History of Jack and Sloane

Hmm..Sloane Ranger good point about when the Alliance started. So, perhaps, Sloane still felt that Jack was disillusioned with the CIA and disillusioned with alot of things in general. He was pretty messed up for awhile after his imprisonment. So, when Sloane joined the Alliance, he probably thought that Jack would have no problem joining, I don't know. #3 seems the most likely. Jack has said that when he broke into Langely archives to find out about Irina investigation that was the first time he broke CIA's trust. I don't think that the CIA would have welcomed him back so easily if he had left them at first to join the Alliance. He seemed to be a pretty high ranking officer and respected at the CIA.

I agree the most with #3. I don't think that Jack was ever a complete bad guy. I just don't see that in him. I agree that Jack's attitude toward Sloane did change after Breaking Point. Maybe Jack actually started to believe that Sloane had reformed? It would be interesting to see what Jack really thought about Sloane's reformation now since they're in that "pact". I guess another question would be: Would Jack make a pact with Sloane, knowing that Sloane was going to do bad things or does he think that Sloane's intentions are completely honorable? Would Jack make a deal with the devil in order to try and protect Syd? Does he trust Arvin Sloane? Okay, so that's more than one question.

#3, I agree, is the most likely. I think Jack would have done the whisk-the-Sloanes-away-to-safety-before-the-raid idea before Sloane's recruitment of Sydney. Once Sloane recruited Sydney, I think Jack changed his intentions and he decided not to help Arvin ever. But I wonder if he would have helped Emily?! Now there is a question, considering that he knew Emily had become the mother Sydney never had (well, after the age of six, she only had a haze of clouded memories.)

I do not think Arvin and Jack trust each other. Trust is just not the right word. They will work together, make pacts, etc. But these men aren't capable of trusting anyone. Not completely. I suppose they trust each other enough to work together but never let their guards slip because they know that the other has his own agenda.

Back