Hiya folks

Tyrswind

Cadet
Hello felow HJ hopefuls!

I've finally found the forums, so I guess an introduction is in order. Just like Aini, Momma and Anom, I'm currently playing Vanguard under the name of Seraph. As you'll hear from a lot of folks, Vanguard is just not what it was chalked up to be.

Hero's Journey is and has always interested me, ever since I read a short article on it about a year ago. I hope we can all pull together and make the community we're all looking for.

Roleplayers have seemed to flock here like a moth to a flame, and I can't wait to see how things shape out.

Anyways, nice to meet you all

He posted! On a... a forum! I guess waving beta access under his nose is the way to do that ... :P

Welcome welcome

*marks down another VRPer*

Welcome to to the Hall! You've come in during quite a lull, I must say. Hopefully new blood will liven this place back up. Though I've gotta admit, having new HJ content to talk about would liven it up alot more... we shall see.

Hmmm... Maybe Vanguard's not all bad. It seems to be a very effective advertisement for HJ. Anyway, welcome to the family! [:D]

I think all games were created equal, just not equally within my tastes. I will always continue to find that "perfect" game until the day a game takes my breath away and never ever bores me.

Considering my attention span, it's unlikely to ever truly happen, even if I make it, so...

It's nice to see you here, Seraph! I myself will continue with Vanguard. Can't just set up a world-wide thieves guild and then run off on it!

I'll stick with Vanguard as long as I can enjoy myself there. And yes, I love the thieves guild idea. I'm sure Simu will have one too, and it will be hidden in a tunnel under the rock that's next to some ordinary boot.

*continues the search for the DragonRealms thieves guild*

I say all us VGers band together! Maybe...

I love the thieves guild in DR. There is nothing like it in other games.

<3 <3 <3

Seriously, even though Div semi-sucks at stealing, she's so awesome.

Had a (frustrating) total blast finding it :smiley: And some really fun random RP along the way. I'm loving prydaen as well, glad I re-rolled from an elf. Now, if I could just manage to actually kill something I'll be happy cat XD

Glad to have you here, Tyrswind!

It is a bit slow here right now, but, as Gate suggests, things will pick up as we get closer to beta and more info is released.

Feel free to bring up old Hero's Journey topics and discuss whatever you like.

Tyrswind said:
*continues the search for the DragonRealms thieves guild*

I have fond memories of discovering that place. My thief never made it too far within the guild, but I had a lot of fun there. The Paladin guild was always my real home, though. ;) I still play DR when I can, as a Paladin, always on the lookout for teefy types to bring to justice.

Ainilome said:
Now, if I could just manage to actually kill something I'll be happy cat XD

Try the ship rats in the shipyard of the Crossing. If you can't kill those, maybe you should give up and become an Empath. ;)

The trick to the rats is (after joining a guild) staying there long enough to mindlock evasion and multi opponent and then leaving and letting yourself gain a few ranks, and do it until they don't hit so often.

That and they're making things more newbie friendly. (weapon RT caps for example, 6 seconds now I think)

Mindlock a prydaen? Cake. ;)

The basic idea of combat, the different moves, balance etc had be very confused for a while but know that I understand combos and how best to use them and I'm getting my butt kicked less often. Thankfully. A five and half foot cat running from a rat feels ... very... wrong.

I know what it's like to bring something to someone's attention, only to have them attain legendary status while you wallow with those lowly few who would consider you an equal... Damn you, Quincy! Oh, uh... Sorry. Anyway, hello.

Back