How did you do That?

Okay.

Since a bit of a lul is on I have a question. Want to hear a bit of a story from ya.

Everyone has had an evening where they've stayed up reeeeeealy late ... gaming. I can't tell you how many times, been a long time now though, I stayed up gaming and actually got maybe two hours sleep. Seems like I can recall an entire winter wherein my nights were so very short that now I wonder just how i did that.

And yes, I confess. There were a few times that I gamed all night long and went to work the next day fighting off sleep deprivation only to come home and game some more 'till the we hours of the morn or until my body just took over.

So have you done this?
What was the next day like for you?
Are you doing it now?
What game was it?
Ever have to take the next day off from work because of it?
What on earth were you thinking?

I did this pretty much non-stop from 97-05 or so... hehe. I am much more restrained now, though.

The day after was always foggy.

DR, EQ, AC, AC2, SWG, DAoC, FFXI, WoW... I stopped about mid year through my WoW addiction, though.

I blame society. :D

I have been working out and running regularly the past couple years, so I need my beauty sleep. 8 hours sleep or my workouts are hell.

Yeah... Hey, there was a severed finger in my extremely hot chili which I spilled my pants before the cleaners lost them! Who can I sue!?

I stay up all the time, but it rarely has anything to do with a game these days. I'm not a morning person, ya see. Therefore, I am rarely awake in the morning, and if I am, even if I've yet to go to sleep, I usually don't get to sleep until the next 'early morning' phase rolls around again.

When I was Roleplaying heavily I almost lost my job because I was staying up until about 6 am and then calling out of work.

I wised up though, and on worknights try to go to bed at least around 12 if I'm playing a game. However, I have been known to still do it now and then. The difference is, now I don't call out and yes, go in to work. <blinks, bleary eyed>

I'll tell you how I did it: 10 Red Bulls between the hours of 4:00 AM and 7:00 AM. To this day, we refer to that morning as "The Porcelain Apocalypse."

Red Bull drinking is for wimps!

I think the longest I've ever stayed awake (for no good reason) was something like 2 1/2 days. I have no idea how I got through that. Or why. I just know I stayed up for too long at some point when I was still able to make it over 24 hours without feeling like my brain left me.

I feel for ya.

Takes me days sometimes to recoup for allnighters and throws my body clock off if done too much.

'Course I will be taking a few days off when HJ comes out. I figure it'll take me that long just to get out of the character customization screens.

And probably "bad"

Pssha! Ugh... I'm tired, too. :/ The longest I've ever stayed up for, though, is probably only for maybe 40 hours. It's really easy to stay awake if there are people around, but, sadly, there never are. Anyway, I think it's like walking: Boring, slow, and it leaves you aching if you do it alone; Not quite so boring, you don't notice how slow you're going, and you don't ache unless it's a pretty long walk if you're with friends. Only, with sleep it's: Boring, you're going to sleep... If you're alone, You don't get so tired when there are people, and you're talking. I still get pretty tired playing games, though.

If you get tired playing games, you're either in horrible shape, or you've got a horrible diet. Or both. I wouldn't doubt both for most of us Americans.

I know I'm slowly getting there. :/

Time to exercise! (yeah right, I'm lazy. I'm going to do it in my head, and pretend I really did)

Back