Hit the Road

amy lynn

The Polish Pirate
Title: Hit the Road
Author: Amy
Disclaimer: Don’t own them…
Authors Note: So, I’ve caved…I’ve let my Maroon 5 and Sarkney obsession combine once more…for a sequel to This Love (If you haven't read it yet, it is helpful to do so...just click on the link!)

This one has two parts…because I couldn’t choose between the songs, so I put part of one song in as an “intro” of sorts, and then used the other song for the second part of it…

Anyway…enjoy…and who knows, there may be a third one ;)

Part 1

I'm full of regret
For all things that I've done and said
And I don't know if it'll ever be ok to show
My face 'round here
Sometimes I wonder if I disappear
Would you ever turn your head and look
See if I'm gone

Maroon 5 – “Tangled”

Sark was up late again that night. It seemed to be his pattern ever since that last night with Sydney. During the late hours his mind would wander, always to the same place. He would think of Sydney. Beautiful, yet cold hearted, Sydney. He would get alternately angry and sad. He was angry at her for leaving, for not having faith in them. He was sad that he had not had enough faith in her. And then he was angry at her for making him this way.

Of course, it was laughable for him to be calling anyone cold-hearted. It had been he who made the big speech that night. He had been dead wrong that she still had feelings for Vaughn. It even seemed as though she had had feelings for him. Of course, his anger that night had pushed her away, and this time it seemed for good.

He could still smell her scent upon his pillow. Stop being such a bloody, sentimental fool! His mind screamed out at him. She was nothing more than a good f***. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who was he kidding? He didn’t believe that for one second. She was so much more than that. She was everything he could ever want in a partner: in love and in life. Together, they would be unstoppable.

Regrets were a hard thing to live with. He would alternately regret his actions of that night, and then accept them as the only solution to their “relationship”. Mostly, though, it was regret. Regret for so many things. But mostly for not accepting their relationship. He had accused her of not accepting what they had together, but he had never stopped think that maybe he was the one who couldn’t accept it. It had been him who ended things. It had been him who gave her the ultimatum. She had done the leaving, physically, but he left her emotionally that night first. Had he been right? Or had he been wrong?

He may never know.

The days at work following their last night together had been the worst. Her stares were colder than ever. At least, the one time he had caught her looking at him the entire week, he was subjected to the coldest look a woman could give. It was like he didn’t even exist in her world. When direct conversation would normally have been necessary, she chose to ignore him. He was invisible to her.

Of course, he was the only one who noticed the slight shift in her attitude. Everybody else at SD-6 hated him anyway. He was, to them, the enemy. Of course, they had no idea that they didn’t work for the CIA, but that was beside the point.

He often wondered, during the course of the day, how she could be so unfeeling. How she could be near him, sitting next to each other in the briefing room, almost touching, and yet not feel the electricity. The passion that they had shared was so intense, that whenever she was near he felt a current run through his body.

How could she be so cold?

He wanted to make her feel. It was such a reversal of roles. That first night she had come to him, wanting to make him feel. And now, he was the one who was left wanting to make her feel instead.

It would be funny, if it weren’t so incredibly ironic.

Damn her. He hated her. He loved her. He wanted to make her pay for it all.

He had to find a way to be alone with her. That was his only chance to get through to her, make her feel something for him again, even if it was hatred. He would almost rather her hatred than her coldness.

He had the perfect plan in place. Not only did it serve his business purposes, it gave him a chance to be alone with Sydney. The plan concerned a man named Gerard Cuvee. And a little program called Echelon.

Part 2

Watch the sunrise
Say your goodbyes
off we go

They were speeding away from the scene of wreckage they had just caused in the middle of the Paris road. It was amazing, really, how well they had worked together. Not many words had been necessary. Sark was driving, concentrating on the road. Sydney rested her forehead on the passenger side window. She knew what it was she had to do. Erase the Echelon files from Cuvee’s computer on the flight back to Los Angeles, give the f***ed up computer to Sloane, then report to the CIA that she once again had saved their butts. Then she would go home to Francie’s incessant questions…or her annoyingly frequent pleas for Sydney to quit her job.

She was also thinking about how uncomfortable she was feeling. She had to get out of Sark’s presence. His nearness was wearing down her defenses. Her insides felt like they were crawling to get out from under her skin. Every time his fierce blue eyes looked her way, she felt like she was melting from the heat they radiated. She could constantly feel the electricity spark in the air between them, the currents caused by his nearness running through her body.

Sydney knew she couldn’t keep avoiding him forever. He had attempted to engage her in conversation during the mission, and she was tempted to give in, but the practicality of finishing the job had given her an excuse to remain distant. But now she had no excuse to keep her feelings under the cold façade she hoped she exuded.

“Do you really want to go to the airport?”

Sydney jumped up in her seat. His words startled her. She snuck a quick look at Sark. His face remained focused on the road. He showed no emotions, there was no visible sign that he had actually spoken those words. Maybe she had just imagined them. She looked away, out the passenger window again.

“Do you really want to go to the airport?”

There they were again. She hadn’t imagined the words. She thought for a minute. No Sark, I don’t want to go to the airport. I want to disappear into the sunset, never to return. I want to leave SD-6, the CIA, and run off with you, away from the madness. But she couldn’t tell this to him…could she?

She went with a safer answer. “Not really. But life is never about what we want.”

Silence.

Some conversation
No contemplation
Hit the road

“You know, Sydney, I can get you what you want.” There was a suggestive tone to his voice that caused Sydney to snap in anger.

“Sark, I wasn’t talking about f***ing you.”

“Neither was I, but now that you bring it up…” He was smirking at her now, it was insufferable, really.

S***. Either he’s baiting me, or he really hadn’t been talking about f***ing either. “Forget I mentioned it.”

“That’s the thing, Sydney. I can’t. And deep down, I know you can’t either.” There was an element of truth in his voice. She couldn’t deny that.

He was right. Damn him. She hated him. She loved him. It was an intense mixture of both, and it was scary.

She didn’t say anything for a while. She couldn’t bring herself to say what she wanted to, and she couldn’t lie.

Sark purposely misinterpreted her lengthy silence, trying to get a rise out of her. “Maybe you can forget it. You’ve done a wonderful job being cold and unfeeling towards me the past week.”

Sydney sighed. She couldn’t let him think that. The love won out over the hate this time.

“I can’t forget it either.” She spoke so softly, he could barely hear her, but he did.

“What are we going to do?” He asked, just as quietly. This was new for him. He didn’t usually give second chances, but this was Sydney. He didn’t think he could turn away from her.

Car overheats
Jump out of my seat
On the side of the highway baby

He pulled the car over to the side of the road. After he put it in park, he unbuckled his seat belt and turned to the side, until he was facing Sydney.

“I’m not going to pretend that I wasn’t mad at you, because I was. I still am. Even with all you claimed to feel for me, you left me.” He accused her, a little unfairly since they were both to blame for their last failed attempt at a “relationship”.

She wasn’t going to lie to herself. He was right.

She started to cry. She cursed silently to herself. She shouldn’t be crying in front of him again. She had cried that night and was embarrassed that he witnessed it. And now, she was crying again. She couldn’t stop the tears. They ran down her cheeks, flowing from an endless source in her eyes. She turned her head away from him, so that he couldn’t see her. Damn him for making her cry. She wanted to hurt him for that.

Sark didn’t know what to say or do. He wanted to pull her in his arms and comfort him, but he was afraid of how she would. He should feel satisfied. His goal had been to make her feel. He had just imagined something a little bit different. He wanted her to feel passion for him again, not sadness at his words. Damn her. She always seemed to screw up his plans.

Our road is long
your hold is strong
Please don't ever let go
Oh No

He lightly took hold of her shoulders, turning her to face him. The tears were still streaming down her face, though at a slightly slower rate. The sight was the most heartbreaking, yet beautiful sight that he had seen.

He brought his hands to her face, and cupped her cheeks with his palms, using his thumbs to brush away the tears that were still falling.

And then he leaned in and kissed her. It was meant to be a simple, sweet touch of his lips to hers. But it soon turned into something more. The moment their skin touched, a fire ignited in both of their bodies. Sydney opened her mouth to him and he tasted her fully. She tasted the same as she did a week ago. The same intoxicating sweetness, mixed with a deeper bitterness, like the finest red wine he had tasted.

He didn’t know anything except that he never wanted to let her go. She was the perfect match for him in every way. They would be able to fight passionately, f*** just as passionately, and survive the aftermath of both. They were each other’s equal in every way.

I know I don't know you
But I want you so bad
everyone has a secret
but can they keep it
Oh No they can't

Sydney’s mind screamed that this was a huge mistake and that it would lead to even more heartbreak in the end. Sark was mysterious and secretive; she knew he would never share all of himself with her. Hell, she didn’t even know his first name. Or is Sark was really his last name. But that didn’t matter at the moment. Her lips were melting from his kiss. Her body was well on its way to melting too.

There was no resisting the need for him that she felt. It went deeper than simple desire. It was a white hot need. It hit her in a flash, but did not leave.

She had to have him. Who was she to deny herself of what she really wanted? She decided to take what she could have here in Paris, before their secrets took over in LA.

Driving fast now
don’t think I know how to go slow
where you at now
I feel around
there you are

Sydney broke away from the kiss to unbuckle her own seatbelt. Then she pushed Sark back into his seat fully, and, though it was a bit tricky, maneuvered herself until she was straddling him in the driver’s seat. She looked into his beautiful blue eyes, filled with heat from wanting her. And she wondered how she was going to be able to leave him after this.

She leaned her head down and their lips joined once more. As they were kissing, there were frantically tearing at each others clothing. Sydney was able to get Sark out of his shirt with no problem, but Sark had to break their kiss to lift Sydney’s shirt over her head. As she shifted her body to make it easier, her hips ground against his growing erection.

He groaned loudly. He was ready for her now. It was amazing really. He seemed to be hard just being in her presence. The moment she brushed up against him, he was almost lost. If they weren’t in the car, with limited movement, he swore he would have lost complete control right there.

Sark’s pants were easy. Sydney unbuttoned them, and pulled down the zipper. She gasped in surprise as they were kissing. For some reason, Sark had felt the need to go commando today. She should have guessed. Those gendarme pants from his disguise certainly weren’t the loosest of all pants, and had left nothing to her imagination when she had seen him in them earlier.

As Sark placed wet, hot kisses in a trail down her neck, Sydney slid her hand into his pants to stroke his c***. Sark groaned even loader than before, a spark of desire shooting through his whole body. He bit her neck ever so slightly, and then proceeded to suck on the spot lightly, smoothing the small bite mark with his tongue, to take some of the pain away and replace it with pleasure. She groaned as she was still stroking him.

After another moment, Sark pulled her hand away before his desire was too much to hold in, and they went to work trying to get her pants off. It was tough maneuvering, but eventually her pants found their way down to the bottom of the car.

Sark stroked her through her panties, surprised at how wet with desire she already was. But still, he wanted to tease her as she had teased him. Snaking a finger around her underwear, he slipped it inside, stroking first her outer lips, and then as he heard her breath interchange with small moans, slipped it fully inside of her. He stroked her, as her hips rode his finger for a few minutes, another finger slipping under to find her clit, and massaging that as well. When she had had enough, she bit his ear, then licking it, whispering, “f*** me now, Sark.”

Hearing those words coming from her beautiful mouth almost undid him right there, but he had enough strength to withdraw his fingers and pull her underwear down for better access.

Sydney then positioned herself over him and using her hands guided him inside of her. They both groaned loudly at the intense pleasure they felt, coming together again.

They began to move frantically, in a fast pace rhythm that matched the frenzied passion that both of them felt. The feelings of her surrounding him, and of him filling her, were both so perfect to both of them. They released their passion with a burst of fire shooting through each of them.

Cool these engines
calm these jets
I ask you how hot can it get
and as you wipe of beads of sweat
slowly you say "I'm not there yet!”

In the aftermath of their passion, they both realized how cramped the car really was, and how uncomfortable remaining in the position would be. They disentangled their partially clothed and sweaty bodies.

Sark started the car and blasted the air conditioner to cool them down. As they fixed their clothes up as neatly as possible, they didn’t speak. Neither knew what to say.

Finally, Sark was the one to break the silence. “You don’t have to go to the airport and fly back to LA, you know.”

Sydney just looked at him, a spark of sadness and regret in her eyes. “Yes I do Sark. I have begun something and I have to finish it.”

“You’re right. I also have a job to do. I cannot leave it either. But that doesn’t mean that we cannot see each other again. Our passion is undeniable. I know I’m irresistible to you.” His tone was cocky when he said that, but she couldn’t really get mad, when he war right.

“I don’t know what is going to happen when we get back to LA. Things are more dangerous there. And I don’t know if I’m ready for what something between the two of us would be like.” Her voice was a little sad, the reality of the situation sinking in.

It could possibly be more intense than anything either of them had experienced. Their fling over the past month would barely touch the surface of it. Because this time, emotions would be involved.

They both had a lot of thinking to do.

Sark dropped Sydney off at the airport. They both stared at each other for what seemed like ages before Sydney got out of the car. Before she did, she touched her hand to his cheek and said quietly, “I’m not ready. Maybe someday I will be. Maybe if I knew a little more about you I could be.”

And she left him again. Her leaving was bittersweet. They didn’t part in anger this time, but they didn’t part as lovers either. They were in a limbo between enemies and lovers. A limbo that could potentially last forever…or at least until he could trust her enough to tell her the truth…

Author’s Note 2: The song is “Secret” by Maroon 5. It’s one of their hottest songs. If you haven’t heard it yet, you should! ;)

Wooo hoooo! I'm loving all the Sarkney song fics coming from Amy! And that last part of this with the 'Cool your jets - I'm not there yet' - Hello hotness!!! :blush: Very appropriate for some Sarkney lovin' ;)

He often wondered, during the course of the day, how she could be so unfeeling. How she could be near him, sitting next to each other in the briefing room, almost touching, and yet not feel the electricity. The passion that they had shared was so intense, that whenever she was near he felt a current run through his body.
How could she be so cold?
He wanted to make her feel. It was such a reversal of roles. That first night she had come to him, wanting to make him feel. And now, he was the one who was left wanting to make her feel instead.
It would be funny, if it weren’t so incredibly ironic.
Excellent work painting Sark's conflicting emotions here and then later almost mirroring Sydney's to his.. (y)

She went with a safer answer. “Not really. But life is never about what we want.”
Damn good line there! We all want Sark, but how many of us get him? *sniff sniff* :(

Sydney broke away from the kiss to unbuckle her own seatbelt. Then she pushed Sark back into his seat fully, and, though it was a bit tricky, maneuvered herself until she was straddling him in the driver’s seat. She looked into his beautiful blue eyes, filled with heat from wanting her. And she wondered how she was going to be able to leave him after this
Okay - I was for some damn reason thinking about Lark here with the whole car bit - this is what they should have saved a car scene for!! Sarkney!! Oh the hotness!!! :D

Once again - awesome job Amy!! (y)

And she left him again. Her leaving was bittersweet. They didn’t part in anger this time, but they didn’t part as lovers either. They were in a limbo between enemies and lovers. A limbo that could potentially last forever…or at least until he could trust her enough to tell her the truth…

I love those lines....they truly are in a limbo! What a great story...please tell me you are planning on writting more.

Another Maroon5 songfic by Amy!! :D

He was right. Damn him. She hated him. She loved him. It was an intense mixture of both, and it was scary.
I love how they're both feeling the same way and thinking almost the same thing.

The smut scene in the car was hot. :thud: And I agree with Suzi, they should have saved the scene for Sarkney, not Lark!!

Sark dropped Sydney off at the airport. They both stared at each other for what seemed like ages before Sydney got out of the car. Before she did, she touched her hand to his cheek and said quietly, “I’m not ready. Maybe someday I will be. Maybe if I knew a little more about you I could be.”

And she left him again. Her leaving was bittersweet. They didn’t part in anger this time, but they didn’t part as lovers either. They were in a limbo between enemies and lovers. A limbo that could potentially last forever…or at least until he could trust her enough to tell her the truth...
They're both just apprehensive...

I loved it, Amy. (y) (y) And using "Secret" made it all that much hotter and better. :D

Back