His Dark Materials

awww, I'm sorry Charlie....hehe, 'sorry charlie' hooo, I crack myself up :P :rolleyes: jk. I've never read these books but I'd heard about them and now I'll definately have to check them out since you all seem to like them so much....what are they about?

I know :D They're making Ella Enchanted too :confused: Never read that :lol:

Aww that sucks Charlie! One of the authors I really like, T A Barron, was a friend of some family at my school so he came and spoke! I was dying :lol: Got a signed copy of one of his books :cool:

I hope they make it into a good movie :hmm:

Charlie said:
Yeah, and we had this option before we heard him to order an autographed copy of the Amber Spyglass, but I didn't know who he was and was basically really stupid! :(
I've got an autographed copy of Northern Lights. He comes and speaks at my local bookstores quite often so I'm hoping to get a signed copy of the others. :D

Anyway His Dark Materials came 3RD in a poll to find out Britians Best Loved Book. It was voted for bythe public and the top five goes as follows

5. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
4. The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy
3. His Dark Materials
2. Pride and Predujice
1. lord of The Rings

That means that His Dark Materials is now officially Britains 3rd Best loved Book.

I was so sad that Will and Lyra had to be separated at the end, but I could see that coming. I was surprised that she couldn't read the alethiometer anymore. That made me even sadder!

I know and when they were going to sit in the same spot just in different worlds... :depressed: Made me cry -_-

The daemons also made me cry... when they didn't really come back... :(

I should reread these I havn't read them in ages

I've got an autographed copy of Northern Lights. He comes and speaks at my local bookstores quite often so I'm hoping to get a signed copy of the others. 
Lucky Duck!!! Wish I could meet favourite authors. Bah I live in such a boring area.

Anyway His Dark Materials came 3RD in a poll to find out Britians Best Loved Book. It was voted for bythe public and the top five goes as follows
Yep it was called The Big Read.

I know and when they were going to sit in the same spot just in different worlds...  Made me cry
I know!!!! That bit was soo effective!! I really liked that bit..

My english teacher told us about these plays they did of His Dark Materials. They split the trilogy in half, and acted out the first book, and half of the second. She went to see that one and she told about hoe they acted the daemons. If I remember correctly what they did was cardboard cuttings of the animal, and these slim young people dressed in black as their limb movers. Apparently it was really afective coz after a while you didn't notice them. I would love to see the play...sounded really good.

Gosh, I love them so much! Northern Lights is my favourite, I think but I'm not sure. After I read Northern Lights and The Subtle Knife, I got my mum to get me the box set for Christmas 2 years ago, but I can't finish The Amber Spyglass, because there is the bit where the lady is in in the field with the animals that have pods for feet, and I keep re-reading, never getting far past it 'cause I love it so much! I even managed to convince my mum into reading it, and she loved it!

Yeah, I agree Alias Anna; sometimes you can just see that a book would make an hectic film, but then they ruin it :( .... These could be so good though...I hope they will be!

Jai

I don't think they could make it like Ella Enchanted... I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but it's a kids book so I'm guessing it's not too deep... His Dark Materials has a whole level of deeper meaning, I'm hoping they just couldn't do away with that in a movie

I'm scared to read 'The Amber Spyglass' right to the end. I really am. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm stuck on this bit, and I keep re-reading and re-reading, and it's so good that I can't bear to finish it, incase it ruin it (I get like that with good books.)

Jai

eeeeeeeeek must not read this thread - i am only on the second book. but the first book was called the nothern lights in the UK. :confused:

Back