Horror films

i love scary movies . .the Stephen King and Wes Craven ones are all good and scary but i dunno what the scariest one i have seen since i have seen so many

I like scary movies, but they don't usually scare me. Unfortunately, though, I usually have to wait until the movie comes to HBO/Starz/Showtime or go by myself because they give my husband nightmares! I thought Frailty was particularly good, but I haven't seen The Ring yet.

Actually, I found The Shining with Nicholson to be more comic than scary, and it took out the parts of the book that I thought were the most important to the story (and the neatest). Sadly, Misery does a 180 on the whole point of the original book--how annoying! The best Stephen King adaptations? Stand by Me (The Body), The Dead Zone, The Shawshank Redemption (Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption), The Green Mile--and an honorable mention for Pet Sematary, in which the actors tried harder than the production.

The door-knocking scene in the original The Haunting (1963) is actually pretty tingly, and the movie's based on one of the scariest novels I've read, The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson. Unfortunately, they didn't put enough of the book into the movie, though.

Unfortunately, the majority of scary movies tend to be unimaginative and disappointing, but the increasing production values lately (The Sixth Sense, The Others) are encouraging. Better films are coming out more frequently.

Well, too long. Anyway, there's some suggestions.
;)

I thought that The Sixth Sense was pretty freaky. Especially sense the first time I saw it was with my two best friends at midnight. I absoulutely LOVED Scream! It wasn't scary at all. And I also saw Disappearence which was sooo good and not scary. I saw part of Stigmata but had to turn it off b/c I was too scared. But the scariest movie I've ever seen was Pet Cemetery. Watch that one if you really want to be scared.That was last year and I still have nightmares from that one! If anyone's interested I'll be glad to tell you a little on what it's about!

The sixth sense was so cool, especially since I figured out the red thing... now whenever it is cold and someone is wearing red I freak out ^_^

I really wanna see the exorcist and the ring, are they any good?

Gah!! Poltergeist is scary! Hm...Sixth SEnse wasn't that scary. IT was pretty much the idea that was scary. But I don't ever want to watch The Ring! Never!

I liked I Know What You Did Last Summer it's one of my favorite movies. It's not really that scary though, but it technically goes under the "horror" category. I thought Scream was scary, but I didn't like it much, I didn't find much of a plot.

Stephen King's "It"(I saw this when I was younger and looking at it a few years later though, I realized that it was so not :rolleyes: ......till this day though clowns freak me out!!) :confused:
Stephen King's "The Stand" was also scary.

I havent seen a really good scary movie that has scared the felgercarb out of me in years. The movies that freaked me out the most were:
Poltergeist
Candy Man
Freddy Krooger movies
Scream 1 (I was in the 6th grade hehe)
Halloween 1 & 2

Thats all I can think of right now. Man did those movies scare the bejesus out of me.

Rose Red scared me half to death. We watched it in my science class because after Finals last year because we have like a week of school but no class after finals and it was so scary. Or maybe just bloody. Or maybe both. Let's just say I had troubled sleeping.

i love watching scary movies but i don't get to see many because no one ever wants to see them with me. :(

but definitely, the scariest movie ever has to be nightmare on elm street. when i was ten, i made the mistake of watching a freddy krueger telethon. i was terrified to go to the bathroom by myself. and i was so scared to sleep in bed because i thought the bed would implode and spew out blood.

and the exorcist is laughable, not scary at ALL. one of my roommates and i rented it last year and prepared ourselves to get the bejeesus scared out of us but we ended up nodding off toward the end. the wax statue of linda blair in the wax museum is scarier than the entire movie.

Back