HJ names

Originally posted by Arremus@Apr 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Sorry to go back on topic for a sec - yes, yes my bad, sorry :confused: :P - but what is the setup at this point with first name + last name do we know?

If you join a clan or whatever, do you have to take that name? Or is it that you don't get a last name until you join a clan etc?

Am curious to know, as I often would like to use the name Xi Xann and roleplay a quiet, Asianic type (Simon Blow Snow ala Duel, love his character B) ) but of course, once again, I doubt I'll get to have the name Xi. Only one game so far I've been able to use Xi Xann and that was Guild Wars (egh..). Usually gets made into Xixann or something horrible hehe.

As for other options though, I've been progressively writing a series of novels and creating the world etc, so will probably name my character after whichever character type from the novel that I take on.
ie the 1st Ranger from the main Regiment, I'd use his name, create him in-game as a Ranger/Wiz etc.

How I'd love to be able to actually use Xi Xann as my full name, and get to truly roleplay the character that surrounds the name... *sigh*
Probably sounds dorky and all, but.. :P :D
Well either good or bad news for you. When you join a family which is the first organized tier of level you take on the last name of the family. So you will actually see multiple people with the same last name, but not first. Kind of like how it is in modern day society. You can also add titles to your family from what I understand, but I am not 100% positive on that one.

However, you don't have to join a family, and you can still have a last name is what I belive it is going to be like.

Hope that bit of information helped you out.

I think I am going to go back to my Everquest (1) roots, seeing as there wont be (in the forseeable future at least) any dark elves in game.

Therefore, a mistfolk caster named Fanthalas will be seen in the HJ world

(Xhar is the family name for all my DE chars)

See you then

Xhar

I think I'm going to name her Ilithia from Deadly Squat, although that's from the movie that probably won't be made.

Fact: My favorite scene out of all the Deadly Squat movies, is the "Death of Jeff" in Deadly Squat 7 the Quest for Evan.
Mostly because it was on accident. Josh (who was the Ultima Bomb at the time) and Jeff (who was Jeff) were fighting at this place near the highschool. Anyway, Jeff accidentally falls off the ledge down about 20 feet onto some rocks (and ended up with a concussion). He was supposed to win that fight too.

I usually play as Faemus or Sleeper. I'll probably choose Faemus for HJ cuz it has that fantasyesque type of spelling going on.

Does Subway bore anyone else? Subway sandwiches I mean. I apologize if you're outside the states and don't have subway. Its just a big sandwich franchise, and while it can be a nice change from burgers and fried things, its soooo boring. I wish I could eat sushi everyday. It wouldn't even have to be expensive sashimi or anything, just a couple of sushi-rolls and I'm set. Sushi takes a long time though. . . And fast sushi sounds scary. Ya know, when i was engaged to my wife, that was the 1 concern I had. Sushi. Most people would be concerned about life-goals or personality conflicts or her family or money. I just couldn't get over the fact that she didn't like sushi. She probably didn't like it because she was from South Carolina, and lets face it, South Carolina isn't known for their Japanese influenced cuisine. I imagine a giant redneck named Bubba Jo-Bob Earnhardt Jr. the 3rd, hackin at a slimy fish he dragged out of the swamp and calling it sushi. So my wife says her first sushi experience tasted really fishy, now i can't convince her to try the good stuff (We have slightly fewer rednecks here in Austin) :P Damn the South Carolina Sushi Industry!

Anyways, sometimes "Sleeper" is already taken in a lot of games. Faemus is more original too, i've never had it taken before.

I'm still undecided about my char's race and gender.
Kalyra for a female healer char
Javewa for a male battlemage/warlock-like char

I've used Javewa and variations for most of my main chars in RPGs. Computer-, online- and P&P-games alike. Can't remember the roots of the name, though.
In WoW I grew very fond of my priestess char Kalyra. After playing Final Beta together with a few friends, we started WoW together again when it was released. We talked about who was to take which class and I volunteered to do the healing part. As the male model of a WoW-Human didn't look very priestly and I knew all my friends were playing male chars, I choose to play a woman. Seemed more fitting for a healing char (yeah, yeah, somewhat chauvinistic (sp?), I know :smiley: ).

As for the last name, no idea yet. I hope to lure some RL-friends into HJ, too, founding a familiy/clan there.

I'm also intrigued to play a Suwari, probably borrowing a name from a Nephar of the Avernum CRPGs (if anyone knows those). Hoshnarr for a male kitten; female don't know yet.

Originally posted by Xhar@May 5 2006, 03:27 PM
Never heard of those movies... where can I see clips?

Xhar
Well, you could go to my friend's house where she has some of the tapes.

:P

They're pretty funny, but the newest is particularly long and the fight scenes are like 15 minutes long each, and there are a lot of them.

Keep posting your names guys! I really do enjoy reading them, and just by reading your name it shows some of your personality. I can tell some of the people in this thread are into anime, some are into fantasy. Some just like to goof around like me :smiley:

My Characters Name Will Be Sadistra FireStar as it Has been in Many Games.

If you go to the Rp Forums You can Showcase Your Character Ideas

Back