Hero's Journey, Dead?

No information has been provided, one can only assume.

I looked around the area on Google Earth and Live Maps, and didn't see any construction. So I used the GIS data at work and still see no construction.

Either way, Makkah, are you insinuating that they ARE in fact going to be moving into that building? Even though they fit quite nicely in their current building after this current layoff? Also they have pretty much completely expunged any information about this move that they were promoting so much last year.

They did not move. They will not move.
Hero's Journey has been crippled by this layoff, it will not come out.
And I'm 50/50 if they're going to be able to make it past this economic time at all. If they lose Bioware or really more than one or two of their Engine licenses, they will go under.

Val chill mate. The gm's that we have here are giving you the information they know as fact not as speculation. Not only that but they are probably bound to some sort of NDA where if the game was dead/going to launch tomorrow they probably couldn't tell ya much more anyways. So they tell you what they can.

Make your assumptions/opinions as you will but they are just that, not facts.

Val chill mate. The gm's that we have here are giving you the information they know as fact not as speculation. Not only that but they are probably bound to some sort of NDA where if the game was dead/going to launch tomorrow they probably couldn't tell ya much more anyways. So they tell you what they can.

Make your assumptions/opinions as you will but they are just that, not facts.

In the absence of true facts, all one has is assumption.

*Whistles to the tunes of the NDA*

Exactly

In the absence of true facts, all one has is assumption.

And let's face it, what *else* do we have to discuss on these forums? As... blunt as Val may be, there is no one else keeping the discussion going. So long as no one's soft fragile psyches are damaged (and if they are then what the heck are they doing on the internet?) I say let the abuse/heckling/defense/assault continue.

All I know is that until the day I get an email from Steph saying "HJ is dead," I'm fine with waiting and working.
We get an email almost every month from Steph updating us about everything HJ and Simu in terms of the Hero Engine. These emails keep my interest of HJ becoming a release, a reality.
All I'm saying is HJ isn't dead yet.

All I know is that until the day I get an email from Steph saying "HJ is dead," I'm fine with waiting and working.
We get an email almost every month from Steph updating us about everything HJ and Simu in terms of the Hero Engine. These emails keep my interest of HJ becoming a release, a reality.
All I'm saying is HJ isn't dead yet.

They will never tell you that. You work for FREE, dummy.

Fine with me, allow me continued access to a free engine to keep growing my portfolio. Win/win to me.

My point is, why would they pull the plug if they can get their game even 2% of their game completed for free?

They might as well just let the system stay up and let you guys pound away on it even though there's no hope of completion. Just in case they ever do have enough money to come back to it, the game will be that much closer to finished.

They will never tell you that. You work for FREE, dummy.

Okay, I can stand you ranting and raving, but directly insulting people is just a bit too much.

You're acting like a child who's crying about something they can't have, and lashing out at the parents who won't give into those childish demands.

And HJ isn't dead yet. :P

Okay, I can stand you ranting and raving, but directly insulting people is just a bit too much.

You're acting like a child who's crying about something they can't have, and lashing out at the parents who won't give into those childish demands.

Agreed....

HJ-Onilink said:
We get an email almost every month from Steph updating us about everything HJ and Simu in terms of the Hero Engine.
Wait, you probably can't talk about it anyway, but...
...you're actively working on the Game, and Communication with Simu boils down to one Mail a Month ?!

I said "dummy". I hardly consider that an insult. If you want me to start the insult game, I'm sure I can hold my own.

It's not my fault you don't comprehend your place in the game making system, or why you may still be working while the rest of the people that actually do get paid got wasted.

I'm acting like somebody who wants information. Do I care how I come across? I've gleamed more information on this subject by what GMs here, on the officials, and GSPlayers HAVEN'T said, and the little nuggets of truth that slipped out than I would have if I hadn't been as annoying as I have been.

Who's fault is that? All I want is information, and I have a very good idea of what happened, and the future of HJ, Gemstone and Simu as a whole now. All from GMs that thought they weren't answering my questions.

MMORPG.com said:
Wow, a friend who was a GM for HJ confirmed this. He received an email from the company informing them about the layoffs. Said the game was not cancelled, but that it would be a while until they could get funding. Apparently they've had some pretty major financial issues, and haven't been selling as many licenses of the HeroEngine as they would have liked.

I particularly liked this post...

No worries, I didn't take "dummy" as an insult anyway ^_^
Considering that insults and name calling lose all value over the net....

What more information do you possibly need?! You've read that Simu is feeling the grip just like everyone else. You've read about the lay off's. Yet, you've read that HJ isn't dead yet.
HJ has been a work in progress for a LONG TIME and we're all still here waiting.
The HJ-staff has been told HJ isn't dead yet.
Taking that, if one can't be at least be a tidbit happy knowing that HJ is still alive, then maybe a new hobby would be better suited.

Glad to see the boards have been a little more active at least ^_^

If this whole thing bothers you so much, go look forward to something else. Go play something else. Just leave us, the one's trying to do what we can, alone. Simply put, HJ is not dead. The world can say "Oh woah! The game is dead because it had a setback!" but a game ain't dead until the fans are gone and the office computers have long since stopped whirring. Negativity only brings down a boat. It's too heavy to float.

So, alright..do what you like. It can be dead. You can dance on it's carcass, happily saying how you were right and we were stupid to say anything, but I wouldn't tell everyone my bed ridden grandma was dead just because she was old and I needed to help her walk. Jeesh, stuff like this is the reason I hardly come around anymore. It's no fun and that's what games are supposed to be for. People that do stuff like heckle and annoy make it all horrible when all I wanted to ever be was a gamer doing something I loved. I still enjoy writing, but there's no way I any longer enjoy the public speaking, and I used to like people. I used to like everyone here. I used to delight in reading new posts but what the heck? Maybe I'm the weak psyche, but I can't take the annoyance whenever I come here anymore. Pinny Momma out.

Back