How Clans, Guilds, House & Factions work in HJ

Seeria

Cadet
I've been reading forums and articles concerning the function of CGGH's and factions. From my understanding, they work like this:

Clans: two or more people (final max limit not decided yet) that share a similar surname, which gives them a clan emblem, clan chat, clan motd.

These clans are the same as a guild in other games (WoW, EQ, Daoc, etc).

Guilds: consists of two or more Clans and individuals, they share a guild name tag (does not replace the clan name), guild only chats, guild housing, and possible other features. Guilds must choose a faction alignment.

These guilds function the same as an alliance in other games, with possibly more features.

Great House is the FACTION and is made up of any that have sworn alliegance, as individuals, clan, guilds (not sure about clans taking a faction). They share the benefits that come from the faction being the Ruling Faction.

These great houses are similar to realms in Dark Ages of Camelot. The faction names are Kinnaes, Gearsmiths, Arcanum.

I believe a Great House is a couple of guilds together and the Great Houses can align themselves with the Arcanum, Kinnaes, or Gearsmiths. The Great Houses are NOT composed of the triad. Those are merely ideals with which they can align themselves with for large-scale PvP. I'll check the unofficial FAQ later for sure, but I'm in a hurry right now.

I thought that as well but after reading some 40 articles (and the unofficial faq which is seriously outdated) it appeared more as a "realm" not a collection of alliances (guilds in HJ terms).

It seems a bit pointless to have two alliance types, a GH and a guild. The clan interface can have up to 200 people in it (they will prob reduce that amount), which means a clan IS a Guild in traditional mmorpg sense. Why have a guild of 20 clans that have 100 plus people each and have a GH of several guilds? There isn't enough players to make up that big an alliance and still have enough people for three factions.

Post what you can find, always welcome more info, though I'm sure I've read it already.

Would love to hear an official word on it.

My apologies.

After digging a bit, it appears Great Houses are all of the clans rallied under one of the triad.

These are copies of old logs I have access to, do not ask where from. As with all things HJ, things may change and are subject to totally not being released as described here, but this is still my understanding of them, and direct from the Simu team: (EVERYTHING is subject to change, just a reminder!)

1. Clans are like most MMO guilds.
2. Guilds are comprised of clans, and individuals without clans.
3. There are 3 Great Houses, which are the 3 main factions
4. The Triumvirate is the ruling body, which the Great Houses seek to place one of their own as the Triumvirate Leader

And I got that, from this:

(did I mention that anything Simu has said in the past is subject to change? hehehe)

SimuMatt: Easiest way to look at the Clans is they are your family. Maybe some of them are the family you don't want to talk about too much in friendly conversation but family just the same.
SimuMatt: Your clan "name" is actually what your character's last name becomes.
SimuMatt: They have similar things to guilds too. Their own colors (family crest if you will), chat channels, messaging, etc.)
SimuMatt: You dont have to display the name of course...but I gather most will.
~
Panthro: Can Clan Members be part of a Guild?
SimuMatt: So...Yes. Clan members can join a guild. When your clan leader decides to associate your clan with a guild, you all join up. So you better trust your leaders. Individuals who are not Clan affiliated can also join any Guild that will have them as well.
SimuMatt: So, if you want to be in a different guild than your Clan, you can. You just have to leave the Clan to do so.
~
SimuSkip: What's some cool stuff guilds can do?
SimuSkip: Just a run down of some highlights
Royce: The main thing that has been a key feature is the POWER that the guild leader has
Royce: The guild leader can.. do anything. And will be able to delegate those powers as well to any rank or person they desire
Royce: Ranks have a whole new meaing from what I've seen in the past
Royce: Each of those rank can be a little "subsect" in each clan/guild in a way. With their own messaging.. and powers.
~
Royce: As it sits. The ranks will have messaging that only that given rank will be able to see. The messages can be "stacked" for later dates... as a way to plan out an entire month if the leaders desire.
SimuSkip: These are like "Message of the Day" things, right?
SimuSkip: But better.
Royce: WAY more powerful
Royce: The planning that can take place will be second to none
Royce: That's olny part of it.. we'll save the rest for you all to see on that topic
SimuSkip: So you may have a rank called "Nookies" who are your third rank from the bottom. And you can set out a whole batch of messages to be given to them, each on a specific day?
Royce: Yeppers
Royce: That goes for any of the ranks.. and.. little notes for the clan/guild leader to remind themselves of things to fire off as well
~
Panthro: Will Guilds be able to decide for themselves their ranks? Like...For us it would be Guild Leader, Elders, Core, Members, Jov'uus, or are they hardcoded?
Royce: Yes
Royce: 100%.. you make.. add remove name...etc
Royce: There is currently a limit to how many you can make
SimuMatt: 6 I believe is the limit we have at the moment.
Royce: Minimum of three ranks
~
Royce: Titles
Royce: I love titles.. we all love titles
Royce: Clan titles will exist as will Guild titles
Royce: With a twist
Royce: Clan titles. Clans are family
Royce: So, whatever you name the clan will be the person last name.. if they wish to display it
Royce: Ask the gang here. We were all clan FluffyBunnyFeet for a few days of testing.
SimuSkip: It was terrible.
SimuMatt: ::grumble::
Royce: But, it's basicly a persons last name.
Royce: Guild Titles as planned...
Royce: Will be more along the line of a true title.
Royce: Royce the Wise (with wise being the Guild name)
Royce: Skip of the Huns
Royce: ...etc
Royce: So, pick your clan and guild names with care
~
SimuMatt: As Clans can come together to form Guilds, so can Guilds come together and join one of the three Great Houses.
SimuMatt: Each of the great houses is aligned with one of the world factions. Gear, Arcane, and Nature
SimuSkip: The Arcanum
SimuSkip: The Gearsmiths
SimuSkip: And the Kinnaes
~
SimuMatt: Anyway...as you level your Guild up through the Great House, you gain bonus abilties and such based on that particular faction.
SimuJhyrryl: What was that about leveling your guild up?
SimuSkip: There will be a world of possibilities open to the GMs to create content based on faction standings for guilds.
SimuMatt: As your Guild progresses higher in rank (through Questing, etc) you obtain actual abilties for your characters to use.
SimuSkip: Okay, some other games have this concept...but I think it's kind
of a ladder thing, right? My guild is better than your guild.
SimuMatt: The leadership moves you along various tracks and ability lists and you gain them as your guild gets more levels <g>
SimuSkip: Guilds gain the power to give its members cool new abilities.
SimuMatt: Basicly.
SimuMatt: So you can chose what direction your Guild goes in.
SimuSkip: Right...so the guild empowers its members...by its members empowering it.
SimuSkip: With the guild leader at the helm.
SimuSkip: So, how do guilds level up
SimuJhyrryl: Questing. Guilds will have quests that are specific to them.
SimuJhyrryl: While doing a guild quest, you're gaining experience for the guild.
|TZG|Scorp: i dont know if Jhyrryl just answered it, but will guild members
have to quest together in order to lvl the guild or can they quest alone?
|TZG|Scorp: or is it a combination?
SimuMatt Either I think. Mike?
SimuSki:p I think it may be either, but the guild quests may be designed more for groups...since it is a quest for your guild.
SimuJhyrryl: They'll be questing as a guild. But obviously quests are set up expecting different numbers of participants.
~
SimuSkip: So Great Houses are factions...obviously they'd work the same sorta way...guilds go on quests for the factions to gain them influence?
SimuSkip: ....or possibly rob other factions of influence?
SimuJhyrryl: Yep.
SimuSkip: Interesting...what effects might doing this bring about, as an example?
SimuSkip: One example is fine...I'm dying to get to the other topic. <g>
SimuJhyrryl: Well, as you all may know from the website....
SimuJhyrryl: The ruling body of Elanthia, The Triumverate, is a council of the three factions.
SimuJhyrryl: They regularly need to elect a new head guy.
SimuJhyrryl: Great Houses have a dramatic influence in establishng which
faction is best fit.
SimuJhyrryl: That in turns affects various gameplay mechanics.
SimuJhyrryl: Which I won't go into right this moment. :smiley:
SimuJhyrryl: But the key is, significant impact on the world.
~

<bows>
Hero's Council member at your service. Inquiring about my belonging will result in my existence being denied, followed by me swallowing a nice little purple pill that causes foaming at the mouth.

hehe.

~ Jaraeth

Jaraeth said:
Re: Changes to Clan/Guild/Greathouse system? - on 8/5/2006 12:26:06 AM

I also would like more info in regards to clans (families), guilds and the faction related Great Houses.

~ Jaraeth

Razu said:
Re: Changes to Clan/Guild/Greathouse system? · on 8/9/2006 3:28:38 PM

No information has been released as any new design is still undergoing scrutiny from the bosses.

~~FGM Razu~~

CHISHOLME said:
Re: Changes to Clan/Guild/Greathouse system? · on 12/8/2006 11:25:25 AM

Anything new to report on Razu?

... and still no replies. This is on the Council Forums, so rest assured they don't answer Council members any more than anyone else in my experience. :smiley:|

Back