His Dark Materials

Azhria Lilu

Captain
I love the HDM series: The Golden Compas | The Subtle Knife | The Amber Spyglass

(if I remember correctly the names are those... but I could be wrong)

The names are right!

I remember looooooooving these books, I havnt read them in a while so i dont remember much. I do remember that the end was so sad :( Lyra and... what was his name? got split up and her daemon was all different and it was very depressing :(

I have read those books so many times. I love them. I did my school book report on the Golden Compass. I was supposed to do one on a book I havn't read before but The teacher doesn't have to know that.

SiriCerasi said:
oh yeah, thats right.

I personally think that all good books have sad endings, but thats just my pessimistic view on life ^_^
not all the books you like have sad endings!!!...ok and even if they do...they reedem themselves. and anyway...its so cliché to have a totally happy ending(its not that great to have everyone die either...)

marshalllovr4eva said:
SiriCerasi said:
oh yeah, thats right.

I personally think that all good books have sad endings, but thats just my pessimistic view on life ^_^
not all the books you like have sad endings!!!...ok and even if they do...they reedem themselves. and anyway...its so cliché to have a totally happy ending(its not that great to have everyone die either...)
well... most of them ^_^

My sister has these books, and she let me read them. They were good. The way that Lyra and Will couldn't be with each other was sad, though. :(

You live near Phillip Pullman, Rambaldi_Follower? Oh, I'm jealous! I have long been obsessed with "His Dark Materials", and have read them too many times to count! When I went to Bristol and London last April I was SO going to pick up a copy of "The Northern Lights" just so I could have an English copy (I have my good ol' American version "The Golden Compass"), but I didn't. (>.<) I wonder why they changed the name?

But yeah, I can't wait for the movie to come out! I really hope they remain faithful to the story line! It will be really interesting to see who they cast...

I can't wait for the movie. It should be pretty cool. I'm not sure whhy they changed the name but they changd the HP1 name too. (From Philosephers Stone to Sorcerers Srone.)

marshalllovr4eva said:
omg i loooooved those!!!!! they are absolutely brilliant...
i really liked the sally lockhart books too
I loved his Sally Lockhart books too?!?! Theey were amazing although the new one, The Tin Princess -I thought that was really bad..I loved The Tiger in the Well though...That was an amazing book!!!

Rambaldi_Follower said:
I love those books. Phillip Pullman lives near me! :smiley: I have a sighned 1st book. They call it Northern Lights over here but I don't know whats it's called in the US.
Yeah, there was a mixup because it was going to be called the Golden Compass, but then Philip Pullman changed it to Northern Lights, but the American publishers didn't get the memo or something :D

Anyways, Philip Pullman gave a speech that I went too once... but it was before I got into the books :(

Yeah, and we had this option before we heard him to order an autographed copy of the Amber Spyglass, but I didn't know who he was and was basically really stupid! :(

Back