How can Sloan still be working as a double agent?

In "Full Disclosure" we learned that the Covenant had pushed Sidney in the right/wrong direction after she came back after her two missing years. Among other things, the key to the flat in Rome, was a "false" clue to her past, fake handwriting envelope passed along by Sloane. That really shows he is involved with the Covenant, right? So how can he still in the following episodes be working as a doble agent for the CIA? Shouldn't they have arrested him for breaking his pardon agreement and beeing a part of a known terrorist organisation?
Or have I missed something?

Come now. We know he's working for himself. That means he may or may not be working with the Covenant . . . as their aims match his at the time.
;)

Yes, I agree that Sloane is working for himself in the first place, and using whatever is convinient at the time to reach his own hidden agenda. But in this specific case, he was obviosly working with the Covenant. And if things were logical he would have been caught by the CIA for working with the Covenant.

Wait a minute... Sloane gave her the key to the flat in Rome and that was where Robert Lindsay's agents captured her. It makes no sense that Kendall didn't say anthing when he obviously knew, but i don't trust him. If Sloane gave Sydney the key to her flat, then wasn't he basically working with Robert Lindsay? But that's contradictory because Lindsay was threateaning Sloane later on. Maybe Sloane was just trying to distract Lindsay for the time being for some odd reason, and then he helped Syd escape along with jack and Vaughn later?

Sarkney_fan020 said:
Wait a minute... Sloane gave her the key to the flat in Rome and that was where Robert Lindsay's agents captured her. It makes no sense that Kendall didn't say anthing when he obviously knew, but i don't trust him. If Sloane gave Sydney the key to her flat, then wasn't he basically working with Robert Lindsay? But that's contradictory because Lindsay was threateaning Sloane later on. Maybe Sloane was just trying to distract Lindsay for the time being for some odd reason, and then he helped Syd escape along with jack and Vaughn later?
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I see more of a Sloane-Irina connection here than a Sloane-Lindsey connection. Besides, Lindsey knew that Sydney was alive, so he already knew about her mission as a double or he knew about her through Lauren somehow. (In fact, it might have been Jack's threatening Sydney's mission that got him tossed into prison . . .)

We have strong suspicions that Irina knew that Sydney was alive. Further, I suspect that Lauren is working for Irina, so that would give her a line straight into Lindsey, which would mean that she definitely knew--and this would tie even more strongly in if Irina thought that Jack was getting a line on Sydney and needed Lindsey to pull him out of the picture (really loving of her to put him into solitary for God knows how long . . .). Lauren knows about the flat, so Irina does . . . she provides a key to Sloane . . . hooks him up with the code . . . Sloane puts Lazarey's hand in the desert and encodes it's location . . .

So the fact that Sloane was using a code that came to Jack via Irina suggests that Sloane and Irina were working together on this little project to extract Sydney's memory. Lauren could grab the McGuffin (the Rambaldi device) en route to Sloane so that it never got to him for destruction.

It was an easy guess for Lindsey that Sydney was headed toward the apartment, though, if he knew about Sydney's mission and Julia Thorne already--as he apparently did.
;)

Back