How Bad Can A Bet Be?

Ok sorry for replying rather.. um.. late. :blush:

Ooh the competitions getting fierce lmao

Anyway...

Really sorry to say that you should kinda put me off the PM list as i wont be on AA much anymore. :(

Thanks for the PM and keep writing! :smiley:

:hi: hey guys!!

:blink: so Helen has read this chap yet but i got impatient and had to post it :rolleyes: She might not like it but nevermind! 😆

Where's sarky??

He would get Lauren!!!

:lol: haha Greer, he was her ex-boyfriend in the first chap!! :P silly gal!! :hug:

thanks to Sci ⭐ for helping me with the french bit! lol i confused her A LOT when i was telling her what i wanted to say! lol but we got there eventually! :hug:

ooo and Derek Armstrong is a LA Kings player... ^_^

anyways here's the chap....

Chapter 5

Lauren stared at Sydney in disbelief. Sydney couldn’t possibly have a date with Michael Vaughn; Lauren had already chosen him and she wasn’t prepared to lose a bet, especially not to Sydney Bristow.

Sydney and Francie looked at her strangely, wondering what was with her reaction. They quickly dismissed it and continued to talk about Sydney’s potential date, while Lauren just stood there.

“Hey, isn’t he that really cute guy in your English class?” Sydney nodded at Francie’s question. Francie smiled her approval and then turned to Lauren.

“So what about you? Who is your lucky guy?”

Lauren glanced at Sydney, more determined then ever that she wasn’t going to lose this. “Well unlike Sydney’s ‘kinda’ date, I actually have a date with Michael Vaughn, this Friday.”

Sydney wasn’t surprised by Lauren’s choice. The minute Michael had told her that he was tutoring Lauren in French, Sydney had a thought in the back of her mind that he was the guy Lauren had chosen.

“Yeah, we’ll see.” She muttered under her breath, but unfortunately Lauren heard her.

“And what is that supposed to mean?”

Sydney smiled innocently and shrugged. “Nothing.” She decided that she would keep the fact that she was joining them on Friday a secret for the time being.

Lauren rolled her eyes. “Whatever, I’m late for class.” She stormed off towards her history class although she was ten minutes early for the lesson. Her good mood had quickly disappeared now that she knew she had competition from Sydney. She kept telling herself that she was one step ahead of her, she had known Vaughn for longer, and she actually had a date with him on Friday night. She knew that he was just going to be tutoring her, but things could easily change.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sydney and Michael sat on the couch talking. They had walked back to his house after school and decided that they would wait until Lauren arrived before they started the tutoring. Sydney couldn’t help but fall for the guy; they had a lot in common. He had a great sense of humour and she couldn’t help but laugh at all of his jokes.

They continued to talk idly until the doorbell rang, and Michael sighed as he went to answer it.

Lauren stood on his doorstep with a smile automatically plastered on her face. He noticed how she was a little over dressed for just a tutor session. Lauren had chose to wear her favourite pair of jeans with a new blue top that she had bought a week ago. Her hair was wavy the way it always was, but she had put on a little more make-up than she usually did.

“Hey.” She smiled brightly at him.

“Hi Lauren.” He returned her smile and stood aside so that she could enter the house. Her smile stayed on her face as she walked past him and into the living room. He closed the door and followed her inside.

Lauren froze at who she saw sitting on the couch.

“Sydney?” She tried to cover up her shock and disappointment, but Sydney could still tell that it was there. She had known Lauren for too long; Sydney could easily tell what she was really feeling.

“Hey Lauren.” She replied, as if nothing were wrong.

“To ask the most obvious question, what are you doing here?” Her eyes moved from Michael to Sydney while she waited for her answer.

Sydney glanced at Michael and smiled. “Well, Michael told me how he was tutoring you in French, and I needed a little help myself. So here I am!”

“I’m glad you came.” He suddenly blurted out, immediately wishing that the ground would swallow him up. He looked down at his feet and was disappointed to find that the ground was still intact. He slowly raised his eyes and looked at Sydney to see a genuine smile on her face. She could tell that he meant what he said. Lauren watched as they smiled at each other and cleared her throat.

“So, shall we get started?” She directed her question at Michael, ignoring the fact that Sydney was still in the room.

“Yeah, I guess.” He smiled at Sydney as the three of them walked into the dining room to sit around the table.

“What is it you guys wanna go over?”

“That’s a good question!” Lauren replied, raising her eyebrow as she stared at Sydney.

Sydney simply ignored her comment. “I’ve been having a little trouble with conjugating…”

“Well we can easily fix that.”

“Great.”

Lauren sighed, as the two of them talked as though she were not there. She knew that she was going to have to up the stakes if she was to have any chance of winning his affections.

“I need some help with tenses…” Lauren rejoined the conversation.

Sydney smiled and looked at Lauren. “I can help you with that.” Lauren stared back at her, wondering what she was doing. “I know tense that fits in perfectly here… tu es encore là? Tu devrais partir…”

Michael stifled a laugh, and glanced at Lauren. She looked genuinely confused as she tried to figure out what Sydney had just said to her. Sydney smiled sweetly at her and looked at Michael, who seemed to be having just as much difficulty as her to hold the laughter in.

Finally Lauren gave up. “I’m sorry, what?”

Vaughn decided to interupt, wanting to avoid them arguing. “So how about we start work on the conjugating verbs and then we can move onto tenses?”

“Sounds good.” Sydney answered, while Lauren glared at her from over the table.

“Do you girls want a soda or something?” He offered and Lauren stood up.

“Sure. Me and Sydney will get them. In the fridge, right?” Vaughn nodded as Lauren dragged Sydney to her feet and into the kitchen.

“I want you to leave! ” Lauren stated, the minute that they were out of ear shot.

“What?”

Lauren followed her arms and took a step towards Sydney. “Leave, you’ve totally interrupted our date!”

Sydney couldn’t help but laugh in her face. “I’m sorry…what date would that be? The guy is tutoring you…sorry us. He doesn’t consider this a date.”

“And how would you possibly know that?”

“Er… he told me!” Sydney replied as if it were the most obvious response. She thought back to the conversation they had had before Lauren arrived about how this was nothing more than a tutor session to him.

Lauren rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Whether this is a date or not, you’ve totally ruined it…”

“Michael doesn’t seem to think so.”

“Just go Sydney.”

Sydney was silent for a minute while she stared at Lauren. She knew Lauren was competitive, but she never imagined that they would be fighting over this bet.

Lauren waited anxiously for her answer and finally she got it.

“Michael, do you want ice with your soda?” Sydney shouted into the dining room, her eyes never once leaving Lauren’s. Lauren shook her head, her eyes narrowing.

“Yes thanks!” Michael called back, wondering what was taking the two of them so long in the kitchen.

“You’re gonna regret that Sydney.”

Sydney ignored her and opened the freezer, dropping two ice cubes into the glass of Coke.

They went back into the dining room and started with the tutoring. Michael noticed how something had changed between the two girls since they came back from the kitchen; they kept giving each other cold stares. He didn’t want to get in the middle of whatever was going on; little did he know that he already was.

They worked for an hour straight. After deciding that it was time for a little break, the three of them went into the living room and switched on the TV. While Lauren sat down on the couch, Sydney asked Michael where the bathroom was and he showed her up the stairs, leaving Lauren sitting in the living room, thinking of her next move.

He pointed out the bathroom and then went into his room as the phone started ringing. He sat on his bed and listened to Weiss talk about the small fight that he had had with Nadia.

Sydney finished in the bathroom and heard a voice coming from the bedroom. She stood in the doorway and smiled at Michael, who signaled for her to have a seat while he spoke to Eric.

“Have you tried calling her and apologizing? It might help.” Sydney sat quietly looking around the room while Vaughn talked. “Ok, talk to you later man.”

He hung up the phone and dropped it down on the bed. “I’m telling you, them two argue all the time.”

She laughed lightly at his comment. “So this is your room huh?” He blushed as she looked around.

“Yeah, it’s a little messy. If I’d had known that you were seeing it I would have tidied!”

She laughed a little more and smiled at him. “No, I like it.” She looked past him, her eyes growing as she spotted something. Standing up, she walked over to his desk and picked up the small, black object.

“Wow! You have a signed Armstrong puck?” She spun the puck around her hand, admiring it.

He was slightly taken back by her comment, as he went to stand next to her. “Yeah, I got it signed last season. You’re a hockey fan?”

Sydney nodded and put the puck back where she found it. “Yeah, I go to the games occasionally with my dad, but we haven’t been for a while.” She tucked her hands in the front pocket of her jeans and looked up at him.

“We should go sometime.” He spoke without thinking, but the minute he said it, it felt right.

Sydney smiled. “I’ll hold you to that.” She winked and they both laughed lightly.

Lauren sighed as she changed over the TV channel. She glanced at her watch and realized that Sydney and Vaughn had been gone for over ten minutes. No one takes that long in the bathroom…

She threw the remote onto the couch and slowly walked up the stairs. The bathroom door was open, and the room empty. She stood puzzled on the landing for a couple of seconds, until she heard Sydney’s laugh coming from Vaughn’s bedroom.

She felt her face go red with anger as she walked towards the room. Poking her head in the room, she clenched her jaw as she saw them sitting side by side on the bed, laughing about something.

“What are you two doing?” Lauren interrupted their conversation. They both stopped laughing and looked over at her.

“We were just talking.” Sydney replied, a small grin on her face. Lauren rolled her eyes and walked back downstairs. Dropping down on the couch, she couldn’t believe how wrong the evening had gone. It hadn’t gone anywhere near the way she planned. But Lauren Reed was a determined girl; she wasn’t ready to let Sydney win this bet so easily.

~

:whistle: hehe! don't ya just love Lauren! 😆 :P

please review!! :angelic:

^_^

Ohhh, this chapter was fun! :D Wow, things went just dandy for Lauren, didn't they? But, honestly... who thinks a study session is a date? :P Vaughn is clearly most interested in Sydney. Lauren is just coming along for the ride. Syd totally has him wrapped around her finger. :lol: And yeah, I don't feel bad for Lauren at at all. ^_^

Eee, I'm so happy you updated!! Ok, so this is totally keeping me from writing my research paper right now, but who cares, right? Fan fic is so much better than writing a stupid paper. :P

Great job with the update! I loved it! ;) Stupid Lauren. :lol: Thanks for the pm and keep up the good work! (y)

Ugg
Lauren is a pain
Can't she see that Syd and Vaughn are ment to be together?
They really like eachother
This is so cute
I love it!
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

lauran needs to get lost,
literally...
put her on a plane, crash her on an unknown island only GOd knows where and leave her trapped there
vaughn is sooo gonna pick sydney :D
lol great chapter
can't wait for more
update soon :smiley:
thanx for the PM

please pm me when you're going to update.

this is so good. catfight and so on, but well when he finds out, that'll be so drama.

That was really good. I just finished reading all the chapters and I was wondering if you could PM me when you write a new one. That would be awesome if you could! Thanks!
Sarah

Great chapter!
I loved it.
The fight between Sydney and Lauren is soo funny.
Vaughn and Sydney gert on so well they should definatel be an item.
Thanx for the pm
Update soon.

:hi: hey sweetie!!

GREAT chap, I LOVED the french. It made me laugh so much because silly Lauren didn't know what she said :P

Anyways eeek I guess it's my turn to write now :Paranoid: <-- thats my favourite smiley :smiley:

mil xx

Lauren....needs...to...leave
But leave it to Lianne to keep her around *rolls eyes* *mumbles*Laurenliker*mumbles*
That chapter was really good...*whispers* Itd be even better if lauren wasnt so freakin stubborn *whispers*
Cause shes totally gonna screw this up...actually, they already have - the both of them...cause Ashley has a feeling that Vaughns not gonna like this whole 'bet' idea....
Great job you two!
Thanks for the PM, and PLEASE update soon!
Ash

I want Lauren to go away. Let's make her move to... *thinks*....*thinks*....*lightbulb come on* BRANSON MISSISSOURI! THhe capital of country shows (and in my opinion bad performers stuck in the 80's) Ha. Torture.

Back