Horse lover's clique

hehe! no, its a common thing where i am! I'm in England where random horses are on the road all the time! quite strange, i live near to where there's a lot of racing and horses are about all the time, gettin in the way!

Espionage said:
hehe! no, its a common thing where i am! I'm in England where random horses are on the road all the time! quite strange, i live near to where there's a lot of racing and horses are about all the time, gettin in the way!
That's crazy!...I've seen maybe 6 horses in my entire life!

I LOVE HORSES!!!!!! i have one and she is lovely!
Her name id Opal and she is a new forest cross German race horse!
she is a bay with a snip and a star! three socks
she is loverly! she loves to canter towards me and my mum when she wants to come in at night so she isn't on her own and neighs like stink when u walk towards her field with food or a headcollar!

i have never heard the breen new forest but maybe its' just me. Where are you from cause by the way you wrote it doesn't sound north american.
--Mandy :angelic:

The New forest is an area in England, so im guessing the horse is from there? I know bout the New forest not coz im a geog geek (don't get worried!!) but coz im from a sunny but cold England! hehe

Glad I found this clique! I love horses too! I've been riding for quite a while and am looking to buy my first horse within the next few years! I can't wait!

Does anyone else find jumping exhilarating? I feel like I'm flying!! It's soo much fun! I love it!

OMG I'm sooo sad :'( I'm gonna miss the Kentucky Derby!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's not fair, stupid Band trip! and i'm gonna miss the second to last episode of the season too! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh
GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*sigh* *cries*
--mandy :angelic:

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! well, i suggest u juz relax, take a breath and have a good cup of tea on me! :coffee: (English tradition an all!) :P :cheers:

New Forest pony! I used to lease a pony who was part New Forest, part who-knows-what. Her name was Osh Kosh, and she was red roan, with a blaze on her face. I was leasing her to retrain after she threw a little girl off into a wall of the indoor arena. She had once been a great show pony, but this one obnoxious brat bought her and yanked on her mouth a whole lot, and eventually ruined her. So she sold her to the stable to be a school pony, only, that didn't work out. So she ended up in my care, and I had to convince her that it wasn't so bad to have someone ride her. For a while, riding her was like riding a bronco, but she only managed to throw me off once (actually, that's why I was elected to work with her... I stick on bucking horses really well). Eventually, she came around. Sadly, this story has a really sad ending, because I ended up moving soon after, and about a year later, the whole stable burned down (it was all over the horse world... the place was called Breakaway Farm and it was in NY), and all 31 horses there died. Including my very favorite Herbie, who I never did worse than 3rd with in horse shows.
Anyways, I've been riding on and off ever since... though things aren't quite the same (obviously). But I still love horses, and have since I can remember. I'm taking lessons now, but I'm not sure I like the stable I'm at now... I just started there. My instructor is kinda mean! But she's teaching using the forward riding technique, and I really like that!
And yes, Sarkie, I looooove jumping. I LIVE for jumping! It is most definately like flying. With my beloved Herbie, I was jumping 3'6" and triple oxers. I've regressed a lot since then. Last year, I was riding a quarter horse ex dressage horse and I was doing about 3' courses with him. But, I had to leave that stable too. I'm at my 6th stable, and under my 9th instructor. And I've been riding about 7 years. :blink:

thats a sad story!
i have a horse and she was wild but she is not now, but really friendly and loves to gallop round her field and her stable (don't ask, she gets excited about being fed and going out!)
i haven't competed her much though as she's younge!
i am doing a riding exam whic i failed by 2 marks last year! and it was on the health and safety! (i trust horses way too much!) but never mind!

I LOVE TO JUMP!!!!!!!! but...
I LOVE TO BE JUMPED! me and me sis used to lay under jumps and jump over each other! though we put the jumps up a certain way for our safety!

any ways. horse lovers Kentucky Derby is on Saturday!!!!! i'm so excited. MY BAND TRIP IS CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!! ya hahahahaha. so happy. and that means i get to watch all new Charmed and Alias season fanale PLUS the derby!!! this is gonna be a great weekend. heheh any ways... the horses of the Derby in post order

Post/Program# Horse Trainer Jockey Morning Line*
#1 Supah Blitz, Manny Tortora, Rosemary Homeister, Jr. 50-1
#2 Brancusi, Patrick Biancone, Tony Farina, 30-1
#3 Sir Cherokee, Michael Tomlinson, Terry Thompson, 15-1
#4 Atswhatimtalknbout, Ron Ellis, David Flores, 12-1
#5 Peace Rules, Peace Rules, Edgar Prado, 8-1
#6 Funny Cide, Barclay Tagg, Jose Santos, 15-1
#7 Offlee Wild, T.V. Smith, Robby Albarado, 30-1
#8 Buddy Gil, Jeff Mullins, Gary Stevens, 8-1
#9 Indian Express, Bob Baffert, Tyler Baze, 12-1
#10 Lone Star Sky, Tom Amoss, Shane Sellers, 50-1
#11 Domestic Dispute, Patrick Gallagher, Alex Solis, 30-1
#12 Empire Maker, Robert Frankel, Jerry Bailey, 6-5
#13 Eye Of The Tiger, Jerry Hollendorfer, Eibar Coa, 50-1
#14 Ten Cents A Shine,D. Wayne Lukas, Calvin Borel, 50-1
#15 Outta Here, William Currin, Kent Desormeaux, 50-1
#16 Ten Most Wanted, Wallace Dollase, Pat Day, 6-1
#17 Scrimshaw, D. Wayne Lukas, Cornelio Velasquez, 15-1

heavy favourite Empire maker, really impressive running record. won the Wood memorial by 1/2 lenght and the Florida derby by 9 3/4! but he got a brusied feet a few days ago. we'll see how he do...
--mandy :angelic:

thank you so much for this topic
i have a horse named charlee hes so stuburn
but i love him so much
he is so cute
i love horses

what breed is Charlee??? HAPPY DERBY DAY EVERYONE!!!!! :D
--Mandy :angelic:

Back