How did we get into alias?

ok....i thought it would be cool if we had a topic where people could tell how they got into alias. did you just turn it on one day? did you watch from the beginning? did a friend recruit you?

MY STORY: I always thought it would be stupid when my friend arlie tried to explain it tm me. but one day she made me watch it and i loved it. I have all the dvds and everything!

ok...please post how u got into this awesome show....it's not just a show-it's a lifestyle!lol

I was flipping through the channels one Sunday night when a red wig caught my eye. It was Sydney, kicking some major arse! LOL. Pilot ep.... been hooked since then!

YES Joyie same here!!
I was just hooked from the first second of it, Syd and her red wig, some ass kicking and a hottie!!!
Since that day , I'm a huge freak!!! :P

I heard about it, but always forgot to turn it on and try it out. I knew that I would love it if I actually started watching it, but I have a hard time getting into shows in the middle of them. I like to see from the beginning.

So I waited until the DVDs came out and watched Season 1 in like 2 days, and Season 2 in the same amount of time. Season 3 started before Season 2 came out on DVD, so I did a little bit of reading up on Season 2 so that I wouldn't be completely lost when Season 3 started...

Now I can't believe that I never made time for it before. If I had actually watched that first episode I would have been hooked from the very beginning!!

Cool idea! My sister's best friend watched and my sister was going to give it a try so I watched it with her and have been hooked ever since! That was the season premiere of S2.

I remem seeing an add for this upcoming new show and i was like whoa who is that hot chick i gotta watch this show, and ever since the first ep ive been a big fan.

i dont even remember...the first ep i saw was ep 117 when syd was driving her car into the water...i watched every ep after that and then bought the dvd to watch the first ones.

I always used to go to the Wanda chats on E!Online, and she was always gushing about how great it was during Season one. So when they had the marathon of the first 10 episodes on ABC Family on New Year's Day, 2002, I watched the first 10, and then tuned in for the 11th that Sunday night and was hooked from there!

But I didn't get over-the-top, majorly obsessed until last winter, for some reason. Then it just hit me all of a sudden, and I knew that I was completely obsessed. (That's when I joined this site.)

i didnt become REALLY obsessed until...i guess this season, which is weird...ACTUALLY thats a lie...maybe the last few eps of season two...and i didnt find out about this site till december!!!

My sister watched it every now and then, and I could never get it. Then during the superbowl episode I watched and got hooked. I fell in love with syd and vaughn and alias! Then with all those reruns of previous episodes, I tried to understand but really got confused. Eventually I found these lovely alias websites and now I am like all of you...counting down til the episodes, despratly trying to avoid spoilers(even though it doesn't always work), and just never missing an episode.

great topic by the way!

Back during season 1, I decided that Alias wasn't worth my time. (I am one of the biggest fans now!) A friend wrote me a note telling me to watch it. Being the stubborn person I am, I refused. During the summer, I left for Florida. Before I left, I was reading my TV guide and read the wrong summary. It turned out that I had read the preview for Alias. Well, I got excited over that preview and set my time recorder and watched it. I didn't miss an episode after that. Now I try to get everyone to watch it. I've managed to turn three friends into Alias fans!

My sister watched it and i didnt want to. Then one day she tricked me into watching it with her. I saw MV smile in season 2 and i thought "D*mn im hooked.

The first time I saw Alias was last season's two-hour finale, eps. 21 and 22. I had always known that JG and MV were in it (I have loved MV since Never Been Kissed came out in 1999). So I just started watching it, not knowing who anyone was. And then the last scene came on when Syd woke up in Tokyo and Vaughn came and saw her. And the one thing I remember saying was, "Holy felgercarb. He's wearing a ring." So I waited all summer and then got hooked this season. So I watched every ep this season without ever knowing the back story. I didn't know who SD-6 or even Will was. So I got up to ep. 10 this season and then came Christmas. I got both DVD's for Xmas and managed to watch all 44 episodes in one week. I went to bed every night at 5:00 am even though I had work. So now I am addicted.

S2 is by far the best but I am in the small minority that enjoys S3 because that's what got me hooked.

Ah, you guys have great stories!!!

I saw a entertainment tonight, or a morning show (like the today show) and it was talking about all this brand-new shows that were coming out in the fall. they showed a couple scenes from the pilot (i especially remember the scene with syd in the parking garage, kicking butt) and they described it as a girl-power kinda show. I thought to myself that the show looked really cool and I should remember to watch it.
However, I always forget to write things down, but it must have been fate because one sunday evening, I left my tv on after a show i was watching (i have no idea which one) and I started my homework with the tv on in the background. and alias came on!!!! I remember seeing the scene where jack tells syd to get in the car.
well, i have a habit of leaving the tv on in the background when doing homework, so it was complete coincidence that i kept seeing alias, and i eventually started purposely watching alias and stopped doing homework during that time.
around the middle of the second season, i started talking to a friend about it (and got him addicted) and started to tape it on my vcr if i wasn't home when it was on.
when i couldn't stand it any longer last summer (not knowing what happened to syd), but sister suggested looking for a spoiler on the internet, so I went on google, and found allalias. i wrote down the website and a few months later (in october) i joined...and have frequented the site since :smiley:

I was looking through the Sunday ads back in September and spotted the Alias: Season One Dvd set. I told my friend about it because I knew she was a big Alias fan, and she told me I should buy it. I had the money at the time so after a little bit of convincing I bought it and finished it in two days. Then I read episode summaries for all of season two, and started watching season three as it aired. Then I got season two on Dvd for Christmas last year.

I had always wanted to watch Alias but always found myself otherwise engaged on Sunday nights. I tried watching occasionally but could not really get into the show; however, I knew the show had potential to be an obsession with me. I read about the season finale twist over the summer and decided that with the start of Season 3 and Syd's life almost starting over, it would be a perfect time for to try the show and really stick with it. Well, I watched the first episode of Season 3 and have not missed an episode the entire season! I got Seasons 1 and 2 for my birthday at the end of February and watched them both in a week. As soon I started watching the DVDs, I fell head over heels in love with Alias, more than ever before. Now, the weeks go by much slower waiting for each new episode. I have since convinced my parents to watch religiously and my roommate as well!

I've been hooked since the first episode. The show seemed to be very interesting so I had to take a look at the first ep and that was it. I was hooked.

it all started with that red wig ... :redhair:

I was glued to my TV that Sunday night when Syd was kicking some ass ... ;)

I watched the pilot episode and after it thought this show has the potential to be one of, if not the best show on television in recent years. And I think that's rare because usually, at least for me, pilot episodes don't make me feel that way. But this one did.

My cable co. cut me off by mistake so I was stuck with just 5 terestrial channels (in the uk) for weeks. Stuck for something to watch on saturday tea time, I switched onto Alias which I had never heard of. It was ep 2 of series one I think (I have still never seen the first episode). I was hooked cos Syd is one of the best female characters to hit the small screen. It's pure entertainment. Unfortunately I am sad to say that Alias is not v. popular in the UK and I only know one other person who watches it. It was dropped by a few channels and only picked up recently by Bravo - can you imagine what it was like waiting for a conclusion to the series two cliff hanger not knowing if it would appear on TV ever again?. Most people I know haven't even heard of it. Mind you, I am not sure you could start watching it from series 3, I don't think I could explain the back story to someone to help them catch up.

Back