HJ release set to N/A

I believe they are of the mindset that once Beta is here and the game is ready and PR hype begins once again (it will!) ... that everyone will instantly forget this long, unbearable PR drought. Ho hum.

I may be new to these forums, but I've been watching the game and I agree that some new information would be nice.

Nevertheless, I think it's awesome that the GMs are so involved with this forum. I don't think I've seen that in any other game I've played. As long as they're here, it feels like there's some connection to HJ, regardless of how painfully info-free it may be.

It's tough; let me use an analogy in the form of a father-son talk...

Father: Hey billy, CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
Son: Awesome dad, I want a PS3 and a Wii and a talking GI-Joe
F: You will get all of those things!
S: Great! When is it coming?
F: Soon.
S: Ya, but when is soon?
F: Soon isn't a long time from now. It's soon.
S: Alright dad, is this like the time you told us we were going to DisneyLand?
F: We ARE going to disney land!
S: But you've been telling me that for two years now.
F: We will go to disney land and it will be the best trip of your life.
S: I'm almost getting too old to really appreciate disney land, though.
F: I'm telling you, Disneyland is coming and Christmas is coming.
S: Well can you give me a hint of when either one is happening? Because when you told us we were going to disneyland you said we'd go in two months, then you said six more months then you said that it was right around the corner then you said it would be another year... then that deadline passed.
F: It's going to be sooo cool! It's coming and it's going to be perfect.
S: Well even if it comes now it's been so over-hyped it can't possibly live up to it and it will be a big let-down no matter what.
F: It's going to come soon.
S: Okay, well I'm going to go over here and stop trusting anything you say.

< Six months later >

F: We're going to France!
S: ya ya dad, we're going to france. hurray. go away.
F: We're going to France and it's going to be awesome!
S: okay dad, you tell me when we're a bit closer to the date we're leaving; and I'm still waiting for Christmas and Disneyland by the way.

That all being said. I am actually glad for the new radio silence. I hope it continues, and I hope it continues to be the new corporate policy. It's tough that it was enacted in the middle of development rather at the start, but keep it up. I'd MUCH rather know nothing of Savants, Monks, Animate Dead, Wyr, Suari, Physics Engines, the interface, etc and be surprised and overwhelmed when they're released than be anticipating something that never comes to flurition.

I, for one, want to know what I'm waiting for. If I'm supposed to not expect anything, I can just as well follow an MMO with a Releasedate.

I, for one, want to know what I'm waiting for. If I'm supposed to not expect anything, I can just as well follow an MMO with a Releasedate.

I would, for example, not consider the missing class info as overhype, with the risk of making fans disappointed. Same goes with screenshoots, or ingame films for that matter.

What Simu did 2 years ago, might have been a overhype, with all the bragging of new-fantastic-neverdonebefore-OMG features. But the last one and a half year silence is almost embarrassing, or at least should be. I'm surprised not to see more, or any, offsite GM's feel silly when they keep saying "We're working as never before" or "Be patient, soon you will get the game of your dreams" and so on.

I almost fear that all offsite-GM's are just there to beta-test the HeroEngine/Blade, not really to create stuff for a "real" game (without knowing ofcourse). I'm mean, what really talks against it at this point?

I, as many others, would probably jump up and down when or if HJ actually becomes a final product, but it would be stupid not to understand the disappointment all ex(?)-fans feel right now, or even the rumours of vapourware.

I almost fear that all offsite-GM's are just there to beta-test the HeroEngine/Blade, not really to create stuff for a "real" game (without knowing ofcourse). I'm mean, what really talks against it at this point?

I really agree with you on this point. It's even more disturbing when you consider that one of the features of Blade is access to a full working example game. And yet a reason we have been given for a lack of updates is that they didn't want info leaking to competitors...

How hard is it for Simu to simply say "yes the game is on track and we are really planning on releasing."? Not very. How hard is it to lie to your fan base and tell them you are really releasing when you really aren't going to? Much harder. Based on that rational, I'd say there is definitely room for worry.

For me, I kind of look at it like the lottery. To win the lottery is a dream come true... if I'm not going to play the lottery, not going to take the risk, they I'll probably nay say it all the time. "It's impossible to win, the odds of winning are so small it's pointless to even hope, why bother?"

However, if I'm someone who really wants to invest hope and belief in something, I'll play, and you will be damned sure I'm not going to hold my ticket and poo poo the lottery. I'll hold my ticket and HOPE to win.

That being said, I don't play the lottery... ;) I think it's a waste of money. However, HJ is a dream game, and I will play that lottery... holding my ticket and not giving up until I actually see SOMEONE say from Simu "Sorry, this game will never come out."

Until that time, I might not be actively trolling these forums anymore... but hey, I still check now and then... and when the game FINALLY comes out, I promise I won't tell any of you "I told you so." ;)

You can either believe what GMs tell you, or you can disbelieve it. Quite frankly, I don't care anymore if people believe what I say or not. I know how things are, and I'll say what I can of how things are, but if that's not enough then people can just find somewhere else to grumble.

My suggestion? If it bothers you so much, just play other games for goodness sake. No one's asking for loyalty only to the all mighty Simu. If these other games are pleasing you more? Then that's fine! Go to them! HJ will have who it has.

Whoa, hey Pin, no one is saying that we think the GMs are lying to us. We are saying even you aren't informed of the whole picture and even if you could fully disclose what you know it wouldn't reveal what's actually going on (maybe- who knows?).

And in the meantime, yep, I'm playing other games, and yep, I'm looking into other games. And as for grumbling? Where would you recommend we go to grumble if not a forum about the game?

For me, I kind of look at it like the lottery. To win the lottery is a dream come true... if I'm not going to play the lottery, not going to take the risk, they I'll probably nay say it all the time. "It's impossible to win, the odds of winning are so small it's pointless to even hope, why bother?"

However, if I'm someone who really wants to invest hope and belief in something, I'll play, and you will be damned sure I'm not going to hold my ticket and poo poo the lottery. I'll hold my ticket and HOPE to win.

That being said, I don't play the lottery... ;) I think it's a waste of money. However, HJ is a dream game, and I will play that lottery... holding my ticket and not giving up until I actually see SOMEONE say from Simu "Sorry, this game will never come out."

Until that time, I might not be actively trolling these forums anymore... but hey, I still check now and then... and when the game FINALLY comes out, I promise I won't tell any of you "I told you so." ;)

I must be terribly pessimistic. This made me think of "Ironic" by Alanis Morsette:

"He won the lottery... died the next day.
It's a death row pardon, two minutes too late.
Isn't it ironic?

It's like raiiiiiiin your wedding day!
It's a free ride when you've already paid!
It's the good advice that you just didn't take!
And who would've thought? It figuuuuurrres!"

:P

Whoa, hey Pin, no one is saying that we think the GMs are lying to us. We are saying even you aren't informed of the whole picture and even if you could fully disclose what you know it wouldn't reveal what's actually going on (maybe- who knows?).

And in the meantime, yep, I'm playing other games, and yep, I'm looking into other games. And as for grumbling? Where would you recommend we go to grumble if not a forum about the game?

Since hearing about HJ I've kind of lost interest in playing any other games. I'll wait patiently until the game I really do want to play is released. I actually hadn't heard about HJ until recently, so it's kind of funny to hear about how people have been anticipating this game for years. The one thing that gives me hope, however, is that there really are GM's working on the game. I do not believe that it is all a consipracy. Simu wouldn't bother with recruiting game content writers and such if it were. What I tend to believe is that the continued development of Hero Engine has caused setbacks due to the fact that some of the older stuff had to be redone. Maybe that's totally wrong, but whatever the case, when the GM's say that progress is being made, I will believe them.

I just hope that I don't have to wait nearly as long as those of you who heard about it in 2005 b-(

hat I tend to believe is that the continued development of Hero Engine has caused setbacks due to the fact that some of the older stuff had to be redone.

this is what i believe also. The Hero Engine being tooled for resale for other game companies.

Just wish we'd get a word...a bread crumb...a "Someday, we promise!" Anything!

Yeah... I'd honestly be happier if Simu told us that things got horribly backed up and that there will be major delays but that they are working very hard, rather than there being no news at all. It's not like we would all lose interest in the game if that is the case.

Back