Hero's Journey Release Information!

F

frostydf2

A lot of you just visited this thread thinking 'OH MY GOD ITS HERE!', but I'm sorry. It isn't, yet.

Beta plans on starting later on in 2006, and with release in mid-2007.

Discuss :smiley:

Well, later 2006 is pretty vague unfortunately...

Start 2007 is a little later than I hoped for as well.

On the bright side, I guess the game will be that much more "playable"

chris

Originally posted by Gron@May 11 2006, 04:39 AM
Well, later 2006 is pretty vague unfortunately...

Start 2007 is a little later than I hoped for as well.

On the bright side, I guess the game will be that much more "playable"

chris
Way to look on the bright side of things :smiley: I know I can't!

*goes off to cry again... then reads up some more DR info on Empaths!*

I resubbed with a new account last night. Thought I may as well waste the time doing something a lot more interesting than grinding mobs in any of the current MMOs.

Anyone else playing DR while we wait?

well for my wait for beta.. which later 2006 doesnt sound bad right now its in the middle almost later 2006 i guess lol.. well im just playing diablo 2 idk why and im playing guild wars.. not a lot but im playin it.. and im playing with girls lol :lol: :D

My bet is they have figured they have more time since Vanguard changed party wagons from Microscrew to Sony On-U Entertainment...

I mean with a price increase to $25.00 monthly, Vanguard will have to be almost twice as good at launch in quality for it to make the same monies with the Microdeal at $15. monthly. Personally, it shows how bad Vanguard must be to have to pay $25 a month to play it and 4 other games as well to keep your interest up...

This should buy HJ more time, see we are all screwed again by Microscrew...

We are thinking of doing DR this summer. We'll probably do EQ's Progressive server next month. Quite the beta we were in since it's well... hahahahaha. Will do Zelda IF it ever makes it this year. Will most definitely do NWN2 this autumn. Might test Dragon Runners beta if we get in. Half the family is still doing Kingdom Hearts 2 (me, I'm a Bard's Tale lady).

The new release info was really a poke in the eye... :(

But I guess I have to live with the facts, and I really want this game to be as "finished" as possible on release. But wait another year will be a crapper...

_____
((After visiting this forums trizillion times, it was time for my first post, yay!))

We can get through this together, picture this.

Freshly bought Hero's Journey Box, your reading and re-reading everything on the box on your way back from the store. You open the box up...FRESH NEW GAME SMELL!...Put it in your comp, install it.

CHARACTER CREATION!!! you spend several hourse finding the right look for your character, but it is well worth it. You tweak every little detail you can to make the character YOUR character. THAN, you have to decide on the class/class combo. After all that. ITS GAME TIME!!

T-R-U-S-T me it will be WELL( x infiniti) worth it.

It will be worth it I agree, but this is like Christmas Eve... Except from what I hear for the next 365 days over, and over, and over again. Does anyone else feel the same way I feel?

Not too surprised really. They have been training gms left and right so you can't expect them to have all their content finished for a bit. It's good to know most of the races are in the game and good to know they have finalized their classes somewhat.

Mid-2007 isn't too far away and I think if they go for a summer release they will do well. Better than trying to compete with WoW this fall, but who knows as Vanguard will possibly show up around the same time next year. However, that game seems to be shooting for a niche market of "hardcore" gamers so we will see.

I think Vanguard shot themselves in the foot with the SOE deal. A lot of people are pissed. I don't really care, but it is funny to read the MMORPG boards about it. Tons of ranting, flaming, and trolling. I get a kick out of it...haha

*goes off to cry again... then reads up some more DR info on Empaths!*

I resubbed with a new account last night. Thought I may as well waste the time doing something a lot more interesting than grinding mobs in any of the current MMOs.

Anyone else playing DR while we wait?

---------------------------------------------

I've an active player of Gemstone. I've played for 9 years, be glad to help anyone who wants to pass the time waiting for Hero's Journey.

Give it a try, i think you'll be addicted.

Hi all!

A DragonRealms very-very-very-old-timer here, waiting anxiously for a report back from an E3 attendee today, and looking forward to seeing what delights Simu is offering up with Hero's Journey!

If HJ captures even a tiny fraction of the spirit of DragonRealms, Simu will have a huge success on their hands. Looking at the plans for clan-vs-clan PVP, AND the promise of regular GM events, AND more of Simu's famous paid quests, AND a renewed commitment to roleplaying, for those of us who enjoy it... well goodness gracious me, I'm starting to remember the exhilaration, and feeling like I might have to sign up to be a player again. 😁

Good luck to everyone working on this grand new product. I'm looking forward to seeing that old DR magic in sparkling Technicolour!

A lot of people from GS, and DR are joining up on these forums. Hopefully we can keep up the pace. However, I do have to say that you guys are making it tough on me trying to read everybodys threads, replies, and keeping the site updated! However, I do try :smiley:

I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong. That Gemstone 3 is based in the world of Elanthia, and Hero's Journey is the aftermath.

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 12 2006, 11:44 PM
I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong. That Gemstone 3 is based in the world of Elanthia, and Hero's Journey is the aftermath.
I recall reading that while HJ will be in the Elanthia world, its use is more a tribute to past games than a continuation of the world and its lore.

HJ should be a totally new experience.

Back