HJ Support of new technologies

I have had my eye on two technologies that are on the verge of coming out. Was curious if HJ will support them.

The first is Ageia's PPU. I have a demo from Novodex which actually shows the PhysX engine using several 3D models from HJ. Does this mean PPUs will be supported in-game?

The second is Matrox's TripleHead2Go. I owned the original Parhelia, and was 3-screen gaming in PlanetSide and SWG as far back as Jan of 2003. The question is, is HJ scaleable to resolutions of 3840x1024? Surround gaming is MUCH more immersive than one screen, even a wide screen, regardless of its resolution.

And here I was thinking my 23 inch cinema display was something special. . . :(

This is Matrox's TripleHead2Go that Presto is talking about:

*edit* blah, yah the image didn't work. I saw it after I posted, but upon refreshing it went away
<_<

the below posters have got it covered though.

Originally posted by Faemus@May 7 2006, 04:55 PM
And here I was thinking my 23 inch cinema display was something special. . . :(

This is Matrox's TripleHead2Go that Presto is talking about:
guild1.jpg

Gimme!
that picture doesn't work...

You could display a static image on those 5 screens, but for 3D gaming, it must all be done in a single frame buffer. That is why only the Parhelia was able to do multi-screen gaming in the past. It was a single card, with three outputs, so one frame buffer.

The TripleHead2Go takes the output of any single video card (again, one frame buffer), and splits the horizontal resolution 3 ways. For this reason, it can take the output of any video card and display on 3 screens. And, it supports SLI, which basically takes 2 video cards and allows them to share the same frame buffer.

Here is a shot from Planetside

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@May 7 2006, 09:49 AM
*mumblefakemumble*
Not fake, just a single shot from a single frame buffer displayed across 3 screens.

You can tell it's not fake because of the positioning of the UI components. If the screens were glued together, the UI stuff would not have parts on the far left and right, as well as the center.

Originally posted by Presto+May 7 2006, 05:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Presto @ May 7 2006, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Diviana@May 7 2006, 09:49 AM
*mumblefakemumble*
Not fake, just a single shot from a single frame buffer displayed across 3 screens.

You can tell it's not fake because of the positioning of the UI components. If the screens were glued together, the UI stuff would not have parts on the far left and right, as well as the center. [/b][/quote]
You guys are so silly.

I was talking about that monitor I posted. It isn't real.

Originally posted by Presto+May 7 2006, 08:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Presto @ May 7 2006, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Sisca@May 7 2006, 12:43 PM
IThe problem is you'd need one of THESE Dell's to drive the thing with a halfway decent framerate in any current gen 3D game.
Quad SLI....I can dream [/b][/quote]
Quad SLI would be disgusting! If only I had the money..... when it comes out that is.

Best hardware at E3 was the Ageia physics PPU.

The articles I have been reading about HJ and E3 strongly suggest that HJ will use these PPUs.

Now my only question is if HJ will be scaleable to the resolutions allowed by Matrox's TripleHead2go.

Talking of technology:
Why are Simu's official Forums still this crappy? That's not even old school, it's a mind-mess.
With all this shiny technology in HJ, I hope they make up their mind to upgrade their forums soon.

Back