Hero's Journey on WarCry Opens With Exclusive Interview

Cirakin

Cadet
Stephanie Shaver, the Lead Designer for Hero's Journey, drops by to help debut this new home for Hero's Journey on the WarCry Network. In this exclusive interview, the first in quite some time for Simutronics, we learn about what's going on with the game - not the engine - and how things have evolved in recent months.

Read The Article Here!

[Admin - Changed the link to a local copy of the article. FYI: All of our articles at Hero's Hall have a link to, and give credit to, the original source!]

hehe.. HJ's "dark period".

*Falls in love with Dana*

GM's "controversial"? When? Where? How?? 'Sup with dat?? I love GM's. Oh wait ... <3GeeZ3ms!!!

"physics server"?? That's new. Can I hear about that?

Empath sounds VERY interesting. Crafting. She mentioned Crafting?? But, but...

"...we aren't vaporware." YAY!!

The Quest system isn't up yet??

What are "Flex Levels"??

"...weapons that aren't linked to your level..." YAY!!!

"NPCs that will live, die, and change sides." I've never seen a dead NPC. Well... of natural causes anyways. *hides stiletto*

"A game that doesn't force you to grind just to keep up with your friends." Love that one.

After reading that, it seems like I'm seeing something big that has been idle for a while finally start to roll forward. I can't wait to hear more...hopefully very soon!

Now that I have the News Update on the Front Page of HH and have actually taken time to 'read' the interview... Great read!!

Hero's Journey:
Branching quests. Evolving game experiences. FlexLevels. Wyr. Clothing, armor, and weapons that aren't linked to your level. Control over your character's appearance. Non-static storylines. Major NPCs that will live, die, and change sides. A game that doesn't force you to grind just to keep up with your friends. I think it's safe to say we're the next step in MMO gameplay, and I couldn't be happier to be working to bring that to fruition.

I like to call them FlexCircles, myself. But, to answer your question, they are a character's relative position or rank on a scale which is susceptible to modification or adaptation. :D

Good to see an interview after a while! It seems like things're going faster and more news in 2007, than what there was in 2006.

Wait... wait...

*grabs Nevarre and shakes him excitedly*

FlexCircles? You mean like, non direct "smash bash get exp smash bash exp repeat till you pass out and get a level" levels? Like -circle- circles? The same circle system that means I can switch to using a poorly leveled weapon and fight rats along with my friends without killing their learning? *twitches*

All in all that interview made me squee with happiness. Sounds like a Simu game baby! :D :D

I think many hopes have been reconfirmed with this. I know mine have :smiley:

This is the game I've been looking for, and I don't think Simu will let us down

I wonder how many new interviews they can do without actually telling us anything new.

I think Flex Levels might be what they talked about before to let you still play with your friends if they're several levels above you.

My net nannie at work is thwarting my attempts to read it.

Are the sections that have been quoted by various posters pretty much all it said?

<reads> <drools> <craves more>

The pics used are nothing new... much of info isn't new.... but there are those tidbits. Those tidbits that are like a nice juicy steak hanging just out of reach from the pack of starving wolves. Those... make me drool with anticipation. Mayhaps, my curiosity is once again piqued.

Back