Drama Desperate Housewives

I am sure they will just work on promotion ... as they have seen that promoting a show, like they have done for "Lost" and "DHW" ... really works ... so, the promotion staff needs to work on this now for "Alias" ...

Alias_Gay said:
Now, with all these people watching ABC ... a little show of promo for Alias, wouldn't be that bad ... (y) (y)
[post="1018430"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah they better start promoting the felgercarb out of Alias in the next couple months! It's ridiculous how shows that are really not as good as Alias are getting so much buzz.

Such shows are this one (sorry, but how do you rate the Desperate Housewives premiere compared to the Pilot of Alias "Truth Be Told?" - YEAH, I THOUGHT SO!), Wife Swap and that Extreme Makeover Home Edition felgercarb (sorry if you don't think it's felgercarb, but I do).

Where was all this promotion by ABC 3 years ago with Alias? How come the ratings never were as good as DH and Lost!??!

They BETTER promote it A LOT during the next few months. I wanna see new, improved ratings for Alias right from the get-go.

I am sure they will do their work and promote "Alias" as never before ... ;)

btw ... "Desperate HouseWives"
Is also now ranks as the most watched debut of a new show on any network so far this season, surpassing the premiere of "CSI: NY" on CBS in total viewers (19.3 million) and the launch of NBC's "Joey" among the 18- to 49-year-old viewers most prized by advertisers. For its 9 p.m. slot, "Desperate Housewives" exceeded its nearest competition -- the second half of CBS's "Cold Case" and the beginning of its Sunday movie presentation -- by 10 million viewers overall.

I am so excited for this show ... (y) (y)

At first I was really pissed that this was the show taken Alias' slot for most of the season. But then on the radio and the TV I constantly saw and heard ads that cracked me up. So I started to loosen up. I also go to San Francisco at least twice a month and everytime I go I see billboard EVERWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE for DHW. So time went by and I decided to check it out because it seemed funny. And oh boy, when I watched this last night I was hooked. I am hooked. :lol: So funny! And then all those secrets and ahh... good show. :lol: I won't mind watching this while waiting for Alias. Another hour added to my TV watching time. And I don't even watch that much! Dude, so many great scenes but I must say, my favorite is when Mrs. uhh.. whoever who does it with the gardener dude mowed the lawn so her husband wouldn't fire him. I laughed so much! :lol:

This show rocks. It has good storylines that make you laugh and make you wonder. And then there's the model/wife mowing the lawn since her *cough* gardener didn't do it. And plus, DHW should give a boost to Alias, I would hope so, at least.

Desperate HouseWives ... the #1 show for this week ... it had 21,6 million viewers, and its ABC biggest hit so far ...

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>'Desperate Housewives' Top-Rated Series</span>

Until the premiere of "Desperate Housewives," the last time ABC scaled the television ratings summit with a scripted series, it was with a show that no longer exists. The dark suburban comedy was seen by 21.6 million viewers on Sunday, the most popular show of the week. The last ABC series at the top was "The Practice" three years ago, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The second episode of ABC's "Lost" was seen by 17 million viewers on Wednesday, then another 8.8 million when the network repeated the first two on Saturday.

Although CBS was the most popular network again, ABC won among the 18-to-49-year-old demographic most craved by advertisers. The last time ABC won in that category so early in a TV season was 10 years ago.

"There are surprises in every television season, and we're happy to be on the upside of a couple of them," said Steve McPherson, ABC entertainment president.

McPherson got his job last spring and is benefiting from the unexpected success of shows developed by former ABC executives Lloyd Braun and Susan Lyne.

ABC can thank George Bush and John Kerry for some of its success last week. Chances are, "Desperate Housewives" would not have been the week's No. 1 show if the presidential debate hadn't wiped out part of strong Thursday lineups on CBS and NBC.

NBC finished a disappointing third for the week, with no show reaching higher than No. 13 in the rankings. That was "The Apprentice 2," which drew a below-average audience of 14.7 million viewers because it had to be switched to Wednesday because of the debate.

The return of "American Idol" in January can't come soon enough for Fox. Not a single Fox show was seen by more than 8 million viewers, Nielsen said. Its most popular program, "Trading Spouses," ranked No. 53 for the week.

The poor start has already claimed one casualty: Fox announced that its boxing reality series, "The Next Great Champ," was being shuffled off to Fox Sports Net. Last week's edition had only 4.4 million viewers.

On cable's Comedy Central, "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart had its biggest audience ever the night of the Bush-Kerry debate. The 2.4 million viewers were a half-million more than the series' previous record, Nielsen said.

For the week, CBS averaged 12.3 million viewers (8.2 rating, 13 share), ABC had 10.8 million (7.1, 12), NBC had 9.7 million (6.5, 11), Fox had 5 million (3.4, 5), the WB had 4 million (2.7, 4), UPN had 3.1 million (2.2, 4) and Pax TV had 660,000 (0.5, 1).

NBC's "Nightly News" has been dominant as anchor Tom Brokaw heads toward retirement, winning the evening news race with an average of 9.7 million viewers (6.9 rating, 15 share). ABC's "World News Tonight" had 8.4 million viewers (5.9, 12).

The "CBS Evening News," with embattled Dan Rather, averaged 6.7 million viewers (4.8, 10), a 10 percent drop from last year, Nielsen said.

A ratings point represents 1,096,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 109.6 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

For the week of Sept. 27-Oct. 3, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships:
1. "Desperate Housewives," ABC, 21.6 million;
2. "Survivor: Vanuatu," CBS, 19.9 million;
3. "CSI: Miami," CBS, 19.7 million;
4. "CSI: NY," CBS, 19.5 million;
5. "NFL Monday Night Football: Dallas at Washington," ABC, 19.4 million;
6. "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS, 18.7 million;
7. "Lost," ABC, 17 million;
8. "Two and a Half Men," CBS, 16.6 million;
9. "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" special, CBS, 16.4 million;
10. "NFL Monday Showcase," ABC, 15.2 million

OMG ... I can't believe it ... "Desperate HouseWives" # 1 ... (y)

Alias_Gay said:
Desperate HouseWives ... the #1 show for this week ... it had 21,6 million viewers, and its ABC biggest hit so far ...
OMG ... I can't believe it ... "Desperate HouseWives" # 1 ... (y)
[post="1019312"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ABC has 4 in the top 10? NBC is probably having a cow right now . . . :lol:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>National Ratings in Primetime -
Week of Sept. 27: ABC and CBS Share Leadership; NBC No. 3
</span>

Although CBS remains the network to beat in households and total viewers, the big surprise for the week of Sept. 27 was ABC grabbing the No. 1 spot among adults 18-49 -- its first win in the demo since Academy Awards (news - web sites) week last February. ABC's victory was a combination of the early success of Lost, Desperate Housewives and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and the absence of regularly scheduled 9-11 p.m. Thursday programming for the first presidential debate. This was ABC's first win among adults 18-49 in the second week of the season since 1994. ABC also held the top spot in adults 18-34 and adults 25-54, while ranking No. 1 or No. 2 on every night of the week among adults 18-49 except Thursday.

The ABC monkeys are going crazy right now ... 🐒 🐒 🐒

The ABC execs are doing the happy dance :happydance:, while NBC Execs are hiding :Ph34r:. It's quite amazing. :D But really good.

Sidenote- I'm happy that CSI:Miami was numero 3!! :D

Good episode. ^_^ Something bad happens to Bongo (Mike's dog) and um... oh and Garbrielle's lover boy (forgot his name) gave her a perfect rose as oppose to Carlo's car of the centry. ;)
--Mandy :angelic: