HJ IRC Channel! New Server!!!

I previously used MIRC to connect to IRC, but I realized that Trillian also has its own IRC connection.

To set up IRC In Trillian:
-Open the Manage Connections menu
-Create a new IRC connection
-Name it whatever you want
-Browse to or manually add: irc.us.gamesurge.net::6667 as the irc server to connect to
-Give yourself a nickname to be used in the channels
-Accept your changes
-Now edit the connection you just made
-Click the 'Change' button under your Identities & Connections menu for IRC
-Go to the 'Connection' Tab, under the 'Perform Buffer' tab
-Add the following text: "/join #herosjourney;/join #HJ-Tavern" (or just one of the two.) This will put you in both channels.

The Trillian IRC chat window looks just like a Group Chat for AIM/MSN/Yahoo/etc... When you close the chat window, you stay connected to the IRC server, but you do not stay in the channels.
You will need to manually "/join #herosjourney" to get back in.

Valo said:
maybe gamesurge is good for americans but for europeans quakenet is the place to go. I have messaged frosty though about a solution to link the 2 channels to maximise use :smiley:
I can't stand Quakenet. It's full of channel spammers and trolls.
The rules of the network encourage people to spam their channel to get more people into the channel. (for Q and such) I can't stand it at all!

Gamesurge has better people on it but it has lame throttling and tons of netsplits.

I think Stratics would be the best way to go. But gamesurge is definantly better than quakenet. Stratics is basically the mmorpg undergod network.. and the big name mmorpg's have interviews there.

What would be more interesting is if a bunch of us just jumped on Skype one night and shot the breeze for a few hours, conference call style.

I found shout boxes just a way for people to spam their post count, at least on the sites I use to go to, not sure if thats how they are all done or not.
I also found it was just a lot of babble lol
Guess I'm just too old for that stuff.

Back