HJ IRC Channel! New Server!!!

F

frostydf2

WE HAVE SWITCHED TO GAMESURGE SERVER!

Server : gamesurge.net
Channel: herosjourney

**NEW**
Role Playing Channel : HJ-Tavern

Valo has given the idea to create an IRC channel for Hero's Journey. It was on quakenet, but we have decided to switch to gamesurge! I would like to invite everyone to use it, and hope everyone would!

This is how you get into it....

#1. Download an IRC client. I prefere mIRC, while others like to use others. A link can be found here.

#2. Install mIRC, should be basic enough.

#3. Once installed, a pop-up should come up to set yourself a nickname, just set something and hit ok.

#4. Next you should be staring at a white screen, type in this "/server gamesurge"

#5. You should go through a series of pings, and then a 'Join Channel' box should come up, just type in herosjourney, all one word! Then hit 'Join'!

Thats how you get into the channel, next we would like you to register.

Register
Registering is fairly simple compared to other networks.

#1. Go to www.gamesurge.net, and in the top right click account registration

#2. Follow the instructions that it gives you! Easy!

#3. Now, to log-into the server type in /authserv AUTH account password. If you don't want to have to manually type this in all the time then go through the steps below.

#4. Press ALT-O, that should bring up the mIRC Options dialog box.

#5. In the Category list, look under the Connect tree, there should be an Options section - click on it.

#6. In there, click on the "Perform" button. The perform page will pop up - make sure 'Enable Perform on Connect' is ticked, and put the command into the textbox.

Some very useful commands that I use are

/join #herosjourney
/authserv AUTH account password

Well there you go. 101 on how to use IRC!

Hope everyone uses this IRC to connect. Hopefully we can make it pretty popular :smiley: Again I would liek to thank Valo for helping me with this IRC channel!

maybe gamesurge is good for americans but for europeans quakenet is the place to go. I have messaged frosty though about a solution to link the 2 channels to maximise use :smiley:

I have switched to Gamesurge. Look into original post for server information changes, and how to go about registering again!

I tryed that thing it downloaded and everyhing i put a nickname in and then i got stuck lol does that make me dumb :confused: Wouldnt ventrilo be easier lol :D

Ventrilo is of course easier, but I don't want to pay $50 a month for a 100 user server either ;)

Not to mention TONS of people hop on IRC at work. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to Vent while at work. IRC is something easy requires little effort. Then you also have a lot of people that aren't comfortable with Vent. And I know I find it very annoying when my roommates use it lol.

Yo! Everyone who doesnt have IRC needs to get it now! Please.

IRC is like a big chat room for Hero's Hall.

Its really easy and the instructions are posted above.

IF we get more people on it, We'll open up an RP server. So it would be like a MUD.

Just to get some more RP in our diet.

so PLEASE PLEASE get it and frequent the server!

That is all.

Not just about Hero's Hall, but Hero's Journey in general. We also discuss numerous other things! It really is a lot of fun, and I hope more poeple take advantage of this offer.

<agrees with posts above>

I'm on IRC almost all the time at work. It's worth the effort to register on the IRC network, even though I think that's kind of a pain ;)

~ Jaraeth

Bump again. I would really like to get a really active community on IRC. They can be really fun sometimes. It's like forums on crack.

Same great server, and an ability to be in both #HerosJourney and the newly formed Roleplay channel at #HJ-Tavern!

Come join us for some RP at #HJ-Tavern! Join the resident bartender, SethRahl, serve you up an ale or dish of food! Come one, come all! Come join us in #HerosJourney and #HJ-Tavern!

/join Today!

~ Jaraeth

Ok, have got it set up!
My problem will be actually being on at a time when there's people actively about, being in Australia, and in the West at that.

Look forward to some good roleplay!
I just have to decide what role to play...

*goes off to ponder all those class choice variations*

If there's enough ppl to roleplay in #HJ-Tavern, and I'm actively paying attention, I try to rp the owner of the building that houses the Inn & Tavern. Ensuring everyone's got enough ale to drink, and that the barkeep doesn't wander too far off, and is available for some good grub & ale is priority, not to mention properly turned down beds to crawl into for the weary traveler.

!order yourself some grub
!orderfor someone, some ale or grub
- or -
get yourself an !ale

and feel free to RP on IRC B)

~ Jaraeth

I feel like a nerd roleplaying but I won't try to fight my basic nerd genes. *continues to rp as a sulwari sex slave*

say what?! :confused: :blink: :confused: :blink:

Back