Hmmm! Regarding item stats....

Go read up on the 'Wyr' page for more information about different shapes, and sizes. However, I have no idea what those numbers mean.

I wasn't referring so much to the fact that they were different shapes and sizes; I was referring to whether shapes and sizes were specific to weapon types. Sorry I wasn't clear. Also, what about the colors of the slots? What's the significance of that?

Good question. It looks like to me that in the Warpick those are Wyr slots. The Butcher's Axe Im not so sure about. since they are smaller than the Warpick slots. I have no clue about the colors, or what the numbers mean.

Devs? ;)

As a complete guesstimate, I'd say:

The 0 and the 9 are level required to use.
Thus why the 0 weapon (beginner axe) has no Wyr, and the level 9 weapon has 3 slots.
Perhaps we need to put Hero points into the weapon to unlock Wyr, thus why only one slot is not red?
Or we need to unlock the ability to use higher level Wyr.
And the different shapes just represent the level/rarity of Wyr that are able to go in the slot as far as I know, universal for all items.

But that's just a guess, no doubt some things are wrong. And no doubt we won't find out for a few months.

Good guesses, Arremus.

Maybe the red Wyr slots mean that you must be higher level than just 9 to use them? So, a level 9 weapon could be more useful than just at level 9....

Puzzling. Conspicuously absent from that screenshot are any numerical stats. There is no +3, or 25/22, or 2.6, or anything where I can guage the lethality of one weapon from another. :blink: I wonder what's up with that?

Originally posted by Redfang@May 27 2006, 06:48 PM
Puzzling. Conspicuously absent from that screenshot are any numerical stats. There is no +3, or 25/22, or 2.6, or anything where I can guage the lethality of one weapon from another. :blink: I wonder what's up with that?
That is due to the fact that weapons will, to my knowledge, be no better than another, initially. Adding Wyr to them is what sets them apart. This way, you can weild a staff, 1h sword, 2h sword etc, and not be penalized because "a mage should not be weilding a sword!". B)

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Jaraeth+May 28 2006, 01:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaraeth @ May 28 2006, 01:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Redfang@May 27 2006, 06:48 PM
Puzzling. Conspicuously absent from that screenshot are any numerical stats. There is no +3, or 25/22, or 2.6, or anything where I can guage the lethality of one weapon from another.  :blink:  I wonder what's up with that?
That is due to the fact that weapons will, to my knowledge, be no better than another, initially. Adding Wyr to them is what sets them apart. This way, you can weild a staff, 1h sword, 2h sword etc, and not be penalized because "a mage should not be weilding a sword!". B)

~ Jaraeth [/b][/quote]
Ok, I have a follow up question. :rolleyes:

Suppose I find a neato sword. I put some wyr on it. A few days go by and I find a sword I like better. The trouble is, now all my wyr are on the first sword. I wonder if I can take them off the first sword and put them on the new sword, or are they stuck on there like bubble gum to the underside of a school desk?

Ok, I have a follow up question.

Suppose I find a neato sword. I put some wyr on it. A few days go by and I find a sword I like better. The trouble is, now all my wyr are on the first sword. I wonder if I can take them off the first sword and put them on the new sword, or are they stuck on there like bubble gum to the underside of a school desk?
-------------------

Some Wyr will be removeable and transferable, but others will not. The more powerful wyr will be less likely removeable.

Originally posted by Gron@May 27 2006, 07:32 PM

-------------------

Some Wyr will be removeable and transferable, but others will not. The more powerful wyr will be less likely removeable.
What Gron said ;)

Some Wyr can be removed, some Wyr will only be useable so many times before being used up, and some can never be removed: used once, gone forever.

~ Jaraeth

PS: Gron, there's a "quote" button in the upper right of each post so you can quote it without copy/paste ;)

Originally posted by Jaraeth+May 28 2006, 02:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaraeth @ May 28 2006, 02:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gron@May 27 2006, 07:32 PM

-------------------

What Gron said ;)

Some Wyr can be removed, some Wyr will only be useable so many times before being used up, and some can never be removed: used once, gone forever.

~ Jaraeth

PS: Gron, there's a "quote" button in the upper right of each post so you can quote it without copy/paste ;) [/b][/quote]
Wow, thanks!

Originally posted by Arremus@May 27 2006, 06:26 PM
As a complete guesstimate, I'd say:

The 0 and the 9 are level required to use.
Thus why the 0 weapon (beginner axe) has no Wyr, and the level 9 weapon has 3 slots.

But that's just a guess, no doubt some things are wrong. And no doubt we won't find out for a few months.
I am going to go out on a limb and suggest something.

What if 0 and 9 are the levels of the actual weapon, and the combination of the blue and the red slots is the maximum potential of that weapon.

The more you use the weapon, the higher level it gets, the more wyr slots open up.

Back