Home to Stay

that is such a Janet-esque way of bringing up sex.

"why are you still dressed?" OMG, that is hilarious. fantastic!

while 'they're at church', hahahhaha

HA that was great!!!! :lol:
-I mean seriously....Nadia could've at least locked the door!!!
But I love how Syd just asked him why he was still dressed!!! Too funny!!!! :woot:
-Loved it!! Great update!!

While Irina is praying for Nadia's salvation, Sydney and Vaughn are planning on declaring 'hallelujah'! :angelic:

Chris

Loved the flashback.

I forgot to say before the last chapter, I guess Michael calling Sydney his "lovely date" at the premier actually did keep the paparazzi away from her.

^_^

“I mean… I think we should… you know. It’s just…I think it’s the right time for us to… express our love in that way.”

He gave her a smile. “Well, that was much more eloquent then ‘why are you still dressed?’”
Hahahaha loved it :D

Aly..x

the last chapter was so hilarious, especially how Syd was like OMG I'm blind!!!! and then she's like "why are you still dressed?!" :lol: I can't wait to read today's chapter.

-erin :smiley:

sorry for the delay guys - verizon dsl was out for like half the friggin state <_<

Chapter 30

-July, 2006-

The next morning, Sydney groaned loudly when Michael slid out of bed at seven thirty a.m. He went directly to the shower, allowing her to roll over and attempt to fall back asleep, until she realized that if she was going to go with him, she needed to be dressed as well. Luckily, she had showered the night before in an attempt to quiet her giggles (which thankfully worked).

“What are you doing?” Michael asked Sydney through a yawn when he emerged from the freakishly tiny shower in the trailer.

“Um… going with you…,” she said in an ‘isn’t it obvious’ way. “Am I not allowed to see you pretty-ized like a girl?”

“Okay, first, I’m not going to be pretty-ized like a girl,” he corrected firmly, not appreciating her grin. “Second…I don’t think you want to come to set today,” he cringed slightly.

“Why?”

“Well… we’re filming the love scene,” he said, cringing even more.

She shrugged. “So? I never had a problem with your love scenes when I watched them in movies. Besides, this will be even more ridiculous since the cameras, lights and microphones will be there.”

“Yes… but…. This love scene is rather… um, graphic,” he told her.

“Aw, do I get to see your tushie again so soon?” she grinned.

He laughed out of pure nervousness. The fact that she found this amusing wasn’t helping the situation. “No… I’m not the one that’s going to be naked…”

“Oh,” Sydney’s smile faded slightly. Seeing Michael’s ‘tushie’ would have been amusing, but she really wasn’t in the mood to see Rain’s that early in the morning. “Would me being there bring Rain’s ginormous ego down any?”

“Mmm, probably not,” he said, doubting anything short of removing one of her limbs could do that. “I don’t care if you come, I’m just warning you because you might… you know, freak a bit.”

“No freaking, I promise,” Sydney said sincerely. She truly believed that too. After all, she knew it was acting. She knew Michael had absolutely no feelings for Rain whatsoever. Well, he did have feelings along the ‘I want to choke you’ side, but that really wasn’t relevant in this case. It was simply acting, no different than throwing a punch to make it look real, but in actuality one person’s fist never came in contact with the other person’s face.

At five to eight, Sydney and Michael set off towards the make up trailer. Sydney watched in utter amusement as make up was applied to Michael’s face, chest and back (since he was going to be shirtless). Occasionally, Sydney would let out a tiny snort and Michael would glare at her using the mirror.

“You have lipstick on,” Sydney laughed and pointed at Michael as they walked towards the cabin, where the love scene was being filmed.

“I do not have lipstick on,” he growled.

“Yes you do. I saw Morgan put stuff on your lips,” she said, referring to the make up artist.

“It wasn’t lipstick. It was just stuff.”

“Suuuuuure. Stuff,” she winked dramatically.

“You’re enjoying this far too much,” he mumbled. She let out a happy giggle; she really was. She had absolutely no plans of ever letting him forget the fact that, while filming, he wears girly make up.

When they entered the very cramped cabin, Sydney could see exactly what Michael meant when he earlier explained that it was practically unusable. Rustic would have been an understatement. The exterior was obviously worn and weathered as were the floor boards on the interior. A simple coal stove stood in the one corner that doubled as a heater and a cooking device. Along the front wall, crooked wooden shelves lined the wall. They were empty except for a few rusted tin cans.

Only two feet of space inside the door was clear before wires, cameras and lights took over. They were all crammed into the tight space practically butting up against each other. Sydney wondered how filming under such conditions was even possible, let alone practical, but apparently it was. The bedroom area of the cabin was the only space that looked actually rather nice.

The double bed, draped in a white, fluffy comforter was pushed up against the back wall of the cabin. The bed also had a canopy that was draped with white lace. Across the floor was a matching white area rug. Sydney noticed that there were a few candles surrounding the area as well, but it was difficult to tell because of the blinding glow of the lighting equipment.

Sydney hung back while Michael stepped forward, cautiously walking through the equipment to get to the ‘bedroom’ area. It was only a few minutes before Rain walked in, dressed in a t-shirt and knee-length skirt, the same outfit she had been wearing in all the scenes Sydney had seen being filmed (which made sense since they all took place on the same day). As Rain made her way to the bedroom, which was still being set up by the prop crew, Sydney glanced at a nearby script to see what exactly the scene entailed.

In the scene, Simon and Amy had just returned from her spill near the stream. She was sitting up on the bed while he put a cold washcloth on her ankle (apparently, they had no ice). As he’s taking care of her, they start talking and things become a little… hot and heavy. Clearing her throat slightly, Sydney put the script down and prepared herself for the worst.

It was about ten minutes before the actual filming began. The blindingly bright lights were dimmed and Rain climbed up on the bed just as the director shouted action. The first time thought, they only got through five lines before Rain messed up and they had to start again. Then, as the scene progressed Sydney began pressing herself tighter and tighter up against the wall, her fist clenched so tightly her nails were digging into her palm.

She was fine through the soft talking. She was alright when Simon and Amy started to kiss. She was even on the borderline of okay when Simon removed Amy’s top and then Amy removed his. But, the moment Simon removed Amy’s bra and began touching her, Sydney lost it. She felt as though a knife was twisting painfully in her gut the whole time and she had the feeling as though she was passing a car wreck along the side of the road: she knew she should turn away, but something in her was forcing her to stare at it in horror. Finally, when Michael/Simon’s lips began to travel southward from Amy’s lips, she had to look away, begging for the director to say cut so she could escape the cabin. There was no way she could make it through another take of that scene.

When the director did say ‘cut’, she burst out of the cabin as fast as she could and took off running towards Michael’s trailer. By the time she reached it, she was in tears, so she simply crawled back into bed and hugged her pillow tightly.

OK I don't think it was a good idea for her to go to the set!!!!
-She knew it was acting...she shouldn't be that upset!!
I'm sure Vaughn will comfort her!!!
-Great update!! Loved it!!

I can understand that it is hard because she had just been seeing Michael and her having a future together.
I am sure that it looked reallly real and she just kind of lost it.
Poor Syd!

He did warn her.
She should have taken a book with her to read so she would have a distraction so she wouldn't have to watch.

Back