HJ Environments

Kuzzle

Cadet
Hey, I was just wondering what sorts of environments were going to be present in Hero's Journey. I think that we should list possible and confirmed environments... Well, I know this wouldn't help some of you, but I think it would help me get a better grasp on the game.

Possible:
Tropical Beaches
Temperate Beaches
Rocky Coasts
Desert
Tropical Rainforests
Temperate Forests
Arctic Forests
Extremely Rocky Areas in General
Grasslands(Do it!)
Rivers
Lakes and Ponds
Mountains
Towns
Villages
Caves

Confirmed:
Cities
Forests
Streams
Swamps

Note: If you see any in the possible catagory that should be in the confirmed catagory, please let me know so that I can change it accordingly.

Also, if anyone remembers which types of forests are confirmed, please let me know. I just remember that the forest in that one video was big and green...

Ok, I know which catagories you guys meant those for, but I'll have to ask people to label their suggestions in the future... Please?

Didn't they talk about a swamp on the E3 movies?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure they playing in a swamp, and I've seen a screenshoot or two of it.

I've begun to hate Guild Wars because the game and each expansion STILL costs 50 dollars. So to get the full game would cost 150 dollars. That's a year's worth of monthly fees.

Exactly. Each is a complete game in, and of, itself rather than what we have come to regard as "add ons" in other gaming series and, further, you don't pay to play. Those are the two main reasons each game carries a top shelf price.

Yes, but in actualitly you end up paying the same but in one big chunk as compared to another MMO with a monthly fee. And that's ONLY if you play it for a year or more. If you don't you actually end up paying a 12 month fee for only playing for less than 12 months.

There's no depth to it! There's so very little character customization! If you value character customization so little, I question your motives for being here. [-X That's a bad TCO! Bad!

Seriously, though, while the game delivered in some key areas, it failed to deliver in most of the areas that make me want to play a game. My point? ...I can't wait much longer for the character customizationy goodness that Hero's Journey has promised. :( If they don't deliver... I'll be sad.

Daax said:
Yes, but in actualitly you end up paying the same but in one big chunk as compared to another MMO with a monthly fee. And that's ONLY if you play it for a year or more. If you don't you actually end up paying a 12 month fee for only playing for less than 12 months.
Your math is wrong.

You'd rather pay 14.95 x 12... that's $179.40... to sub to a game (and that's before we even factor in the cost of the game), and play it for a year, versus buying GW for $50 and playing that for a year?

Good lord, even if all three GW games came out IN THE SAME 12 MONTHS, it would still be cheaper to buy, than sub to a subscription game... again, without even factoring in an initial boxed game cost or, indeed, the cost of expansion packs.

So, yeah. Your math is completely wrong here. You're in a hole. Stop digging.

Back