Hopefully HJ will be published in a box.

I'd prefer a box if it is available here (Germany) in time.
I usually read just the story-part of the manual and like to figure out the rest for myself. Even if it means screaming "What? I can do that?" when I've been lvl 50 for months. A nice cloth map like all the Ultima Games had would be nice. :smiley:

Downloading would also be ok; if it's done right. Pre-loading should be obligatory. Or you could download a rather small client that contains the first few zones. As soon as the powergamers hit the limit of that area, make a new package of zones available. Should save alot of congestion.

With all that said, I'm still concerned about the payment methods. I hope they think of all the Non-Americans where Credit Cards aren't that popular.
And I'm still not sure if I rather want to play on international/american servers (with all you guys ^^) or german/european ones if they are available.

I vote both.

When the game comes out, I'll want it that nanosecond, so a download would make me happy.

On the other hand, like with WoW, I wanted the collectors edition box. If HJ had one, I'd buy it.

Originally posted by Javewa@May 17 2006, 09:44 PM
I'd prefer a box if it is available here (Germany) in time.
I like having an actual CD for the games I have for all kinds of reasons like changing computers, etc. But knowing that Simultronics is not the biggest company in the world, and that I live on the wrong side of the atlantic, I would very much hope that they have download as an option, so I can play from the get go.

Both would be best. The box for the sole fact that I do not know how they plan to market the game. As an ex Gamestop employee I notice many customers just come in and look at what is there. A lot of people do not follow gaming news and just leave their purchases up to what looks good in the store.

I also like having the disc. In case I want to install it on another computer or when I format (its just faster.) I also like having a manual and cool box.

Though for those overseas downloading it would be nice so they could play first day without simultaneous worldwide release.

Czi

(I understand this may not actually answer the question)

Gamestop in kind of annoyng though. They have great deals and all but the employees can sometimes shove everything in your face and force you to buy all these deals and stuff.

I know this is off-topic so lets not keep it here, but if they want to keep their jobs they will keep doing that. We were constantly pressured to push and suggest anything and everything to a customer buying ANYTHING. Although they never FORCE you to do anything. I once tried to sell a guy a used game discount card with his purchase of 150 dollars of used games... which cost 10 dollars... and would have saved him 15... meaning he would have saved 5 dollars that day even if he never used it again, and he wouldn't, so I didn't sell it to him (sometimes there is something to it.)

"Would you be interested in buying a Refurbished Xbox with your batteries? How about this Nintendo car antenna cap?"

Now just so it is semi-related to the actual topic:

I hope I can reserve it in store and get a cool T-shirt or something!

Czi

Forget some of the reasons here, there are three great reasons to get the box if they have one:
1. If the game rocks, it's a collectors item,
2. hopefully with all of the time Simu has put into the game, I would like to see what WoW did which is to come with a "making of" DVD. I'm a software engineer (but I specialize in the business side of software) and I think the guys who work the graphics, modeling, etc. are just awesome. i would love to see their work as they are doing it
3. If the lore of Elanthia is going to be very detailed, maybe the boxed version will have some type of lore book to help immerse the players - US!

Well, i must have some really annoying people at my gamestop then. I have this manager there who looks like that FPS doug guy and he's just as equally annoying and in-your-face.

Internet download... cuz once it's out, I will want it and not want to wait.
Box... cuz I want the cd's in case my HD's fail... my burner already did :(
... and because the artwork is usually fairly nice on games these days. I like the WoW and Guild Wars boxes. Not to mention, a collectors edition would be sweet!

~ Jaraeth

Daax, I am jealous of you and your Gamestop manager.

FPS DOUG is SO cool!

And back on topic.

I say both, just because it will cater to both groups. Restricting it to one might disenchant some people. Im not sure which I'd Use, depending on the DL time, I would probably get the box. Unless the DL was fairly short. I like the artwork, manual, and boxes, and CD. Just makes me feel safe, like a security blanket.

Back