Family Holes (2003)

I feel the book is definately worth reading. It is really really easy, and it is just a good story. It doesn't have any deep deep meaning, or hard story line to follow. It won the Newbury award in 1998 I think myabe 1999. I don't know, but it is a good book.

Nad said:
I feel the book is definately worth reading. It is really really easy, and it is just a good story. It doesn't have any deep deep meaning, or hard story line to follow. It won the Newbury award in 1998 I think myabe 1999. I don't know, but it is a good book.
I really agree with Nad. Im a avid reader and that book was like AWESOME!!!!!!!!!and of course i un-stapled my mouth just to come and talk here again.

timmy :blink:

Well, I'm going to a early release of Holes on Thursday night at 10:00. One of my guy friends works at the theatre and pulled some strings. I'm not Lord of the Rings excited. Moreso interested in how the show will be.

Yeah, I am pretty lucky. I'm so interested as to how they'll do such a movie. I'll be out pretty late though. We may go out for dinner before or for some icecream afterwards. I think it will be good.

Ironic, I'm watching the Today show write now and jsut as I posted their movie critic came on. He LOVED it. He said Holes was Wholey enjoyable, he "dug" it. OK take away the corny jokes and he liked it. This guy was critical of LOTR, so I'm even more excited. The movie looks great!!!

Well, it is amazing. I felt that they followed the book extremely well. LaBeaouf(ignore my horrible spelling) did an awesome job. It is well worth the money and time. I'll post more later.

USA Today gave Holes a 3.5 star rating, the exact same as The Two Towers. It is extremely good and did quite well, the distributer was hoping for 11 million, they got 17.1 million the first week out. The company is thrilled since the movie took 20 million to make.

Tidbit: The cast had to do a few weeks of basic training before filming, and had to dig tons of real holes (average size 3 feet deep 5 feet wide) while filming.