HJ Environments

Daax said:
Yes, but in actualitly you end up paying the same but in one big chunk as compared to another MMO with a monthly fee. And that's ONLY if you play it for a year or more. If you don't you actually end up paying a 12 month fee for only playing for less than 12 months.
So you'd rather pay 14.95 x 12... that's $179.40... to sub to a game (and that's before we even factor in the cost of the game itself), and play it for a year, versus buying GW for $50 and playing that for a year?

Even if all three GW games came out IN THE SAME 12 MONTHS (which they didn't, anyway), it would still be cheaper to buy, than sub to a subscription game for that 12 month period... again, without even factoring in an initial boxed game cost or, indeed, the cost of expansion packs for that subscription game. Because the majority of them DO charge for these things, above and beyond the monthly fee.

So, yeah. GW does not represent a good "chunk" of what you pay to sub to other MMOs. It's less than 1/3. And, again, that's before we even factor in the cost of boxed product, expansions, etc, which you will have to pay in most cases, on top of that unavoidable sub fee.

LOL... but on a serious note, does it surprise you how much can be spent on subbing to just one MMO in a year? I sincerely think a lot of people don't really think about it. And that's not to put you down... I think people see it as "cheap by the slice" but when you factor in the game, an expansion and maybe 12 months access... you've spent a fair amount of money. And it's not uncommon these days for people to play two or three MMOs simultaneously; and they won't all be on SOE's "Station Pass" either, where you get to play all the games for $25/month.

well, in comparison to other stuff you can do for that amount, its not very expensive.

Many friends of mine goes to the pub every weekend, and spend much more then 15$ on one pub evening. And in Sweden you can see 1 movie with a coke and popcorn for that money. As I hate the drunken pub evenings and mostly hate the movies at the cinema, its pretty cheap to play a mmo, especially if you count every hour you could have fun in it during a whole month (if its a fun game, that is, hehe).

However, I only pay for one game at a time (2 accounts, me & GF).

..well its only 1 account on WoW at the moment as my GF wanted to go rat-tail hunting with a bimbo bloodelf, blaming Simu for not releasing HJ any time soon.. so Simu! You better start working!! Release my GF from pain and agony!

(edit: is it just me, or are we waaay OOT now? sorry about that)

No, it's not just you. I'd chastise people for ruining my thread, but in all honesty, the thread would probably have only around seven posts if people had stayed on topic.

On another, more similar to the original topic-topic, it'd be cool if you could be a specialized Ranger. Like, if you were a Mountain Ranger, you would be more well suited to the mountainous areas than other areas, providing you with various bonuses and penalties. 'N, like, if you were a Jellystone Park Ranger, you could, like, try to put a stop to that darn bear and his pic-a-nic basket oriented hijinx.

Getting back on topic of the post. Did they mention anything about a weather system being put in place.

Have clouds in the sky when it rains.
Will it snow in other parts of the lands?
If it does snow during the "winter" will it gather on the ground? Snowball fights!

I assume this would difficult to implement.

ss27.jpg

ss43.jpg

ss40.jpg

ss45.jpg

ss55.jpg

ss70.jpg

ss89.jpg

ss90.jpg

ss104.jpg

There. Those are some of the inside shots that are on Hero's Hall... Couple of them are "tavern-esque".

Back