HJ IRC Channel! New Server!!!

I really wish we could see more people in both channels. I know eventually they will be packed, but I want to see them grow now!

WatchMaker said:
Does anyone actually use the channel ?

Yes most days you will find, myself, Jaraeth, Presto, Sol Invictus and Frosty Idle in the channel. Quite often some of the GM's will visit usually once or twice a week and we'll get into a conversation on the game.

It just depends on the day and time, its not always active but some days its really active.

Whaaa? Talking to GMs? *Goes to mirc.com*

-Edit- Just want to point out that I have used MIRC before, just never had a reason till now to re-install it.

Ok, I'm on, but... Place seems pretty bare. 'Specially the Tavern... :( This is just like everything else wrong in the world; It's everyone's fault but mine! :D

Yeah, it's kind of bare on IRC sometimes. Sometimes it's not, sometimes it is. I'm usually at work when I'm capable of watching the forums and being on IRC :-\

~ Jaraeth

Im New

hi all im elswer, i would like to be a beta tester for this game and will also like to know how i can post a guild and if its to early to make one.:smiley:

Welcome to the forums, Elswer. My name is Daax. You will learn to fear me soon enough.

First of all, I've been barking up the beta tree for months now. Nothin.... But it is coming soon. We can only hope some of the people at HJ headquarters throw us a few beta tickets.

We're not the mainstream site for HJ, but a fansite. The best fansite out there actually.

And you can post a guild anytime you want. We happily accept it. :smiley:

Behold, the impressively short and pathetic !users list!

-ChanServ- #herosjourney users from level 1 to 500:
-ChanServ- Access Account Last Seen Status
-ChanServ- 500 frostydf2 7 weeks and 2 days Normal
-ChanServ- 350 killarai 14 weeks and 6 days Suspended
-ChanServ- 300 Jaraeth 4 days and 10 hours Normal
-ChanServ- 300 subspace 2 weeks and 2 days Normal
-ChanServ- 100 SolInvictus Here Normal
-ChanServ- 100 [1m]ClevelandRyan 22 hours and 54 minutes Normal

Those are only the registered users. Of course, non-registered... you may find about 4-5 more. So yeah, it lacks. Know what lacks worse? #HJ-Tavern, the RP channel *wimper*

I'm a bit surprised at Frosty though... look at that... 7 weeks? Has Frosty been on IRC since arriving in Phoenix? Doesn't look like it.

<calls all people to join on IRC and chat up a bit>

~ Jar

last week I left my irc screened and totally forgot about it ;) When I rebooted my computer I saw it killing my irc program and I was like "D'OH!"

The thing about idling is... I can come back and read the majority of what was said (well, 2000 lines of text anyhow). Sometimes I'm lucky to catch part of a conversation between a dev and another person on IRC.

Sad part is, I have come back from away (well, not /away, but I reopen my window/screen) and I see no one has said anything, for hours, or days ... then I just go back to being away. :-\ Kuzzle, I think, hopped on #HJ-Tavern once... that made me pop back into IRC and start chatting...

~ Jar

If you want to use the IRC server more, why not post times for special events in either channel? For example:

Newbie Time at #herosjourney@gamesurge.net Sunday September 3 at 11pm EST. Take this time to log on and ask questions about HJ - both experienced and new players will be present.

And if this sounds like a cool idea, will a mod or someone with experience fill in a date and time that works best for them (I put one in that works best for me)? I'm starving for info and I think I've devoured the main site and the info on the top level of this site.

I just got in the #herosjourney room and WM is in there so i know i did something right. is this the same room as the tavern? if not, whats that name so i can check it out. (im new to IRCs)

Back