Hero's Journey on WarCry Opens With Exclusive Interview

Wow...

It might be nothing new to people who have been here awhile, but think of it this way: It's not like they announced they gave UP and changed something you originally liked, due to wanting to be more "mainstream."

That's a GOOD sign.

Wait... wait...

*grabs Nevarre and shakes him excitedly*

FlexCircles? You mean like, non direct "smash bash get exp smash bash exp repeat till you pass out and get a level" levels? Like -circle- circles? The same circle system that means I can switch to using a poorly leveled weapon and fight rats along with my friends without killing their learning? *twitches*

All in all that interview made me squee with happiness. Sounds like a Simu game baby! :D :D

No.. Meaning: I just made up a BS answer because of one or more or less of the following A) I don't know the answer B) I am NDA bound not to give you the real definition C) I adore surrealism and chaos and intentionally confusing those around me for kicks and grins.

:-oo

My net nannie at work is thwarting my attempts to read it.

Are the sections that have been quoted by various posters pretty much all it said?

I will try to pull that interview LOCAL asap, Nil, for your reading enjoyment!
Net Nanny cowers in the face of Hero's Hall mightyness!

Mainstream is a click fest mindless grind with no real VALUE, little creativity, ... no real substance, basically. That's what I meant. :P

If you want to REDEFINE mainstream, however, that's ok and something I want too. :smiley:

Divi wants to be a click fest mindless grind with no real value? Don't they have other words for that...?

*ducks*

Divi wants to be a click fest mindless grind with no real value? Don't they have other words for that...?

*ducks*

Hehe... >.>

Anyway, I just meant it would be bad if you heard Stephanie say "We took out the Flexlevel system, and Wyr is now gone... we wanted to 'appeal to more players' out there, and 'be more mainstream.'"

That's what I meant. ;)

*hugs Divi*

^_^

I think the inventiveness of wyr, flexlevels, and such is going to be very popular. Who knows, maybe that sort of thing -will- become mainstream

*hugs Divi*

^_^

I think the inventiveness of wyr, flexlevels, and such is going to be very popular. Who knows, maybe that sort of thing -will- become mainstream

It already should be mainsteam, that's very true.

Hopefully it does... but I've become so jaded, I will never hold my breath about that. :smiley:

This article is now part of the Hero's Hall Library and can be retrieved locally. Carry on.

Whoo! Thanks, Navarre!

Interview said:
I'd mention the dynamic sky and weather, but they're taken for granted in MMOs.

Ha! I guess Sigil didn't get the message.

Interview said:
Healers. I think Healers are one of our more important "original" classes, not because no one's done them in other games, but because this breed of Healers was inspired by the Empaths of DragonRealms and GemStone IV. They don't transfer wounds like in those games, but they are a class very dependent on other players. I want to emphasize that we take solo play very seriously, but I want to also emphasize that we know the value of a class that allows you to not have to go into combat to level. It's a nice break from the norm. Personally, one of my favorite modes of play.

Okay, I'm good with this.

No.. Meaning: I just made up a BS answer because of one or more or less of the following A) I don't know the answer B) I am NDA bound not to give you the real definition C) I adore surrealism and chaos and intentionally confusing those around me for kicks and grins.

:-oo

... Bastard.

*shakes fist at NDA*

Seriously, though, some of the clothing sets will need to be acquired outside of character creation. Crafting, treasure, merchants. Yeeha.

...Crafting? Awesome. I mean, I know it's not a real "Hey, there's crafting!", but still. I mean, it's basically saying that you can make new items in-game, which is different than the "You can't manufacture items, but you can take pre-existing items and make 'em better! Now that's crafting! ...Right?"-felgercarb they'd said before.

That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be the mainstream kind of crafting.

Although I don't really know what there is in store for crafting though. So maybe I'm just trying to tease you now. :P

...Crafting? Awesome. I mean, I know it's not a real "Hey, there's crafting!", but still. I mean, it's basically saying that you can make new items in-game, which is different than the "You can't manufacture items, but you can take pre-existing items and make 'em better! Now that's crafting! ...Right?"-felgercarb they'd said before.

I know its a tendancy to look at game features like the notion of 'Crafting' and expect the usuall based on previous experiences but I haven't seen anything in HJ that looks like it will be business as usuall.

Whatever kind of 'Crafting' they do offer its more than likely for sure you won't be sitting at your keyboard repetitiously clicking icons for hours on end.

Back