Hi all

Wow this looks like a great site. I love the fact that there seems to be alot of discussions about the ideas of science fiction. My favorite type of sci fi is just that, idea or speculative, like Contact, Childhoods End, etc. I'm not a big fan of fantasy though I can certainly understand why some folks love it. Just not my cup of tea.

Anywho, I also write short short sci fi stories, some offbeat poetry, and a few other things. Here's my site: www.kenjeavus.com It's relatively new and I hope to add more as I go.

Ken, welcome!

All types of fans are welcome here so feel free to talk about your favorite speculative books/movies/tv/art that interest you.

Speaking of Contact... what is your take on the ending?

Ken, welcome!

All types of fans are welcome here so feel free to talk about your favorite speculative books/movies/tv/art that interest you.

Speaking of Contact... what is your take on the ending?
I remember the first time I read it...I was blown away, literally the hairs were tingling. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was also then that my already great admiration of Sagan doubled. I mean this guy was no novelist and yet he wrote what IMO is perfect sci fi...so honest and so informed as to make you believe you're not reading fiction but the actual truth. (Incidently, I got the same feeling in an entirely different context when I read Illusions of a Reluctant Messiah).

Back