Horror films

I thought the Exorcist (the old one) was just disturbing..not very scary, just very disturbing! Especially the part where she takes the cross....*shudder* ew ew ew 🇳🇴

verdantheart said:
Finally saw a little horror movie called feardotcom, which finally came to cable (I believe it's playing on Cinemax) (yes, my husband still doesn't like horror movies, and he came in during the final minutes to tell me how "sick" this one was . . . Yes, thank you, dear, I know . . . :rolleyes: ). This one is rightly rated R ("for violence including grisly images of torture, nudity and language").

Sadly, as usual, the casting of Jeffrey Combs translated into the underuse of his talents ( :angry: ), and the story had the usual horror-movie shortcomings. However, this one had some incredibly striking (if sick and disturbing) nightmarish imagery--perhaps what The Cell aimed for but fell short of (guess it's harder to get what you want when a studio is looking over your shoulder going, Don't mess with JLo's career! ^_^ ).

Upshot, I thought that if you like horror films--especially if you're into mood/atmosphere--it might be worth it. There's a lot wrong with the film, but the performances aren't bad (the bad guy and the vengeful ghost are really quite good--Combs would be too, but they don't give him enough to do) and the imagery and effects are startling (if disturbing).

But remember that this puppy is R-rated for a reason. If you get nightmares from films, this is one that might do it.
;)
i saw that movie last month or so, and i got bored...i wasnt paying much attention to it, but it definitely deserved the R rating from what i watched

VaughnFan13 said:
i got bored...i wasnt paying much attention to it, but it definitely deserved the R rating from what i watched
Yep, it's definitely an atmospheric. You have to pay attention and let it draw you in--it's not going to grab you by the throat (unless you are taken by the imagery). I can definitely see being bored by it.
;)

Everybody said The Ring was supposed to be really scary so I was basically scared the whole movie because I was waiting for something scary to happen... when I look back it wasn't that scary and I think feardotcom was pretty much the same.

The scariest movie I've seen so far is Darkness Falls.... that movie just freaked me out and the killer being called the toothfairy didn't help.... I was glad that I lost all my baby teeth before I saw that movie :hide:

im a scaredy cat! i get scared by anything so i like never watch them. even when my friends allgo to the movies i dont go. lol but i thought the six sense was scary and i know the whole story and details of the ring and the scariest movie i've ever seen was IT i say it on halloween a couple of years ago and then that night saw the six sense. SCARY! i couldn't sleep by my self for a year!

I LOVE horror films :D I like to be afraid.

The last horror film that I saw was Amityville Horror. I liked it.
But the best scary movie of all is the Ring, unfortunately I have seen it so many times it doesn't scare me anymore (n) The Exorcist was a bit funny, yep :D

Here are my fav's

The Birds
Not much for Psycho, but this movie is great! Never thought birds attacking could be so scary.
A

Carrie
The horrors of high school! Quite good, especially the prom scene where Carrie lets loose.
A-

Candyman
Silly title, but a good underrated horror film.
B+

Scream
I've only seen the edited version, but it's scary and funny.
B+

The Sixth Sense
I saw this in the theater all by myself and I was so scared!
A

The Ring
Not scary, but definitely creepy. I love the look of the film.
A-

Signs
A lot of people diss this film, but I love it. Very subtle.
A-

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
I actually prefer this to the original. Very violent and fast moving.
B+

Has anyone seen Wolf Creek? It's really nasty but I really like it. Wolf Creek and the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre are two of my all time favorite horror movies. I want to see that new movie Pulse with Christina Millian.

I'm a big film buff so I have seen a fair few horror films, The Ring as everyone has mentioned was freaky, didnt scare me though lol, dont scare easily, The Grudge was just too weird and the noise that was made in the film...I hate hearing that! The Exorcist was kinda scary, the bit with the priest getting impaled...(shudder). I loved IT....I first saw it when I was 12 and it scared the s*** outta me! The Stand is awesome, but I didnt find it scary. Pet Semetary is a class film. Where as The Ring is great...the sequel is felgercarb! The Hellraiser films were good, gotta love Pinhead! Freddy Kruger's films were good the first 3 anyway lol.

Most recent one I saw goes near the top of my list....Silent Hill, just like the game, genuinely freaky!!

I've probably seen some more that have been mentioned, all the King films were great! Honorable mentions to The Omen trilogy as well.

I'd love to watch one with any future girlfreinds, horror films are great to watch with a lass, I'm always there to protect them if they get too scared :cool: , maybe at end of month I may be able to if theres any at the cinema, I've hopefully got a date then well its a double date, *fingers crossed*

I'm a big film buff so I have seen a fair few horror films, The Ring as everyone has mentioned was freaky, didnt scare me though lol, dont scare easily, The Grudge was just too weird and the noise that was made in the film...I hate hearing that! The Exorcist was kinda scary, the bit with the priest getting impaled...(shudder). I loved IT....I first saw it when I was 12 and it scared the s*** outta me! The Stand is awesome, but I didnt find it scary. Pet Semetary is a class film. Where as The Ring is great...the sequel is felgercarb! The Hellraiser films were good, gotta love Pinhead! Freddy Kruger's films were good the first 3 anyway lol.

Most recent one I saw goes near the top of my list....Silent Hill, just like the game, genuinely freaky!!

I've probably seen some more that have been mentioned, all the King films were great! Honorable mentions to The Omen trilogy as well.

I'd love to watch one with any future girlfreinds, horror films are great to watch with a lass, I'm always there to protect them if they get too scared :cool: , maybe at end of month I may be able to if theres any at the cinema, I've hopefully got a date then well its a double date, *fingers crossed*
Yeah my girlfriend loves going to horror movies with me. My last girlfriend didn't but my new one Shaquana loves them.

I don't know if i can post this here but i'm sttarting a new forum for Wolf Creek and other horror movies and wondered if anyone would want to help me. I'm looking for admins now because I just started the site. Thanx. http://z3.invisionfree.com/Wolf_Creek/index.php?act=idx

I love to watch horror movies. My favorite horror movie is "A Nightmare on Elm Street". I love this movie.. :smiley:

Back