Hidden Tracks

m<o>j

Cadet
So, what CDs do you know with hidden tracks? I just got Art Brut's album, 'Bang Bang Rock & Roll' and was delighted to find out there was a hidden track...anyone else?

Jai

"Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" by Sarah McLachlan ... After "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" there's a second version of "Possesion"

"Spirit" by Jewel ... After ""Absence of Fear" comes "Little Bird" (Jewel sings it with her mother!!)

"O" by Damien Rice ... After "Eskimo" you have "Prague" and "Silent Night"

ehm....you dont know this artist cuz she is Swedish..well her name is Helen Sjöholm...she has a record called "Visor" ( "Songs, ballads") and before the first song there´s a hidden track called "Kåta Maja" ("Hot Maja") it is sooo funny :lol:

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Jun 9 2005, 05:51 AM']"Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" by Sarah McLachlan ... After "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" there's a second version of "Possesion"

"Spirit" by Jewel ... After ""Absence of Fear" comes "Little Bird" (Jewel sings it with her mother!!)

"O" by Damien Rice ... After "Eskimo" you have "Prague" and "Silent Night"
[post="1373589"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
Yup..the sarah Mclachlan and the damien rice ones are among the greatest...

Coldplay:
Parachutes- Hidden track at the end...can't remember what its called
X and Y- Hidden track called Till Kingdom Come...really sweet

Coincidentally, I'm listening to one right now. I'm listening to Everclear's So Much For the Afterglow CD which has a hidden track called 'Hating You For Christmas.'

other ones I have and/or know about:

Can't Take My Eyes Off You/Tell Him-The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Horse-Live's Throwing Copper CD
Train In Vain (Stand By Me)-The Clash's London Calling CD
the aforementioned Life Is For Living from Coldplay's Parachutes
the extended intro to Once-Pearl Jam's Ten CD
remix of Clint Eastwood-Gorillaz's self-titled CD
12 Gracious Melodies-Stone Temple Pilots' Purple CD
Dave Matthews Band's Before These Crowded Streets CD (I don't know the name of the hidden track)
October-U2's best of CD (1980-1990)
Hummus (instrumental)-Pearl Jam's Yield CD

There's a hidden track on London Calling? But Train in Vain's listed...is it another version? *wishes she had CD player nearby*.
..yuh, to be honest, I posted this cause I wanted to find out which of my CD's had 'em withought doing the leg work :D :D :D

garnergarnish said:
Coldplay:
X and Y- Hidden track called Till Kingdom Come...really sweet
[post="1373840"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Just picked it up...I wasn't expecting one since A Rush of Blood didn't have one, but it's a great surprise.Hmm...considering the split between the songs on the CD, is it an X or a Y?

m<o>j said:
There's a hidden track on London Calling? But Train in Vain's listed...is it another version? *wishes she had CD player nearby*.
..yuh, to be  honest, I posted this cause I wanted to find out which of my CD's had 'em withought doing the leg work :D :D :D
[post="1374107"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I just checked on allmusic.com and it was originally hidden when it came out because the band thought it had too much of a commercial/top 40 sound to it. Then again, the title track (IMO) has a catchy/top 40 feel to it (in a good way).

I absolutely love Prague. When I discovered that that was on there (at least three months after I got the cd :laughbounce:smiley:, I was just blown away. Damien Rice is teh kickarse. Possession is a great song after Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, however I love Fumbling Towards Ecstasy a lot more than Possession, so it annoys me that I can't repeat it. Another hidden track is a song on Dido's White Flag album. It's after See the Sun. Don't remember what it's called however.

AgentDesertRose said:
Another hidden track is a song on Dido's White Flag album. It's after See the Sun. Don't remember what it's called however.
[post="1374344"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Take My Hand off of her 'No Angel' CD is listed as a 'bonus track.' There are a couple of songs on The Cure's 1989 'Disintegration' CD that identify tracks 5 & 11 as 'bonus tracks' which are Last Dance and Homesick, respectively.

On Coheed & Cambria's Songs of Silent Earth: 3 cd, there's a hidden 23rd track (i don't remember the name)
On Eden's Crush's Popstars CD, there's a 13th track called Promise Me
On Good Charlotte's self-titled cd, there's an extension of the 14th track (Change) called Thank You Mom
On AFI's Sing the Sorrow cd, there's an extension of the 12th track (...But Home Is Nowhere) that's a poem and a song (i can't remember the title right off the top of my head)

Back