Season 2 How did Sloane "use them?"

Corsair

Cadet
People keep saying that Sloane knew all along that Sydney and Jack were spies and he was using them. In what way? So that SD6 would finally be found out and destroyed so Sloane could plot some other nefarious activity? I have watched the show from the beginning and still don't understand how Sloane "used" them.

Any help?

i think he just recently started to use them once he found out they were doubles to take out the alliance so him and emily could be free and live together happily ever after as the directors of a new crime organization, that's my guess. plus for whatever the goal of phase one and phase two(and however many there are!)

I think he'd been planning for months. He knew Jack and Syd were double agents, and used them to take down the Alliance, so that if it didn't work, he wouldn't be in trouble with the Alliance, he wouldn't really be a suspect. He has bigger plans though, but I'm not sure what they are.

All along? Kind of undercuts our favorite agents' abilities, doesn't it? I hope that it turns out that it was Sark that let him in on the facts. I'd be a bit peeved if it turned out that Sloane knew for twenty years that Jack was a double and supposedly "used" that. It seems that he sacrificed an awful lot of Rambaldi tech for precious little if that were the case!

I don't think he knew for 20 years about Jack, I think he found out last year, after Syd came back. I mean, how many people WOULD go back to work with good intentions after they killed your fiance? I know I wouldn't!!

I've considered how Sloane figured out that Syd and Jack were double agents. Isn't it a real possibility that Sloane knew Sark before Syd turned him in? If that was the case: Sark truly never did plan to kill Sloane but was working with Sloane to uncover Sydney, no employee would hand their boss over to some freak (Sark) if they were loyal to them. If Sark didn't know Sloane beforehand, Sark seems to be pretty close with him now, all Sark would have to do is tell Sloane about their "bargain". I am more interested in what Sloane will now do with the information on Jack and Syd.

Back