How big should a family/guild/grand house be...?

Well the best thing I can do, as an individual, is gather the like minded RPers who want to play as TCO members... and then we'll make them fit whatever structure(s) HJ eventually comes up with. Not ideal, but it'll work.

I'll prolly need a guild when I switch ove but I have to wait to see if friends from DAoC/WoW(no friends in FFXI didnt play nlong enough) come over and we make a guild

I have this bad habit of seeking out the smallest, most unpopular guilds...They always seem to be the most closely twined people. They care more about their members, it seems. Makes having fun alot easier :smiley:

Nnem said:
I have this bad habit of seeking out the smallest, most unpopular guilds...They always seem to be the most closely twined people. They care more about their members, it seems. Makes having fun alot easier :smiley:

Come join my guild! It's a chat room with a graphic game on the side :P

My favorite kind of guild is a small, close-knit one with a few well placed connections to larger guilds. Essentially the benefits without the bickering :cool:

That was the way of my guild in WoW, about 15-20 active members but we had wonderful relationships with two of the larger raiding guilds horde-side. "What's that? You need a person or two to fill out a ZG or an AQ run? Why thank you I think I shall. Oh look an epic drop that everyone in your super equipped guild has? Mind if I? Why thank you very much, I think I shall take it."
/sigh I miss those good old days.

Yes, I can't speak for the other guys administering the guild with me (Dirk Gently and Leo), but if the HJ branch of TCO was, like 10 - 20 players, and they were all really interested in each other and interested in having a good time, I would feel we were a success. I'm not into huge guilds myself.

I still think having no limit size on any sort of group would be interesting. Guild wars could have all sorts of crazy options with that in mind.

We haven't formally thrown open our recruiting yet, so the quick answer is "none". Internally, we are sporting about five members already, with quite a number of "undecideds" who are either playing SWG, EQ2 or EVE... or one of our many members who are currently without an active game.

You'll see us make our pitch for members on these forums, once we have our recruitment process in place (we don't want to use a carbon copy of the recruitment package used in other TCO games), but in the meantime, welcome you to stay in touch and talk with myself, Leo or Dirk Gently (as the group's leaders), or Orba or Docmdnite, as regular members.

Actually, I think having clinically insane people let into your guild would be its own sort of appeal. Worst come to worst, they could just RP a... you guessed it... insane person!

Back