History/Social Science Help

anyone want to explain to me AJ Ayer's, Roderick Chisholm's, Robert Holbach's, or Robert Kane's views on whether there is room for freedom of choice in a world dominated by causality?

<it's for philosophy>

An easy one for you guys. Help me find Psychology / Anthropology/ Sociology related articles in the last... 6 month.
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
An easy one for you guys. Help me find Psychology / Anthropology/ Sociology related articles in the last... 6 month.
[post="1085135"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Are you in university or college? If so, you should try the school library site. Usually, there'll be links to different databases where you can search for articles. Then, paste the article info into the library catalogue and see if it's available online.

Or, try the library site of your local library system. There's usually links to article databases too. Some may even post them online.

Webmistress Eh? said:
Are you in university or college? If so, you should try the school library site. Usually, there'll be links to different databases where you can search for articles. Then, paste the article info into the library catalogue and see if it's available online.

Or, try the library site of your local library system. There's usually links to article databases too. Some may even post them online.
[post="1085478"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
no i'm in high school. -_- I wish i was in University or College. :thud:

mystery_chick said:
Here's are a couple of sites:

Full Text Electronic Journals in Sociology

SocioSite

SocioSite Journal listings

I haven't looked around too much yet, so I hope it can be of some help. These look like you'll have to dig around a little to see what is available, but it's a start. Some of them allow you to see the full text. I have some other Sociology journal links, but I'll have to check them out first to see if you can actually access articles. Good luck!

mystery_chick said:

Does your school subscribe to Proquest or PSYCinfo or another journal-search-compilation type site? If not, try going to a public library and asking the help desk where the periodicals are, specifically psych/anthro/socio journals.

hi, I don't know where to post this but....I need to take a pic of something that represents how parents can effect teens in time...I kinda need it by tomorrow, so if you can reply asap. thanks

If anyone is taking american history...i can probably help you-i take A.P U.S History which is a college level class-i've learned a lot so let me know if you need help with anything

Anyone know enough about King John to help me formulate a thesis.
I can't decide if I should include a reference about his popularity continuing through Robin Hood.
I was thinking of maybe putting that in the conclusion, as my last line.

allaliasallthetime said:
If anyone is taking american history...i can probably help you-i take A.P U.S History which is a college level class-i've learned a lot so let me know if you need help with anything
[post="1112788"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hmm I'm taking AP US history too, any studying tips? Our teacher doesn't give review sheets. So basically all the studying I do is reading the chapter as much as I can. It's not too effective. My highest multiple choice grade was a C, and my highest essay grade was a B!! Hehe any tips would be nice... :D I'm so not ready!

Have you tried studying by grouping the readings into categories? Usually when I study history (which is all the time) I make notes on the readings by category.
ie: Anything it says about Martn Luther would be grouped together for easier studying.

sd6452 said:
Hmm I'm taking AP US history too, any studying tips?  Our teacher doesn't give review sheets.  So basically all the studying I do is reading the chapter as much as I can.  It's not too effective.  My highest multiple choice grade was a C, and my highest essay grade was a B!!  Hehe any tips would be nice... :D  I'm so not ready!
[post="1196045"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i took that class last year, and the biggest thing, at least for essays, is to try and recognize major trends in the unit. then try and find specific terms that relate to those trends. try and anticipate the questions. most essays deal with major trends. you could also get one of those AP review books which have sample multiple choice and essay questions as well as a list of important terms.

Back