Hero's Journey, Dead?

Dunno what to think, its by no means unlikely that the plug has finally been pulled. Sad tho since the game has/had a lot of potential, guess we'll wait and see till someone in the "know" can confirm or deny the rumors.

it's been pretty much confirmed. The on-site staff working on HJ has been laid off... the game is dead.

Still, until we hear something official, or at least a first hand account, it's just hearsay. I know "someone who is/was" or "heard/know someone" doesn't cut it for me especially where internet rumors are concerned. The anonymity of the internet tends to make people more confident of their assertions.

The game is not dead. Downsizing has occurred, but in this day and age, that is the usual.

Other than that, I have no more information. You can't consider something dead until its heart stops beating.

The game is not dead. Downsizing has occurred, but in this day and age, that is the usual.

Other than that, I have no more information. You can't consider something dead until its heart stops beating.

Temptor on the officials said it pretty good.
Temptor said:
So it wasn't a layoff. They finished up HJ, had a big party and went on to their next job. Now we can play HJ sometime in the next 6 months! Yay! That would make me so happy.

Comon, from what it sounds like there was a substantial layoff of paid employees leaving only a handful in the main office and the non-paid employees.

Unpaid GMs are not going to release any MMO. Let alone one this complex.

Just because offsite unpaid GMs are still world building (aka heartbeats), doesn't mean jack.

Hero's Journey is dead.

Just because offsite unpaid GMs are still world building (aka heartbeats), doesn't mean jack.

Hero's Journey is dead.

You are dead. Just because you're still posting here and your heart is still beating (aka heartbeats), doesn't mean jack.

You are dead.

--

One of the worst things on the internets is people who state something, seemingly from a position of authority, when they actually have absolutely no idea. One of the few things that is worse is when these people happen to be right, then claim they knew all along, when they didn't.

You could be correct - it could be completely dead. But as you don't know, posting in a manner that implies you do is just plain stupid.

Incidently, contradicting people with access to better information than you, and then stating you know better is also a rather random thing to do...

It doesn't make sense if that is true. I know the economy has gotten worse and what not but they recently built a new building and were planning to hire more people... If they were planning on doing that without any plan for the future well that's just destined to fail.

Lethe, it's not necessarily bad planning or lack of planning. Put simply **** happens.

A cousin of mine worked for a weather/news company that was in the process of starting up. She worked there for a year and a half as part of their graphic design team. Then literally two weeks before they were supposed to go on the air the funding ran out and it all folded. The two owners couldn't get enough funding for just two more weeks and so out went two years of work. They were wandering through the offices selling furniture, computers, cameras, etc- anything to bring in a few bucks- all because their financial backers lost confidence in them even though everything seemed to be going all right.

It doesn't make sense if that is true. I know the economy has gotten worse and what not but they recently built a new building and were planning to hire more people... If they were planning on doing that without any plan for the future well that's just destined to fail.

They didn't move into that building.

There are a more than a handful of employees still in the office.

Notice nobody with real knowledge on gsplayers, mmorpg or the officials have given remotely the vaguest hint of real information.

When you can't get real information, the only thing you HAVE is assumptions.

The only reason to not give real information is if the reality is more dire than the assumptions & rumors.

Lethe, it's not necessarily bad planning or lack of planning. Put simply **** happens.

A cousin of mine worked for a weather/news company that was in the process of starting up. She worked there for a year and a half as part of their graphic design team. Then literally two weeks before they were supposed to go on the air the funding ran out and it all folded. The two owners couldn't get enough funding for just two more weeks and so out went two years of work. They were wandering through the offices selling furniture, computers, cameras, etc- anything to bring in a few bucks- all because their financial backers lost confidence in them even though everything seemed to be going all right.

As far as I know Simutronics didn't have any particular investors for HJ. If they were relying on projected income for hero's journey than that's poor planning.

They didn't move into that building.

I didn't say they did, only said they built it.

As far as I know Simutronics didn't have any particular investors for HJ.

I didn't mean there were exact parallels- just citing a real world example of a business that seemed to be going well that suddenly was slammed up against the wall.

Simu didn't, and I think the company that was working on it still hasn't finished it.

The building is finished, Simu has decided not to move in.

Just because you don't tell us anything, doesn't mean we're morons.

You guys have a website dedicated to the building and are very excited about getting out of your 7500 sq ft tomb and into a real office building. Then one day the website is gone. The building is very easily done by now (it was being worked on and was almost done LAST winter).

Simu didn't have the money to move. (Nor does it have the staff to fill it up in any case).

Back