a nasty one room shack that looks like it'll fall over if you sneeze on it. Cracks and holes all in the wood. I'd like a thatched roof patched with holes so you can see the sky and it leaks when it rains. Might be nice to have a trapdoor under the bed that leads to the cellar that would, of course, house tons and tons of ale, wine, mead, lager, beer, etc.

If it's possible to have two houses, his second would be a brothel/tavern. Of course Rics would have no employees, but he will always swear on his life it's the best brothel in the lands. He'll also never let on that he owns the place.

And if you can't have two houses Rics will simply pick a public tavern and claim it is the best brothel in the lands.

For Kalyra (Healer/Something) it would be a humble but neat two-story half-timbered house (hope that's the correct term). Cliché pond and garden inclusive.

For Javewa, my bad-ass action-figure Warlock, it would have to be a wizards tower. Not so much wizard as fortress, but also a place of learning that can be percieved from far away.

Having some indication of age for the house would be nice, like the heigth of the ivy or wine on the walls. If you would want that, of course.

Originally posted by Javewa@May 18 2006, 01:50 AM
Having some indication of age for the house would be nice, like the heigth of the ivy or wine on the walls. If you would want that, of course.
I like the idea of being able to show age of a house in some fashion... broken windows? Wood siding or timbers grayed starting from the bottom with a gradient upwards to their original color? I like the "Wine" idea, though I'm sure you meant Vine :P It made my chuckle nonetheless.

~ Jaraeth

Ugh, somebody said "crib" :thinking:
Houseing isnt a big deal to me, I usually ends up a elitist thing anyway that I really dont care about. If it's a pretty equal thing I'll look into it....

I want a crypt! With skeletons and body parts scattered around. Maybe a few medieval torture devices too so I can play with my visitors.. :P

And bunnies.

One thing I would like to see is buildings that guilds, or alliances, or whatever they choose to call player-run organisations in this game can purchase as a home base. This way a guild can have a visual statement of their idiom, people who have a grievance with a guildmember can come to the seat of power to have the matter addressed, etc.

Back