Home to Stay

I think it's funny that Sydney made Michael sit through her trying on clothes. She's showing him how the non-celebs live. No personal shoppers. No personal assistants. No comps.

I also like how Nadia just held out her hand and told him, "Gimmie some money."

Chris

you know, its ironic
i started writing being 'the angst queen' and having, well, lots of angst and now i'm getting away from writing lots of angst... at least, angst that lasts for long periods of time
*sigh* i guess deep down i'm a fluff lovin' girl :P
With the lack of fluff and no Vaughn for most of Season 5, I think we all needed fluff from the fics.

I loved Nadia mocking Michael. I wonder what Nadia's reaction will be to the details of Sydney and Michael's fight.

I hope she does get to visit the movie set.

“HEYYY Movie Star!!! Gimmie some money,” Nadia greeted Michael the moment he walked in the house with her hand outstretched.

---

“Gee, thanks Captain Detail. You maybe wanna elaborate a bit?” Nadia asked, groaning slightly.

---

“Yeah, sure, slow my ass,” Nadia muttered. “So when are ya gettin’ married? OH! Can we invite lots of celebrities to the wedding?”
Nadia, Nadia, Nadia. Sooo soooo funny! i just love her.

fluff... for a while. :lol:

Chapter 21
The following day was a perfect day, temperature wise, anyway. The sun wasn’t too hot and there was a pleasant light breeze in the air, so, Sydney and Michael sat outside on his parents back porch, their feet propped up on the railing as they watched the clouds floating by above them. “This is nice,” Michael sighed.

Sydney squinted over to him with a smile, “Very.”

“What are you two losers doing?” Nadia asked as she walked onto the Vaughn’s deck, interrupting Sydney and Michael’s bliss with her snarky attitude.

“What are you doing loser? Do you even have a job?” Michael retorted.

“Do you? Oh that’s right, you have fifty million dollars so you never have to work again,” Nadia said before smacking him on the back of his head out of pure spite. He jumped and nearly slammed his face into the porch railing when his chair flipped forward. Nadia snorted with laughter.

“I don’t have fifty million dollars,” he corrected while rubbing the back of his skull.

“Suuuuure,” Nadia rolled her eyes, unconvinced.

“What are you doing here?” Sydney asked, annoyed.

“Well, Mom forced me to go to the supermarket this morning to get some felgercarb and as I was standing in the checkout line, low and behold, right in front of me was a picture of my sister on the front of the Star,” Nadia said.

“WHAT?!” Sydney screeched and stood up so quickly that the chair she was sitting on flipped backwards and clattered onto the deck.

“Oh yeah totally. I did a double take, because you’ve got the hat and sunglasses on, but I recognized your purse because it’s hideous,” Nadia grimaced.

Sydney ignored her last comment; there were more important issues at hand. “Did you buy it?! I NEED to see this!” she screeched.

“Of course I bought it,” Nadia grinned, pulling the magazine out from behind her back. Sydney snatched it quickly and gaped in horror at the cover of the tabloid in her hand. There she was, walking out of the airport, her hand linked with Michaels and it was on the front of a magazine cover with the headline “Vaughn’s New Love!” She quickly turned to page six, like the cover suggested and let out a tiny squeak. There, not only were there the airport pictures, but also pictures of them at Venice Beach. Then, stupidly, she began to skim the article.

Michael Vaughn, hot up and coming star of next month’s Vindicated was spotted at various spots in the Los Angeles area this past weekend with an unidentified woman. The two of them arrived at LAX via private jet on Saturday morning and were spotted later that afternoon at famed Venice Beach. A source close to Vaughn tells Star exclusively that, “They’re very hot and heavy. It’s a lustful romance; they can’t keep their hands off each other.” Vaughn, whose last major public breakup was with actress Melanie Lane, has recently been out of the dating spotlight due to a hectic work schedule. Perhaps this heartthrob has finally found someone to come home to.

“Oh my god LOOK AT THIS!” Sydney screeched, holding the magazine out to Michael.

“Oh no,” he said quickly covering his eyes as though what he was about to see would scar his vision permanently. “I have a strict no tabloids policy.”

“Luckily,” Nadia said, taking the magazine back, “I don’t. I think we should hang this up on the mantle at home… Oh! No, even better! We should blow it up and highlight the lustful, hot and heavy romance part. Dad will just looooooove that,” she beamed.

“Lustful, hot and heavy romance?” Michael asked.

“That’s what that stupid piece of felgercarb says,” Sydney muttered, setting her chair upright once more.

“Exactly why I,” Michael paused to settle himself back into his chair, feet propped up on the railing once more, “don’t read them. Life is much simpler that way.”

“Yeah, especially when you can pay people to read them for you,” Nadia laughed. Michael glared at her. “Well, I’m off… gotta hang this up and then pack my stuff.”

“Where are you going? Did you get that job in DC?” Sydney asked her.

“Nah, the Smithsonian didn’t want me. I got a job in Philly though. I start in two weeks,” she grinned. “Which means I need… an apartment…felgercarb… Oh! I know! Michael will you take me to LA and hold my hand so that I can get into a tabloid too and then sell my story about how you loved me and left me with a baby and lots of emotional baggage and get millions of dollars on a book deal?” she asked hopefully.

Sydney and Michael exchanged silent looks. “I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that,” he sighed. Nadia grumbled and stomped off.

“Can you even imagine what she’d be like out there with all the celebrities?” Sydney asked with a laugh.

“I fear even the thought of that,” Michael said truthfully. Sydney laughed and nodded. “Hey… that cloud looks like a lobster, doesn’t it?” he asked, pointing towards the sky.

Sydney tilted her head to the side and looked towards where Michael was pointing. “Kinda…. You know what that reminds me of, though?” she asked, grinning.

He turned to look at her, his grin matching hers, “Absolutely.”

~*~

-April, 1998-

“It’s so pretty today,” she sighed. It was a prefect spring day in the first week of April. School was only a half day that day, so in the afternoon, Sydney and Michael spread a blanket out across the ground in Michael’s back yard. They had been sitting there, working on their homework, for about half an hour, when Sydney announced that she was too bored to finish. She then lay down on her back and began staring up at the sky.

“Not as pretty as you,” he said.

She looked over and laughed at his adorable grin, “Cheesy line.”

He shrugged. “I bet you that you can’t guess what I think that cloud looks like,” he told her.

Sydney looked up towards the soft blue sky peppered with clouds. “Which one?” she laughed.

“There, straight up,” he gestured towards the sky.

She turned her head to the side and groaned. “I dunno… it looks like a cloud.”

“You’re really bad at this game.”

“Shut up!” she laughed, hitting his arm lightly. Then, she looked back up at the sky, concentrating intently on the cloud Michael had gestured to. “Uh… I dunno, a dog?”

“NO! It looks like Mrs. Krantz,” he said, referring to the drama teacher at their high school. Sydney laughed loudly. “Although, I suppose your answer could be acceptable.”

“You’re so mean to her,” Sydney laughed.

“Yeah, but that’s only because if she pinches my cheeks one more time I’m gonna punch her. I mean, seriously, can’t she just give me a handshake, or a hug? But nooooooo, she has to pinch my cheeks like she’s my eighty year old grandmother and even SHE doesn’t do that!”

“I know,” Sydney laughed. “So… I won. What’s my prize?”

He grinned slyly and rolled over on top of her, kissing her sweetly. She giggled softly, wrapping her arms around his back. He pulled back and looked at her questioningly, “I’m not crushing you, am I?”

“No,” she giggled.

“Oh good,” he smiled before attacking her lips once more.

They were interrupted from their kissing activities a few minutes later by Mrs. Vaughn shrieking, “Oh my goodness! Michael Christian!!!”

“Moooom,” Michael groaned, rolling off of Sydney as she sat up, blushing furiously with embarrassment. “We weren’t doing anything! It’s the middle of the back yard…”

“Exactly! This is the middle of the back yard!! Neighbors can see you, Michael! What do you think they’d be thinking if they saw you?!” his mother demanded.

A devilish grin crossed his face. “Probably that Sydney and I were-” Sydney clamped her hand over his mouth, saving him from himself and his mother’s wrath.

“It won’t happen again,” she assured his mother.

“Sheesh, you’re no fun,” Michael grumbled once his mother had gone.

“That was horrible!” she groaned, covering her face with her hands.

“Nah, we were clothed,” he smiled. She smacked him.

Dude Nadia is always coming up with hilarious stuff. Sucks that they are in a tabloid, but it happens when you date a celeb. The flashback was cute too.
Great update

Back