Honda unleashes 49-foot-tall Asimo robot on the world

Robby

Helper Bot
Honda unleashes 49-foot-tall Asimo robot on the world

DVICE said:
49-foot-tall-Honda-Asimo.jpg

Honda is celebrating its 50th anniversary of doing business in the U.S. and the automaker is doing it in a major way: with a 49-foot-tall replica of its famous Asimo robot. The bipedal giant will serve as the company's float during the Rose Parade in Pasadena, California on Jan. 1, complete with a jolly top hat and pimp-bot cane.

Of course, because it's the Rose Parade, all of the floats are made out of crazy stuff:
Honda's float creation called 'Hats Off in Celebration' will be completed with natural materials like lettuce seed, rice, carnations and strawflower… The Honda float includes a variety of flowers, plants and seeds that will later be ground up for mulch after the parade activities are concluded. The surface of ASIMO will be covered with super fine ground white rice; it is accented by fine cut blue statice and fine cut red statice as well as silverleaf to create accents and "shadows."

Giant Asimo is mounted atop a stage so it won't be walking around (a shame, really), but we're told it's animated, so at least its arms work. Honda will also provide the "first-ever hydrogen-powered fuel cell pace car" to the parade — which sounds as green as all the floats made from flowers.

Via Honda
(Via DVICE)

It is a shame that it just a mock-up of the Asimo robot instead of an actual 49' version of it. If that really a 49' robot with the capabilities of the real Asimo, the residents of California would be soon bowing down their new Japanese Robot Overlords. :ROFLMAO:

Next honda releases a 50 foot tall walking robot. Then 100 foot tall walking robot with lasers on its freakin head and then the apocalypse.

i want one of two thing:
-either the Planters Peanut mascot and this thing fight each other on the streets of Tokyo
-or the Planters Peanut mascot sues Asimo in mascot court or copyright infringement.

if not either, then i want both of then to do "Singing in the Rain" together. .. on the streets of Tokyo.Glad to see that Honda is spending its money on something really important after pulling of AMA superbike racing, The Honda Hoot, F1 and now rumors of Moto GP. Sad to see a company go so bad.I just love Asimo, it has been on my Christmas list for over 5 years now. It drive's my husband crazy, because if he could he would love to get me one. Maybe someday. Anyway, I would love to hear and see more about this fantastic Robot. It is truly amazing.

It is a shame that it just a mock-up of the Asimo robot instead of an actual 49' version of it. If that really a 49' robot with the capabilities of the real Asimo, the residents of California would be soon bowing down their new Japanese Robot Overlords. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like such a gem of a spot mate! I love the look of those big old trees running along the banks.
Great to see the bass are still in there growing big and fat!

Back