Hmm.. Vaughn or Sark

spydancer said:
When I think about the future of Alias, I try to consider what I think might actually happen.  People can debate about this as much as they want to and that is just fine, I just don't happen to see it (Sydney/Sark) as an actual possibility. 
[post="1010462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I don't consider it likely either, but many fans like to venture out of that box, and there is nothing wrong with that as long as they don't insist that other fans (or the writers) follow that path with them. So what if it's unrealistic? (Sometimes it's better when people fantasize/obsess about fictional characters than the boy next door--or the biker that hangs out at the local convenience store.) Bringing up inflammatory words and extreme situations that haven't happened only cause hurt feelings. Next time, just say you consider it unlikely (and you can quote the "cute boy in high school" speech), but let's not use "the R word." It might have been attempted on Buffy, but I doubt that they'd even go that far on a Disney net. ;)

Anyway, good to drop this topic. 'Nuff said.

golden_eye said:
You S/V fans, we sarkney fans can accept S/V, why can't you accept S/V. Seriously.
[post="1012720"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Do you mean, why can't S/V shippers accept Sarkney? :P I'm just joking with you ^_^

I think its easier to accept S/V because it has happened and there's a high probability that S/V will get back together again. I won't go into the details about the (many) hurdles they have to jump for their relationship to be reminiscent of S2 (assuming it can be like that again). I'm pointing out the probability of S/V occurring and when its compared to the probability of Sarkney occurring, S/V wins.

Personally, I accept Sarkney (I don't know where or how fans started the ship but that doesn't mean it isn't valid) but I can't see it happening. Hey, I'm might be wrong ;)

:lol: jess, Yeah I wrote a bit weirdo, didn't I :lol:

anyway I just think it's important that we accept the different ships. Alias is so much more than relationships.

and why sarkney started is they have a really great cemistry. And yes I know he is evil, but that's why we have the fanfic.

golden_eye said:
anyway I just think it's important that we accept the different ships. Alias is so much more than relationships.
[post="1013557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wholeheartedly agree. I'll happily admit that the chemistry between S/V in the S2 premiere is what got me hooked in the first place but as the season progressed I grew to appreciate the other aspects of the show.

jess said:
I wholeheartedly agree.  I'll happily admit that the chemistry between S/V in the S2 premiere is what got me hooked in the first place but as the season progressed I grew to appreciate the other aspects of the show.
[post="1014244"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i totally agree too!!

Im a massive S/V shipper but i can accept why people like Sarkney. There are other shows where i havent gone with the main ship but ive wanted S/V together from the first episode so i will never change. Although i wouldnt be happy if they ended up together i do agree they have good chemistry but would never be a couple, and as you said, thats what fanfics are for. Ive fantasized bout couples getting together that i knew never would and i dont think theres anything wrong with that.

SydBristow13 said:
Vaughn going through his love life rational, suuuuuuuuureeee if you say so.
that was sarcastic in case you didn't get it.
Vaughn only cares about himself, he's cheated on every women he's ever been with, Alice, Syd, Lauren. All he betrayed.
He's such a good man not letting Sydney move on when she's telling him she is. No what does he do instead of lettign her and just being with his wife, he goes and push her into telling her feelings for him. he just won't let her move on. yet he gets to go back to his wife and screw her when they're back home. no that's a character to look up to!

As for Sark, he didn't love Lauren, he liked to have sex with her true but he didn't love her. She was just covenant and he always betrays his employer. his loyalties are flexable. He's smart, he knows the torture they can inflict upon him. He doesn't care about the organisations he's served so why stay loyal to them? Why go through electroshock or inferno's? Sark is messed up but that's what makes him human, so he kileld an old couple to get plain tickets. he doesn't know any better. he doesn't feel remorse for them because he is messed up. that one of the things I like about him that he's got his own problems that he isn't some dumb boring spineless wuss like someoen we call Agent Yawn.

As for the reason why Vaughn doesn't like Sark, well I think subconsiously he picked up on the chemstry between Syd and Sark and he's jealous. I don't see the right he has to get jealous when he's been boinking his wife while chasing after Syd.

Sarkney forever,
Sabs
[post="1007409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So, did you read my post? Obviously not..

QUOTE(GoodVsEvil @ Sep 9 2004, 10:35 PM)
Okay so you are saying Vaughn was lost this year, he just found out the woman he thought was dead for 2 years is actually alive, and he moved forward by marrying a woman he finds out later is just there to betray and attempt to kill him, but through all of this he is just supposed to stay rationaleand level headed...so what about Sark? He was thrust to the forefront with Lauren and he turned into this black character that kills an innocent old couple without a thought because he wants their plane tickets. He caved everytime he was confronted whether it be by Bomani, a member of his own team, or by Vaughn,whom by the way never broke even under electroshock and the Inferno(Or whatever the hell it was called) Interrogation. Sark who licked Sloanes boots, backstabbed him, and will probably be licking Sloanes boots again next season. Yet that's a good character?
Yep someone I would look up to...

My point being, my statement about him being rationale and level headed, was being just as sarcastic as your little statement..
Anyway Vaughn is a trillion times the character Sark will ever be no matter how you try to rationalize your love of Sark it won't fly for me.
The less Sark the better and now even JJ thinks so.

GoodVsEvil said:
My point being, my statement about him being rationale and level headed, was being just as sarcastic as your little statement..
That's the problem here, please let's keep sarcasm out of it as much as possible--it tends to bring up the acrimony level. (Believe me, you don't want me to get my sarcasm out . . . I've decapitated people with it accidentally.) I don't care who started it--don't continue it.

Anyway Vaughn is a trillion times the character Sark will ever be no matter how you try to rationalize your love of Sark it won't fly for me.
The less Sark the better and now even JJ thinks so.
[post="1014504"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Your language is too emotional and inflammatory here. Remember that this is your opinion and that other people are entitled to their own--and that their opinions are not "stupid" just because you don't share them. Simply say that you disagree and say why--without emotional and inflammatory language.

Also, simply because Mr Abrams is using the character of Sark less now does not mean that he thinks "the less the better" (if so, then why not none?); simply that he feels that Sark can be more effective in a recurring capacity.

There has been too flaming around here and I want to stop the next one before it starts. I don't want to see anyone picking fights--on either side.

Things just calmed down. If you want a fight, please take it off this board.

Thanks
✌️

I understand, and appreciate the comment 'no matter who started it..I should not have continued it. Although I do want to point out the word stupid was never in my post.

all you who can accept both should come to the s/v and sarkney topic. it's a peaceful thread. i heart it because it's nice to be able to have civil discussions with people to help understand their views. (i would call this a shameless plug since i did start the topic, but i didn't know if you could only plug fics or if topics counted too :smiley: )

m-c

I :love: Vaughn AND Sark. They are two totally different characters, so they appeal to different parts of me. If I was going to get married, have a steady boyfriend, etc. I would pick sweetie pie Vaughn, but for a hot fling or FWB type ship I would have to go with bad-boy Sark.

ms.katejones said:
:love: Vaughn AND Sark.
[post="1022781"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Heehee . . . :lol: for me, it would be neither Vaughn nor Sark. :P

verdantheart said:
Heehee . . .  :lol:  for me, it would be neither Vaughn nor Sark.  :P
[post="1024632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Let me think...who do you like...could it be...JACK? He is cool, but I only think of him in a Spydaddy way. :cool:

Sarkney because, well, Sark is just THAT much hotter than Vaughn ^_^ Just my opinion, nothing more.

Sarkney... because I said so. And because my therapist says so. For I must believe.

And because Sarkney smut is unlike any other. Sweet baby jesus.

kristi2o5 said:
Sarkney... because I said so. And because my therapist says so. For I must believe.

And because Sarkney smut is unlike any other. Sweet baby jesus.
[post="1030031"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Do I second you or what? (y)

yeah i think they have chemistry, i mean sark and sydney...

but different kind of chemistry!!!! as in not love chemistry......

i don't think syd'll go for sark...too much past of sydney always wanting to apprehend sark...

Back