How did we get into alias?

Well in the summer before it aired i saw the previews for it and i was gonna watch the pilot but when it was on i forgot about it and i remember like 45 min in and so i tried to watch but i was like WTF is happening so i turned it off (i know what a horrible thing to do - turn off alias *sob*)
but then over xmas break i was bored flipping through the channels and i came accross one of the first couple episodes and i watched it and i became instantly addicted and i've watched it ever since - plus i have all the dvds and a shirt thats says 'alias' on it :P

i dont remember what episode it was but i started watching at the start of the second season i think - basically my boyfriend and his mum used to watch it during season one and i eventually gave in one night after season two started and joined him - i was hooked from then on. i'm not sure what episode it was but i remember watching lots of sd-6 missions and the build up between s/v to the kiss so i would guess it was close to the start of season two. my obsession started after the breakdown of sd-6 - thats when i couldn't wait for th epis to be aired in the uk ;) ) and by the time i saw the season finale i was online and joined AA in search of some answers about vaughn's marriage and syd missing two years. although i didnt get around to speanding the whole summer on AA obsessing (cos i was in the hospital) i did continue my obsession and whilst in the hospital i had the first season brought in for me and wathced them all and season two again. when i got home i was ready for season 3!!!

trying to avoid doing any work on a sunday afternoon i was watching tv and saw a vision of perfection furrowing his eyebrows across the screen. that was episode 2 season 1, and i have been thankful ever since that i started watching that, else i might never have got into it.

Azalea said:
But I didn't get over-the-top, majorly obsessed until last winter, for some reason. Then it just hit me all of a sudden, and I knew that I was completely obsessed. (That's when I joined this site.)
same hear...I first started watching when I saw the pilot but than I missed a couple because of school but now I am hooked even more than before.

Lets see...I used to be HUGELY obsessed with Charmed....watching and rewatching the show over and over and reading the books...so one day my mom didn't like the show (after her knowing for like 9 months that I watched it) so she took the books away and restricted me to watch it. I could care less about anything she said and continued to watch it anyway...and one day when the new Charmed book came out I went to the bookstore so it was with my mom, so I picked up the Alias novel and hid the Charmed one under it...I actually read the Alias one later and I thought it was really cool(I read Secret Life) so I thought maybe I should check it out :smiley:

I was sucked in from the get-go! When ABC first started promoting the show,I was like,this show is going to kick ass! I loved that it was all about this young woman who is recruited into the CIA and she could whip the best of em!

I love Victor Garber too! I wasn't a big fan Of JG,I hated her character in "Felicity" but she totally won me over! I am a die hard JG fan now! She is the best thing since...Kate Winslet! LOL!

So I have been obsessed since day one. It was really hard for me at that time cause It was on at the same time as "X-Files",but without David Duchovny...XF was really sucking huge! So I just was won over to a better show!

And I am still here! :D

When I first heard that Jennifer Garner was starring in a new show called Alias, then I knew I was going to check it out and I was hooked from the first episode :P

One night, during my second year at university, i was sitting in my house alone, in the basement lounge, scared that the spiders were gonna get me. So i switched on the telly and on a cable channel, Sky One, (who recently dropped alias :angry: ) i saw this really pretty girl in a lift with a guy that i recognised from Titanic, and then it cut to a guy who i recognised as quentin tarentino, so naturally i had to watch it. i was hooked from then and cursed my luck that living in britain had caused me not to have heard of this programme, as some people still haven't(i did a poll of people i know and out of the 17 people that i asked 1 person watched it, 7 people had heard of it only though me and the rest had never heard of alias nor Jennifer Garner :jawdrop: )

I watched a couple more but i hate starting a series in the middle so i had to wait for it to come on terrestial telly 6 months later to watch it from the beginning. :P

Well I saw the pilot but i couldn't remember when it came on so i only saw a scattered few eps until after Christmas when i saw the ep beginning so i wrote the time and day down so I wouldn't miss it again...so I came in about halfway through season 1 and haven't missed an ep since :D ...I later got my friend hooked, something I'm very proud of

Melissa ^_^

I had always been intrigued by it but i missed the original airing because of sports.Luckily ABC re-ran the pilot a week later and since i'm a big fan of spy dramas,i was instantly hooked.

That's the main reason why NO season will ever match the 1st.Great writing,action scenes,gadgets and just the right touch of emotions to top it off.

Just thinking about then and NOW is depressing.

hmm well I read it about it the morning it began I'd never heard anything about it and I was hooked from the moment I read about it.and sat down and watched it that night I loved it

I have watched it from the beginning. I saw the previews before it started and I knew I wanted to watch it. Me and DH watched the pilot and we were both hooked.

The_Other_Sydney said:
Lets see...I used to be HUGELY obsessed with Charmed....watching and rewatching the show over and over and reading the books...so one day my mom didn't like the show (after her knowing for like 9 months that I watched it) so she took the books away and restricted me to watch it. I could care less about anything she said and continued to watch it anyway...and one day when the new Charmed book came out I went to the bookstore so it was with my mom, so I picked up the Alias novel and hid the Charmed one under it...I actually read the Alias one later and I thought it was really cool(I read Secret Life) so I thought maybe I should check it out :smiley:
That has to be the most appropriate way anyone has ever gotten into the show - through secrecy and deception! Very entertaining... :lol:

I have been incredibly in love with Alias since the first 10 minutes of the pilot, actually maybe even after the first time a saw a preview for it. I had never seen a show like it and I haven't missed an episode since. Now I have both sets of DVDs and continuously watch the episodes over and over again and never get sick of them.

sculder said:
I was sucked in from the get-go! When ABC first started promoting the show,I was like,this show is going to kick ass! I loved that it was all about this young woman who is recruited into the CIA and she could whip the best of em!

I love Victor Garber too! I wasn't a big fan Of JG,I hated her character in "Felicity" but she totally won me over! I am a die hard JG fan now! She is the best thing since...Kate Winslet! LOL!

So I have been obsessed since day one. It was really hard for me at that time cause It was on at the same time as "X-Files",but without David Duchovny...XF was really sucking huge! So I just was won over to a better show!

And I am still here! :D
I hated her character, Hannah (on Felicity), too! Usually I hold a grudge forever against a person who played a character i hated....im glad jen is an exception!

Okay, here's my story... I was channel surfing one day and managed to catch a little bit of a season 1 episode. I really had NO clue what was going on, I was simply fascinated by the action scenes and the cool gadgets. Since I had no idea about the characters and the storyline, I didn't bother to watch it ever again. (What a big mistake!)

Anyways, a friend of mine was all excited about this season's premiere, so I watched it with her. I was hooked! I told another friend of mine about Alias, and it turns out she was a huge fan also! She let me borrow her season 1 & 2 DVD's and I watched them all in a weekend! I was glued to the TV!

That's when I fell in love with Irina!

:smiley:

MandahLuvsVaughn said:
sculder said:

And I am still here!  :D
I hated her character, Hannah (on Felicity), too! Usually I hold a grudge forever against a person who played a character i hated....im glad jen is an exception!
I hated Hannah too!!!! :lol:

Well my older sister was watching it and I saw the name Michael Vartan and it seemed familiar to me. Then i remebered sayin "isn't that the hot guy from never been kissed." Once I saw him I was hooked like that. I became an an SV shipper at the pier Scene. I've been loyal to that ship ever since and always will be.

I actually got into ALIAS kinda of late but I have seen all of the episodes 8 times, so I'm plenty caught up! I got into ALIAS when I watched Daredevil and FELL IN LOVE with Jen! And then I came home and downloaded an episode, and then downloaded ALL of the episodes! Then I got into it on the actual TV and then I bought the dvd's and what not and then.....the disease started! Lol.

It was during the middle of S1. There was nothing else to watch, so I turned to Alias. Then I remembered seeing a promo for it in the Summer showing Syd with that classic red wig. Anyhow, when I first saw the promo, I thought it was a show based on a movie called Run Lola Run. People who saw this will recognize and understand my mistake. However, it was a show about spies and spying. Through the reruns shown that winter, I pretty much caught up and started watching in ernest when new eppy's started airing that January. But there is something tragic to my experience that you all will identify with and grieve for on my behalf... To this very day, I have still not seen the very first Alias eppy ever! Sad? This I know. This is Young Wayne's tearful sorrow. (fight club anyone?)

Back