Drama House of Cards

Gemma

Captain
A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.

Ruthless and cunning, Congressman Francis Underwood (Oscar® winner Kevin Spacey) and his wife Claire (Robin Wright) stop at nothing to conquer everything. This wicked political drama penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex, and corruption in modern D.C.

Just about to start watching this, looks like my kinda series. Anyone else seen it? I think it was originally a Netflix production

What network are you viewing it on? I thought it was a Netflix exclusive (at least in the US).

I bought the full season on DVD from Amazon, I watched some trailers for it on Netflix when I was using the free month subscription on my Xbox and thought it looked really good. Didn't get around to watching it before my trial ran out!

I don't think any channels in the UK have picked up the rights for it though I did see Vikings which was another Netflix production on one of the Sky channels a few months ago (History Channel, I think).

Only watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards so far and it is brilliant, I can see why it has been getting rave reviews. Kevin Spacey in amazing! I didn't realise it was an adaptation on a British series, also called House of Cards.

Just viewed the first two episodes of season 2. Fantastic stuff. Frank Underwood is an absolutely horrible disgusting person - I love him! Looks like another great season :smiley:

No I've not seen any of the British version but going by the reviews it seems to be every bit as good as the American version and equally as witty and scheming.

I might see if it's available on Amazon Prime when they streaming movies and TV series later this week :smiley:

I've watched 10 episodes of season two. There are so much more twists and turns in the plot this time. I've no idea how it is going to end!

I'm enjoying this more than the first season. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are fantastic and so devious and manipulative.

Back